TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1337_Byte
April 18 1993 (31 year old)
bullock007
April 21 1970 (54 year old)
DogSoldier
April 19 1974 (50 year old)
 TSGK Member 
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Thu 18 Apr 2024 Fri 19 Apr 2024 Sat 20 Apr 2024 Sun 21 Apr 2024 Mon 22 Apr 2024 Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024
Birthday 1337_Byte  
Birthday DogSoldier  

Birthday bullock007  

Birthday TeamScorpion  
The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 14:29
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
HL2 AG2 Deathmatch
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
cold.discostu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 05:03    Post subject:  HL2 AG2 Deathmatch
Subject description: AG=Adrenaline Gamer

Hi folks,

Check out this cool new mod: http://www.adrenalinegamer2.com/index.php?site=about

If you liked HL1 Adrenaline Gamer you should definitely give this one a try. It's as fast paced like HL1AG1 and offers all the weapons of HL1 AND HL2. So basically we see: The "Longjump", the "Gauss" and the "Gauss-Jump" or "Tau-Cannon" as many call it. Also the "Bunny Hop" is back on the track. They are really doing a good job and hope to see the community growing. Got further questions: ask J@nek on the above mentioned page. Also check out my Gallery for old HL1 AG1 pictures if you remember the old times.

regards

cold.discostu
[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 16:50    Post subject:  

Played it the other day it had no one playing on it . Confused
I Was told the game play was like hl2dm before the update...
lies Laughing
The game feels different a bit like garys mod. Rolling Eyes

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 18:55    Post subject:  

[DOH] Mick wrote:
lies Laughing
WRONG! It feels like hl1dm Wink And it is awesomezor ;P you need to play it more to undestand the beauty of it , imho Smile
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 19:18    Post subject:  

[DOH] Mick wrote:
lies Laughing

Yeah it does not feel like old hl2dm, plus the player speed is way too fast almost like a speed hack. The Gauss-Jump really changes the game to and not in a fun way... :p

Not many people continue to play the mod Laughing

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Rublis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 19:34    Post subject:  

lol u can change game mode to standart Hl2DM, and there wont be that gauss gun or what ever its called. normal speed, just like in ''old'' hl2dm. tho that mod is useless, noone plays it anyways, neither hl2dm
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 23:36    Post subject:  

gauss gun is what made hl1dm so much fun. once second someone is about to make you eat an rpg and the other you are half way across the map lol.

i agree with my brethren. call it hl1dm revisited or something. old hl2dm is in the grave, the fixed to the ob version will be what am gonna play. Very Happy

p.s. hl1dm rocked!

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:14    Post subject:  

AG2 needs a marketing guy or something, the guys that made it are seriously epic at modding, but tossing useless at getting a community.
For a start the mod isnt new dude (cold.discostu), its been around years since 2007, secondly this is now the third topic telling people about this mod on the first page of this forum.

http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4669
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4689
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=4714

The tactic of using hl2dm's update as a way of forcing it upon the already existing dm community is really annoying. We are all watching the forums closely for news and bugs and getting servers working etc, and every other post on steam forum and everywhere else was pushing AG2. If anything this just made me even more loyal and determined to not leave and abandon hl2dm.
A mod for a niche game is never gonna work, the community in dm is too small and too cult to move across to another game.
Ive tried supporting AG2, i launched servers, became active on their forums, talked to the community, and even sat on servers for hours and hours waiting for people. But the reality of it is, there isnt enough activity with its creators other than bug fixing and feature requests to pull in a big crowd.
The community tools arent in place, they have no sub catorgory on steam forums, no activity in their steam community page (if you can find it) with less members than my community page for my Killcampers servers, and its a pain to have to check in random comment pages or their website to find out theres a new version

Do you see xD

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 16:57    Post subject:  

nice useage of the word "niche" Fyck XD
That is all

Nutz

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 17:20    Post subject:  

Fyckfaco wrote:
The tactic of using hl2dm's update as a way of forcing it upon the already existing dm community is really annoying. We are all watching the forums closely for news and bugs and getting servers working etc, and every other post on steam forum and everywhere else was pushing AG2. If anything this just made me even more loyal and determined to not leave and abandon hl2dm.
A mod for a niche game is never gonna work, the community in dm is too small and too cult to move across to another game.

Exactly.

It's very obvious that this community does not do change well. For 3 1/2 years I've played and seen all the pleas "please valve update this game".And the first time any attention is paid to it all the whining starts. And people quit playing because "Oh no, I might have to adapt and learn how to do some thing differently." Many of these are the same people who have played the same 3 or 4 maps since the beginning of DM and you expect them to change games?
The entire community had the exact same changes with the update so who cares? It's always been the people that make this game fun. Unless every player switched over and all new players were directed to AG2 instead of the HL2DM it is just not worth it.
At least for me, and I'm sure many others, I want to log on and join a server with people in it and have fun.
I don't want to spend my time rounding up people and the trying to decide which AG2 mode and settings everyone can agree on.
Hell, after all this, I'm not even sure if this post makes any sense anymore but I'll click submit anyway.

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 22:14    Post subject:  

Arguments aside, the simple truth is if we all played this mod, there would be no new players at all, nobody is going to download a free death match and say "hey I bet this is even better in mod form!".

The entire flow of new players is cut off, no more rotation, no more community.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: