TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eXs|DanielAndres
April 29 1978 (46 year old)
Freelancer
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Hahahahahaha
April 29 1971 (53 year old)
Juize_TSGK
April 27 1989 (35 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Spitfire
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024 Thu 25 Apr 2024 Fri 26 Apr 2024 Sat 27 Apr 2024 Sun 28 Apr 2024 Mon 29 Apr 2024

Birthday TeamScorpion  

Birthday Freelancer  
Birthday Juize_TSGK  
Birthday Spitfire  

Birthday eXs|DanielAndres  
Birthday Hahahahahaha  
The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 06:36
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
pRiebe_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 08:27    Post subject:  Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()
Subject description: Temporary fix, to one of steams mound of problems causing your game to crash!

This post was a reply to Rublis_TSGK and I thought I should post it here to help others since this seems to be a wide problem in the community of hl2 and css.

I have to reboot my locked computer up at least 4-5 times a day when I play, if not more.. It only happens during server switch with CSS and HL2.. HL2 has been way better than CSS when it comes to crashes on my comptuer, it only crashes every few server switches if I am lucky.. I have NEVER had a crash like these from any other games ever.. Steam really needs to resolve this..

Are u getting the " Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present() " error?.. or is it something else.. sometimes my game just locks up and I have to reboot.. I have no option to do anything else.. I tried something new tonight to fix the Direct3D error. So far it works, but we will see.. maybe attach your crash logs and we can figure it out..

We might just need to either launch your game with 800-600 settings and then change it in the game, that's been working for alot of people..

" -width 800 -height 600 "

If that simple fix doesn't work, then your going to have to change the version of DirectX you load the game with.. I recommend downloading the updated DirectX 9.0c version ( link here, DirectX 9.0c English )and it didn't help me, but I would recommend it anyways..

" -dxlevel 90c " if your trying to use the new updated dx9.. most people turn of HDR as well for it to work.
" -dxlevel 81 " if you want to just use a lower setting for now, or if dx9 update doesn't work for you.. This is what I have mine set to right now, and it works fine the past hour.. normally it crashes on server change and it hasn't yet.. but I will let you know..
" -dxlevel 70 " sometimes the 2 above options dont work, this is the last resort for now, it should work no matter what on this level, but it might not look the best.. but it will work according to most of the post I have read with people using that setting as a last resort.

There are 3 main reasons it is crashing right now, and all 3 are considered "Unresolved" to them, but these are just temp fix's..

--building portfolio, in progress---
http://sjp.notlong.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 21:51    Post subject:  

I recently got this when I changed the gpu without a new windows install. I guess a fresh installation would solve the problem.

Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Jump to: