TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exfido
June 18 1959 (65 year old)
kiransha
June 17 1998 (26 year old)
Pyramidions
June 19 1987 (37 year old)
SkyKoopa_TSGK
June 15 1982 (42 year old)
 TSGK Member 
steve
June 16
tlc
June 18
Vinsticks_TSGK
June 20 1981 (43 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Sat 15 Jun 2024 Sun 16 Jun 2024 Mon 17 Jun 2024 Tue 18 Jun 2024 Wed 19 Jun 2024 Thu 20 Jun 2024 Fri 21 Jun 2024
Birthday SkyKoopa_TSGK  
Birthday steve  
Birthday kiransha  
Birthday exfido  
Birthday tlc  
Birthday Pyramidions  
Birthday Vinsticks_TSGK  

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 04:40
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
This needs attention!!
Page 1 of 2 [47 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 02:45    Post subject:  This needs attention!!
Subject description: SMG-power

Look at top of this page first before reading the rest of this post!
http://hl2mp.tsgk.com/index.php?mode=weapons&game=hl2mp
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
As you can see SMG stands on first place in our weapon rankings.
We need to end this horror Evil or Very Mad .
I was playing on server I this week and saw to many smg. So I decided to ask these guys in a descent way to stop doing that. After doing that it became nice and quiet on the server and I couldnt even hear smg anymore (realy surprised at that moment Surprised ).

This is for all new players and should be read by everyone who
plays on our servers. We cannot let SMG take over... Mad

Any ideas? Wink
Sidi

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 03:12    Post subject:  

I'm doing my part. Not a single SMG kill in the last week and top three are physics, grenades, stunstuck.

I will admit I have two kills with the combine rifle right now though. But those will clear up, like a rash.

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 04:16    Post subject:  

if you add a negative skill point modifier, you will see the smg levels will go down majorly. Very Happy

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

DogSoldier
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 05:33    Post subject:  

Quote:
if you add a negative skill point modifier

what he said
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 08:26    Post subject:  

A Chat-Message like "SMG-Lovers will burn in Hell Twisted Evil" & automatic Burning for 5-10 Seconds would be a laugh. Laughing

Or you let them loose HP with every SMG-Shot like it happens if you hit someone spawnprotected. Razz

Only poor that the most (especially new) Players have set their "cl_restrict_server_commands to 1" by standard Crying or Very sad
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 09:53    Post subject:  

I just checked my stats before i replied to this and to my horror i have 3 smg kills. Please please please understand these where accindents Embarassed Embarassed I hate the smg.

I think where should start an online pertition to bann the smg on server 1 or one of the above options and then knife who started this thread, can present it to Osiris Shocked

underscore_n0rm

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:02    Post subject:  

why not just make the SMG a worthless kill? 0 points period.
I have thought of asking, but I don't want to be rude. I suppose it doesn't matter much, since i am vacating.

_n0rm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
BrentMeisterGeneral

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:49    Post subject:  

Funny thing about the smg-ers is that they always seem to "aim" for me when I am seriously getting into some stickaction.

I think just like us stickkillers that they have a secret pact Shocked that they kill all people using a stick (just like we have pact to kill all SMG with a stick)

just some thoughts

Brent
[AgC]Flushthetoilet
Sildenafil citrate consumer

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:32    Post subject:  

[Devils Advocate mode]

Why ?? whats wrong with the SMG. One mans elite weapon is another mans noob tube.

The fact that the smg is probably the least effective weapon in a killbox environment seems to not be registering with a lot of people, Probably because the players using it are not that advanced / experienced. However, if players want to use it then why not ?

Also I wouldn't put too much store in the points modifier. I would suggest that the majority of people who use the SMG are not even AWARE of the stats system, furthermore the ones who are stat whores dont use it anyway. You guys have already removed the RPG, so the SMG will be next ? what then ? combine balls (the ultimate splash damage weapon), Pistol ?

I would also venture that of the number of players using your servers, less than 1% view this forum, therefore are probably not even aware of your policy of no SMG usage.

IF you dont like SMG, play on the TSGK private server. That said.. you guys pay for the servers so you are entitled to make whatever rules you see fit.
[/Devils Advocate Mode]

rat tat tat tat tat tat tat !!!!!!!!
ICQ Number 
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:41    Post subject:  

He just don't get the point Wink

Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:04    Post subject:  

[AgC]Flushthetoilet wrote:
[Devils Advocate mode]

Why ?? whats wrong with the SMG. One mans elite weapon is another mans noob tube.

The fact that the smg is probably the least effective weapon in a killbox environment seems to not be registering with a lot of people, Probably because the players using it are not that advanced / experienced. However, if players want to use it then why not ?

Also I wouldn't put too much store in the points modifier. I would suggest that the majority of people who use the SMG are not even AWARE of the stats system, furthermore the ones who are stat whores dont use it anyway. You guys have already removed the RPG, so the SMG will be next ? what then ? combine balls (the ultimate splash damage weapon), Pistol ?

I would also venture that of the number of players using your servers, less than 1% view this forum, therefore are probably not even aware of your policy of no SMG usage.

IF you dont like SMG, play on the TSGK private server. That said.. you guys pay for the servers so you are entitled to make whatever rules you see fit.
[/Devils Advocate Mode]

Couldn't agree more, Everyone has their own play styles and preferred weapons, newer players also tend to like the SMG and why not.

If you ban the SMG you'll only end up with fewer players on the servers, surely thats not a good thing. TSGK as a clan have their own style so you restrict its use within your own clan membership anyway.

I still use the SMG when all else is out or to finish someone off. Saves ammo on the decent weapons too. Wink
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:10    Post subject:  

To clear some points:

1. http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?p=14093#14093
The SMG will not be removed from TSGK Servers at all.
The SMG point modifier will be 0.5 as now and will not be modified on TSGK Servers.
The SMG kill will not trigger any slay or damage to the SMG user on TSGK Servers.

2. There is no policy about no SMG use on our servers by the management.
3. This is only a requirement (less than 2%) for those who want to join TSGK, this doesn't concern the others players.
4. This thread isn't an official thread, so it don't involve TSGK and the servers management.
5. TSGK Serv X is accessible only for the TSGK Members, this thread has been posted in General Discussion (which is a public section) and his author wants the feedback of everyone interested by this subject (if not he would have post somewhere else).

Thanks.

[AgC]Flushthetoilet

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:45    Post subject:  

Quote:
5. TSGK Serv X is accessible only for the TSGK Members, this thread has been posted in General Discussion (which is a public section) and his author wants the feedback of everyone interested by this subject (if not he would have post somewhere else).

Thats what he got. I love to stoke a good debate.

Quote:
He just don't get the point Wink

Clearly not, please enlighten me.

Have a nice time in the US Osiris, dont go getting yourself deported now.
ICQ Number 
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 14:16    Post subject:  

[AgC]Flushthetoilet wrote:
[Devils Advocate mode]

[/Devils Advocate Mode]

Yes, totaly agree here Smile. The SMG point modifier has become much better with the last update. It has become 0.50. Thats very good Exclamation
Removing the SMG from our servers isnt my goal at all. Like you said, what will be next? Combine ball, SMG-grenade, AR2-riffle...
I only hope that after reading this subject, some players come to realise that this game is very complex and that there are many more "cool" ways to take out your opponents Smile .
[DOH] Half Life Half Bisc
Priapism prone

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 14:56    Post subject:  

It pains me to agree with blockthetoilet but I don't see what the big deal is with the smg. I play on TSGK a lot and I do try and avoid it, mainly because people call you out for using it. But it is a fairly underpowered weapon so why the big deal? I resent it sometimes the way people on TSGK servers (though, interestingly enough, not TSGK members) will try and persuade you to play the way they play (sticks, nades, grav etc.) Assimilate or die!

[AgC]Flushthetoilet

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 15:05    Post subject:  

[DOH] Half Life Half Bisc wrote:
It pains me to agree with blockthetoilet but I don't see what the big deal is with the smg. I play on TSGK a lot and I do try and avoid it, mainly because people call you out for using it. But it is a fairly underpowered weapon so why the big deal? I resent it sometimes the way people on TSGK servers (though, interestingly enough, not TSGK members) will try and persuade you to play the way they play (sticks, nades, grav etc.) Assimilate or die!

Who said I agree with that statement.... note the devils advocate. Merely offering a different point of view that i may or may not agree with. Razz
ICQ Number 
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 15:22    Post subject:  

I just want to be clear on this, I too may not agree or not disagree to any or neither of the above points including those concerning the usage or non-usage of SMGs but especially as regards the expectation, implied or explicit, of those TSGK members who have an expectation, as to applicability of utilising the SMG as part of their gameplay, whereas those non-members' views as to both the appropriateness and desirability of using an SMG on TSGK servers are entirely valid, even robust, unless they are contrary to my own deeply held views on the matter, in which case they are obviously illogical and invalid save in the circumstances where usage is made of a devil's advocacy construct which neither purports to opine nor argue but rather inform albeit in a very unclear fashion, unlike this clear statement which clarifies my position on the matter for once and for all.

Thankyou

Diet.

Last edited by Diet H2O_TSGK on Thu May 03, 2007 00:31; edited 1 time in total
[AgC]Flushthetoilet

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 15:38    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:
I just want to be clear on this, I too may not agree or not disagree to any or neither of the above points including those concerning the usage or non-usage of SMGs but especially as regards the expectation, implied or explicit, of those TSGK members who have an expectation, as to applicability of utilising the SMG as part of their gameplay, whereas those non-members' views as to both the appropriateness and desirability of using an SMG on TSGK servers are entirely valid, even robust, unless they are contrary to my own deeply held views on the matter, in which case they are obviously illogical and invalid save in the circumstances where usage is made of a devil's advocacy contruct which netiher purports to opine nor argue but rather inform albeit in a very unclear fashion, unlike this clear statement which clarifies my position on the matter for once and for all.

Thankyou

Diet.

Excellent post.

Thread closed. Laughing
ICQ Number 
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 15:44    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:
I just want to be clear on this, I too may not agree or not disagree to any or neither of the above points including those concerning the usage or non-usage of SMGs but especially as regards the expectation, implied or explicit, of those TSGK members who have an expectation, as to applicability of utilising the SMG as part of their gameplay, whereas those non-members' views as to both the appropriateness and desirability of using an SMG on TSGK servers are entirely valid, even robust, unless they are contrary to my own deeply held views on the matter, in which case they are obviously illogical and invalid save in the circumstances where usage is made of a devil's advocacy contruct which netiher purports to opine nor argue but rather inform albeit in a very unclear fashion, unlike this clear statement which clarifies my position on the matter for once and for all.

Thankyou

Diet.

Damn Diet Smile
I needed to use a dictionary to understand your post... Embarassed
But at the same time, my english is getting better Very Happy
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 15:53    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:

Thankyou

Diet.

I bet he's a lawyer Laughing lets ask his secertary for a translation.

Like knife said theirs other cool ways of killing.

Its the ones that only use smg following you around, poor aim but as annoying as a fly buzzing near your ear. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Maybe you should only be allowed 4 minutes in total per session with smg, that way they would have to learn another weapon and ultimately improve their game.

eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 17:21    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:

I couldnt say it clearer Mate^^. Laughing
PureSlut_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 18:03    Post subject:  

I would ban SMG...the claims for vibration white finger will be massive in a few years Shocked

PS it don't bother me really
sargE

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 18:13    Post subject:  

Thought i would do my bit and post my views (you all love to hear them Very Happy )

SMG is used by players who start playing the game (noobs as some of u call them.. not me) because they feel it is the strongest weapon in the game. This ofcourse is not the case (as you will learn when you play more).
However, smg can be used quite skillfully as a weapon. close range, few headshots and your oponent is dead. There are other tactics to using smg aswell (im not going to post all my secrets Wink ).
I use the smg frequently and i dont discurrage the Lgm caln from doing so. infact some have started using it again and have become better players overall.

ANY weapon in HL2DM can be abused and used all the time. ar2, orbs, 357 are to name a few that i have heard people on servers complain about for abusing. A good, skilled player can find the right balance between all weapons and not abuse them all.

im done (im supprised danny hasnt posted a book or something here Razz )
Controllerboy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Location: Ingelmunster, West of the Flanders, Flanders, Belgium
Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 20:58    Post subject:  

It is fine as it is now. I get killed a lot by SMG, but the smg'ers are real stickmeat. that's how it's always been and that's probabely how it will always be. It's a shame there's less kills with physics than with smg tho lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
maeggs

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 21:59    Post subject:  

Wink move faster m8s and the smg´ers can not hit you. Then it becomes only a noise activity in the background Laughing
Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 23:05    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:

Thankyou

Diet.

Rofl Diet! Best post I've seen in ages! Very Happy
mob_2111

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 03:20    Post subject:    

umm i dont like using SMG either..and i hate when i get killed when im trying to stick someone but then get killed by SMG.

...and i only use SMG as last resort but i probably do have some SMG kills and im terribly sorry about that
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 13:05    Post subject:  

mob_2111 wrote:

Quote:
and i only use SMG as last resort but i probably do have some SMG kills and im terribly sorry about that

Thx for response Wink. Just keep on "not liking SMG" and everything will turn out fine Smile Wink
Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 18:27    Post subject: This needs attentio
Subject description: SMG

Hi all,
have been away for a couple of days and have missed the development of this thread. Firstly, the SMG like the RPG are part of HL2 on which the death match is based. I don't miss the RPG because I can't recall having played on TSGK servers with that weapon. However you modify the game, it is the same for everyone!! Or is it??? I try to comply with the ethos of the server on which I am playing. (Thats cricket). Modifying the game in such a way that it gives advantage to a grav gun or stick player for example, is not cricket!!!
Removing the SMG also removes the impact 'nade which is what I mainly use the SMG for. I try not to use it as a SMG and my kills are down to about the "acceptable" 2% level. I would personally not be opposed to the change if the SMG were replace with a weapon that could launch bouncy rubber bullets as well as impact 'nades.

Question Question Question Question Question Question Wink

Zog
sargE

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 18:33    Post subject:  

i find it ironic that the top smg user of all time is a TSGK Laughing im guessing this was before he/her joined the clan

just thought id point that out Embarassed
Page 1 of 2 [47 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: