TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 22:46
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Global Announcement
Global stats calculation modification
Page 1 of 3 [62 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 08:47    Post subject:  Global stats calculation modification  

Since the last week, we have change the calculation of stats.
Everyone will get effected by this change.

Everyone will loose points, the global rank is affected for now, but in 1 - 2 weeks the rank will goes stable again (time that everybody plays).

If you take a look at the Top 50 - 100 - 200 - 300...:
http://hl2mp.tsgk.com/index.php?mode=players&game=hl2mp

You can see that everyone is loosing points, this is normal, no worries.

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 16:11    Post subject:  

what did change? How is it calculated now?

Killa/PPV

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 20:04    Post subject:  

Oh, I find a very good positive points . This calculation going to calm down some players who play just for points. Who's agree with me ?
conflict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 21:39    Post subject:  

im stickin with my air miles, tyvm
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 21:46    Post subject:  

This has nothing to do against high points only.
This is ALL the players who see their points going down.
During the transition period everyone will get messed up on the rank but as i said already this will get stable again in 1 - 2 weeks.
Everyone should get back his rank soon (except those who abused the system).
Thanks.

conflict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 21:53    Post subject:  

Btw i never really look or take care about points since they doesnt rly show the truth.

Like... I connect to tsgk server, theres 3 noobs (but when i mean noobs i mean they grab a barrel and they are like ''OOOH COOL IM GRABBING A BARREL...HEY MOM COME LOOK, I..'' i think u get the point.

And some decent player comes in (aka tsgk, or me, or rAc or kbh guys) and totally just rape em up, and theyre like ''OH COOL I FOUND A HACKERZ'' so they stay and say like HAX and ''ill banz djoo! pls gimme ur emai k thx bai''

So it ends up that you totally slaughtered 3 guy for half an hour of pure free kill and it happens to me alot (like yesterday on aim arena, i think the guy stayed for an hour O_o 132 - 0) good for aim practice haha.

Anyway you know what i mean when i say i dont trust what points shows.
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:01    Post subject:  

New calculation has been done to prevent abusing the system and then have a more representiv rank on the global TSGK stats.
Obviously it will also down the love for points.
This part is concerning the Stats only.
If you play for fun then you will not be affected, if you play for points only then you will have to change the way you play (toward the fun).

Killa/PPV

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:02    Post subject:  

Ahhh, Nice. New good thing.

Last edited by Killa/PPV on Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:11; edited 2 times in total
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:05    Post subject:  

I don't understand... Am I thick?

What's changed? What abuse? What colour? What?!

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:09    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:
I don't understand... Am I thick?

What's changed? What abuse? What colour? What?!

Some people have found a way to up their points like crazy without playing good (we were tolering that until too much people did it).
I will not explain the list of what you can do to have your points going up without having to play well...
Whatever, those tricks are now void with the new calculation.

Killa/PPV

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:11    Post subject:  

I think this new calculator system going to change some players gameplay.I speak for SMGs and Campers.
Rublis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:14    Post subject:  

Killa/PPV_TSGK wrote:
I think this new calculator system going to change some players gameplay.I speak for SMGs and Campers.

yup, thats me
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:15    Post subject:  

OK!

DuMBaZz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:17    Post subject:  

Ok i dont understand this whole thing ;S

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:18    Post subject:  

Quote:
Ok i dont understand this whole thing

Thanks brother - I knew I could rely on you Very Happy

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:56    Post subject:  

I know only one way, use nades, gravgun and stick only and play on server:

XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
also called X-ONE
(for dumbazz: this is supposed to be a I)

only when many high pointers are there.

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 23:18    Post subject:  

But that's fine! I like when server 1 is full! Question

Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 15:54    Post subject: im confused  

Hey dudes,

Can someone break down the changes for me, it doesnt really matter but i enjoyed the point system on tsgk and was going to adopt a similar method for the KC servers. So could you just make a brief explanation of whats changed or do you want players to find out for themselves? Good work tho, any improvements from tsgk are normally a good thing. Woot Woot

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 07:42    Post subject:  

I forget to mention, you are loosing point because the new calculation will show a lower average point as the old calculation.
Before, the first had 200 000+ points, since the new calculation, the first should have something arround 90 000+ points and it will be harder to go over 100 000+.
The problem is that some Top50 players doesn't play since the new calculation is up, because they are inactiv or because they don't want to drop.
For those who don't want to drop and adopt the new calculation and rank, we will be forced to reset their points to 1000 (we will clean the top50 from the inactiv players in 2 weeks).
So again, do not worry if you loose a huge amount of point for now even with a high KpD this is the normal process for the transition period between the old and the new calculation.
To say the true, it will be barely impossible to win points during this transition.
1 more week or 2 then you will see that you will stop loosing point and get your original rank back.
Thanks again for your patience and comprehension.

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 09:58    Post subject:  

thanx for the explanation duder.so another week and we get our rank back. awesome Twisted Evil
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 15:39    Post subject:  

Cool. I was almost thinking about going to a doctor or something.
I dont play play for points but I liked my 20th place in the rankingssystem.
So I will try to get it back Twisted Evil Very Happy
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 15:39    Post subject:    

With staying away they not only hold their actual Rank. Some are goint go increase it while the others play proper and loose points and the idle Players hold their old and high Points. So some can win Places just with staying away because the next higher ranked Player is active and loose Points in this Way.

If i understood it right it will end in a smaller range of Points, so that the Top Players will become something between 90 and 100K Points. Am i false when i think this Range of 100.000 Points could be a bit too small for about 250.000 registered Players? Im my View it will happen much more often, that 2 or more Players must meet at the same ammount of Points then in follow of that. If there are then 2 or more Players with the same Points (what will happen then more often) who will get the better Place then? Will the next Factor of sorting then the KDP or something other?

Just a Suggestion but wouldnt it be more logical as it was earlier? To let 250.000 different Players also round about 250.000 different Posibilities to score? If you share a Range of maximum of 10.000 Points (System depended) with a bunch of 50.000 Players (easy Math for example Wink) there must meet 5 Players on each single Score (in theory & average). On what factor you decide between their ranks then if they have the same score?

I dont carry on the Points so much and im same fine with 65K (actual) as 82K (a few Days earlier) and we will see where everybody will be in a few Weeks but in general i cant follow the logic behind because the System byself wont be able to differ exactly between the single Players because there are too few different and possible Points too reach as that it would be enough for this big bunch of active Players.

In a League with 10 Opponents there must be also 10 different Places (one for every single) and the System sould be able to care out a clear difference. Just a Suggestion pointing the logic that the general Points Range could be a bit too small to differ well if it need to sort much more Players.

Maybe there would be a Way to increase the average Points again a bit while sorting out the "Trick" to get points for nothing.

Playing on TSGK Servers was ever (and will be ever) a big Fun because there are very much nice and good Players to have a great time and many Fun together but the Points (not the Rank) where ever a additional Motivation and it was just nice to see how you earned Points while you played a good and fair Game against very good Opponents. If you ask 250000 Players, 249500 will say "im not (never) looking for my Points. I really wonder why some of them swear and flee from the Server then immediately if they got a few Kills and lost many Points then. Wink Be honest to yourself - everybody - is looking for his Points a bit and thats the reason for having some Kind of Point and Ranking System. They are for Motivation and let yourself see climbing up slowly. Would you disable the Stats, i bet many (surely not all) of the "I dont play for Points" Peoples will stay just away as we can notice still after the changed Counting System. Smile They just would prefer to play on any other Server where its still able to take out the Ego in some Ranking System i bet Wink

Some care more - some less, and really a few maybe not but in Fact noone can tell me that he wasnt a bit proud or just glad to earn 8000 or 10000 Points after a Night of good and funny Playing on Servers. Surely just as a addition.

Some Time ago, i mentioned to open the Points based & restricted Servers again (as it was earlier) and got as answer that it would be boring and the most Players didnt liked it. Now i just want to ask: Will in not be boring to have the Top 20 or 30 Players stucking between 95K and 98K Points (maybe 2 oe 3 Players at exactly the same Points)for all Future because they have no (realistic) Chance to get over the 100K Barriere? I personal dont need to carry on, because im surely not going to be Part of the "Top 50 Club" with my average Skill and KDP but i could imagine that they loose a bit Motivation as soon they have reached the Top, stuck there very close with the othe Top Players and see no Way to come forth anymore.

I dont ask in any Way for redo the Changes, just wanted to share my personal Views and the Problems i see come later maybe. As Osiris said self in another Topic: "The Pointing System is far away from being perfect" and i personal think that no Ranking can be perfect ever but it was a great Motivation alltime and capable to host all this Players with (mostly) different Points and let you make a Kind of Carriere before you stuck someday. This Day will come now much faster i think...

Regards

Daniel

P.S. Sorry for this long long Posting. Hope noone slept away while reading. Smile I hope i was able to make you all understand my Views because my English isnt that perfect as it should be for Themes like this Wink
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 15:59    Post subject:  

What the difference with the old one?

Only 100 players were over 100 000+ points and the 280 000 others players were under 100 000 points. So only 0.04% of the players were over 100 000 points.

Concerning the rank, this is not only about points, if 2 players score the same points (which isn't a new case because before 279 900 players have to share a range of 0 to 100 000 points) then it short by KpD and if both players have same amount of point and same KpD then it will short with the number of kills.

This will not change at all the rank except that now it will be more difficult to keep a place in the Top 50.
And we didn't said that the 100 000+ points will not be possible, we said it will be very difficult to reach or go over it.

PS: Server capping project has been done and is definitivly over now.
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=114

eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 16:19    Post subject:  

Ahhh, Osiris, the French God of quick replys. Wink

Its ok. I wasnt moaning in any Way, just thought there would be any Way to let Players (even if this will only effect 0,04%) get again more Points then actual possible.

Higher Scores just look more likeley and would allow to make a more clear Difference on the Points also and not only the Rank (that can surely be sorted by other Indicators as it still is) Idea

It dont effect me so much overall but i just try to imagine how it will be for the Top Players to fall from 200K+ Points down to around 95K after all the Effort they surely took in for long time. Surely noone will think about suicide now Wink but loosing about 100K Points (more then most will ever have) is going to hurt surely a bit i could imagine. Even if most still will say "I never play or look Points".

Im sure your Reasons are good and you thought wisely before you made the change but this is far away from being a small adjustment and i personal mostly looked the Points and not the Rank. I couldnt say you clearly my actual Rank and dont know exactly if im on Position 100 or 1000 with my Points. Was just nice to see the Points, that there is something happen and to know finally that you could have about 150K or 200K someday also maybe and see it as a Kind of Goal. Wink

Also i know that the Server Projekt is done still. Just wanted to point to the "boring" Argument. Maybe i missunderstood something about the changed System. Time will show that all.
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:31    Post subject:  

Since today all players over 80 000 points will be tracked.
- Those who are inactive will be down to 50 000 points right now.
- Those who play not enough (with the goal to not lost points) will be down to 50 000 points in 2 - 3 days.
- Those who play a lot but still need to lost a lot of points will have 1 week more to get back to the average points of the new rank, if they still do not loose enought points then we will be forced to down their points manualy to 70 000 (if they become inactive after having their points down to 70 000, we will down them again to 50 000).
- Those who are under 80 000 and get over 80 000 points during this transition will not be affected by this change.

After this last transition, no more change will be done and the new rank will be effective.
Thank you.

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 23:48    Post subject:  

Awww i lost 10k points last itme i played
DonRon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 03:36    Post subject:  

the 1-2 weeks has past now and my points are still pretty low

whent from 70.000 to 40.000 is it gonna stay there then or
Cynyx

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 02:48    Post subject:  

I'm stilling to not not understand how TSGK stats work...
After many players loosing near 100k, i see more u play more u loose points...

Many players will say "i don't care about stats" ... but ... everybody checks his stats.
If new awards system on TSGK rocks, ranking seems not to be really good... for the moment certainly (but since at least 2 weeks).
Cynyx

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 07:53    Post subject:  

Stats calculation still to be strange after one month...
in fact :
-> More u play, more u fall in points ... see results of players who play marathon or players who play many times... so i suppose stats will be sad for a while (after 25 hours of playing for me, i still to fall)
-> Player who plays for points : the syteme encourages u to play very few times against very bad players. Only when u have a kpd > 6-7, u gain points.

I'm not sure it's the aim of the ranking. now it's impossible to see who is good or who is bad. Rolling Eyes

The only thing we can see with the ranking system : check who plays for points or not Smile

So, is it possible to accelerate the points decrease as it's needed to retrieve a good ranking system who shows the players in a correct order ?

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14    Post subject:  

can´t we get a full reset of points? that would solve it the fastest.

Page 1 of 3 [62 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » TSGK General » Global Announcement
Jump to: