TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.
 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balle_TSGK
December 22 1967 (50 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Biffjab
December 16 1994 (23 year old)
gristsngravy
December 22 1976 (41 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Sat 16 Dec 2017 Sun 17 Dec 2017 Mon 18 Dec 2017 Tue 19 Dec 2017 Wed 20 Dec 2017 Thu 21 Dec 2017 Fri 22 Dec 2017
Birthday Biffjab  
 
 
 
 
 
Birthday Balle_TSGK  
Birthday gristsngravy  
The time now is Sun Dec 17, 2017 00:40
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » HL2 Help
source sdk error
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Author Message
Rust7


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 57
Location: Hungary
Country:
Browser:
Age: 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 00:34    Post subject:  source sdk error
Subject description: source sdk error
 

If anybody can tell my what is the problem then please, help me! -> The following is the problem: when i run source sdk, the window is appear, then when want to start example: hammer editor ( no game configurations run with, error ) is appearing...same at sdk model program. But the strange is, i can choose between the two engine: hl2ep2, or OrangeBox, but under it, i cannot choose any game configurations!? Where are them, and why i can choose anything there?

Thanks Arrow Arrow Arrow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member


Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 4659
Location: France

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 01:52    Post subject: Re: source sdk error
Subject description: source sdk error
 

Rust7 wrote:
If anybody can tell my what is the problem then please, help me! -> The following is the problem: when i run source sdk, the window is appear, then when want to start example: hammer editor ( no game configurations run with, error ) is appearing...same at sdk model program. But the strange is, i can choose between the two engine: hl2ep2, or OrangeBox, but under it, i cannot choose any game configurations!? Where are them, and why i can choose anything there?

Thanks Arrow Arrow Arrow

Under Utilities double click "Reset Game Configurations", this may fix the problem.

_________________
Allez allez, enlève ta culotte et déboutonne mon pantalon...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Rust7


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 57
Location: Hungary
Country:
Browser:
Age: 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 08:23    Post subject: Re: source sdk error
Subject description: source sdk error
 

Osiris_TSGK wrote:
Rust7 wrote:
If anybody can tell my what is the problem then please, help me! -> The following is the problem: when i run source sdk, the window is appear, then when want to start example: hammer editor ( no game configurations run with, error ) is appearing...same at sdk model program. But the strange is, i can choose between the two engine: hl2ep2, or OrangeBox, but under it, i cannot choose any game configurations!? Where are them, and why i can choose anything there?

Thanks Arrow Arrow Arrow

Under Utilities double click "Reset Game Configurations", this may fix the problem.


I know that, but nothing happens...still i can't select anything. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
Sadist


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 721
Location: The TSF Council
Country:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 15:40    Post subject:  

This error is common, you need to play the game in question, so if you are modelling for CSS, play CSS, even if you know you have played it, just play it, there may have been an update.

In specific to orange box or ep2, this is important, you cant select ep2 if you have not bought the game. Again, if you have selected ep2 and want to model for that game, go play it first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Rust7


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 57
Location: Hungary
Country:
Browser:
Age: 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 15:47    Post subject:  

Sadist wrote:
This error is common, you need to play the game in question, so if you are modelling for CSS, play CSS, even if you know you have played it, just play it, there may have been an update.

In specific to orange box or ep2, this is important, you cant select ep2 if you have not bought the game. Again, if you have selected ep2 and want to model for that game, go play it first.


Then what is it when i didn't have this games ?? I only have hl2, and hl2dm, and i want to mapping for that, but i can't select these games...^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member


Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 2272
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Country:
Browser:
Age: 31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 16:56    Post subject:  

Try re-installing it, though my problem was not the same it cured it, from what I can gather from all my past experience with Source SDK, it seems to be pretty dodgy/ Buggy.

Edit - Also check Steam Forums and do a search there, there maybe other people suffering the same problem

_________________

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Rust7


Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 57
Location: Hungary
Country:
Browser:
Age: 24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 20:19    Post subject:    

I re-installed, and checked steam helping stuffs, but still nothing...
Any idea ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member


Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 2272
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Country:
Browser:
Age: 31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 21:02    Post subject:  

no mate, dunno if one of mapping lads would be able to help you, but your best bet for this is to post your exact problem on the Steam forums, there are alot more Devs/ mappers hanging out on there than there are here and they might know the solution to your problem, sometimes Steam just don't wanna play ball Crying or Very sad
_________________

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » TSGK General » HL2 Help
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.2454s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0098s) ][ Debug on ]