TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 20:25
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Suggestions
Proper Killbox Settings
Page 1 of 3 [65 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Ade

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 19:26    Post subject:  Proper Killbox Settings  

I've created a group that aims to change the current kbx serverS settings so us kbx lovers can have a more pleasant experience..
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PKbxS
Any help is appreciated Rolling Eyes

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 20:21    Post subject:  

I think our settings are fine.
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 00:06    Post subject:  

Ghost Dog_TSGK wrote:
I think our settings are fine.

Yeah even though I don't know them, only 400 gravity XD

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Ade

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 02:22    Post subject:  

u dont know them cus u dont notice them cus thats it.. 400g, rest are stock, which is wrong. People, please try those 2 servers in the group description.. its a different, imo better world. Goodbye sitting/falling ducks

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 03:56    Post subject:  

The thing is there are a lot of regulars that have been playing here since the conception of TSGK it's not fair to change their favorite server, besides it's not that bad.
[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 20:14    Post subject:  

Very Happy I can see you and your 5 friends are serious about this
but sorry I like the way it is Wink

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 01:15    Post subject:  

In what way is it better could you explain?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Growling_Mad_Scientist
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 22:24    Post subject:  

Well, i do think to that our settings are fine.

Now, in my point of view, the proper settings to you, wont be to another person. and, that grows in porportion (50 players like ur settings, another 50 wont).

Thats why there are so many diferent settings in servers, people will play were they like, cause they like those settings, i think it would be concensual to think, that there are no proper settings!! and how come, the stock settings are wrong?? the game was designed that way....u like it or not, of course, then, u can tune it.... some like it, some dont...

For example, there are some low G servers listed in consortium, take KC server low G kbh_2, there is always players there! why arent these the proper settings??? i personally dont like low G killboxes at all, yet, lots of people love them!!

so, in what we stay?!

Cheers Wink

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 23:56    Post subject:  

I like the fact I can browse different servers playing the same map with different public settings, im personally loving 300G and very low air friction at the moment, but im quite happy i get to choose from 400g and 600g too.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 01:23    Post subject:  

i'll check out the servers this week and leave a comment.
Ade

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 14:20    Post subject:  

Quote:
the stock settings are wrong??
Oh please put all the tsgk in 600g then! Thats the point: dont lower gravity if you're not gonna change any other settings, cus that only leads to sitting/hanging in mid-air ducks.
Quote:
take KC server low G kbh_2
Some of the most popular servers like that are filled with beginners and that attracts more advanced players n that attracts even more, but the majority are beginners/less advanced that don't know better or enjoy shooting players that slowly fall like on a ray of magic light. If there was more (air) control then more advanced players would play, not feel like a sitting duck and not hate kbx so much.

The neat settings are also on EYE servers and Loki servers.. I beg of you don't post an opinion if you haven't formed one by reading group description and links and actually trying! any of the servers I mentioned in my first or my current post.

Growling_Mad_Scientist
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 17:40    Post subject:  

Ade wrote:
Oh please put all the tsgk in 600g then! Thats the point: dont lower gravity if you're not gonna change any other settings, cus that only leads to sitting/hanging in mid-air ducks..

Did u read what i wrote just after that?!?!?!?

Ade wrote:
Some of the most popular servers like that are filled with beginners and that attracts more advanced players n that attracts even more, but the majority are beginners/less advanced that don't know better or enjoy shooting players that slowly fall like on a ray of magic light. If there was more (air) control then more advanced players would play, not feel like a sitting duck and not hate kbx so much.

And then, all the begginers would left.....and only advanced would stay....
Its really up to the advanced players still stay and play...afterall, they are advanced!!...settings shouldnt be a problem...

Some months ago, last year i think, we had a portuguese server, the only portuguese server i ever found!!! O_o.... so, i was all excited, started to help where i could, i started to convince them to change 2 things:
1st- falling damage! yes, on that server, if u falled from 2 meters high, u almost died!...
2nd- adding a couple killboxes to the server. u know what was the reply??
"killboxes??! that things have lifts!!! and crazy gravs to jump! we dont want that..."

All my excitement gone.....

Ade wrote:
The neat settings are also on EYE servers and Loki servers.. I beg of you don't post an opinion if you haven't formed one by reading group description and links and actually trying! any of the servers I mentioned in my first or my current post.

I dont like the settings on EYE servers, but i still play there once in a while cause they have great maps.

Now, YOU, dont come to say that i didnt read the post, or the steam group description! i did read the group description,!! thats why i didnt acept the invite!
I did form and wrote a very neutral opinion.

Let me put this clear, cause, my discussion ends here.
I dont have NOTHING against you, your ideia, your prefered settings, and your objectives. go for it.

But i dont think its fair to ask a whole comunity/servers admins to change it, as ghost dog said, most servers have its regulars, they are used to that server settings/maps.
So dont get angry or something if admins dont want to change the settings that are running for so long.

Cheers

Ade

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 18:40    Post subject:  

woah there, the only angry person i see here is you.. i know people hate change and if i can just change one server from all the tens or so kbx servers out there, then all this is not in vain. I'm not trying to change ALL servers, especially ALL tsgk servers, I am aware thats impossible, but you guys have to open up your mind. Maybe not change your servers at all, but if just one member out of almost 1000 on this forum agrees with me and signs that petition OR puts me into contact with another kbx server admin, that's also helpful Smile
GMS, as you like eye maps and still go there, maybe thats the reason why your servers have regulars, cus they like the maps, but no one asked them why they come there, did they? Maybe they hate or love the settings, maybe its the sounds, the players, the server name/clan history. Maybe its the servers themselves, lag/crash less, hit reg etc. There's so many factors that influence players to become regulars. You can't assume all is fine, let's not change a thing. I know a very popular server that changes mapcycle every week or so and recently lags the shit out of everybody and the regulars are still there! And it's got more activity than some of your servers combined. I'm curious how many of your 30 servers have non tsgk regulars, no offense.
If EYE servers are too fast for you (tho i don't see you playing on them, according to consortium), GMS, then try the original 2 servers I mentioned. I did read everything you said, but it only made me think you haven't read the group description AND LINKS that lead to the original thread that started all this. And ofc I was referring to all of you, not you personally.. cus i see you in particular take it personally, so chill, relax Smile It's just a game.

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:22    Post subject:  

Shocked
hmm.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   72.86 KB
 Viewed   874 Time(s)

hmm.jpg

Growling_Mad_Scientist
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:29    Post subject:  

I didnt take it personally, nor i am angry Wink
As you assumed i havent read it, i to assumed u didnt get my point, and i was just making things clear.

But you were replying agressivly since start:
Ade wrote:
Goodbye sitting/falling ducks

I see your point Ade, i understand you. as i said, go for it. Wink

Ade wrote:
If EYE servers are too fast for you (tho i don't see you playing on them, according to consortium)

I get dizzy after 10 min. rofl.
Thats cause, you should have seen it to, the only thing i been doing lately, is killing zombies! Razz i dont play only hl2dm.

Cheers

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 20:20    Post subject:  

Ade , you have a point , but you try to force others in to your idea.
In my oppinion the server config is good and I enjoy playing on TSGK KBH server , but i play mostly on KC KBH or OMOS Lockdown server these days , because i dont play HL2DM that much , cuz of exams Shocked + We got a good party for mw2 Smile So we have fun playing and Bantering over skype while playing MW2.
Seriouslly though, there will be people who aggree with you and some people who wont , and it isn't because we dont want to open up to new things and try to stop you from advancing with your goal of good confg on a server. Make your own server or talk with EYE membets if you like their gameplay so much. I 've played on EYE servs before... i dont like the gametype. You get all of the weapons when you spawn and you jsut roam in a moshpit. Thats most of the EYE maps and with the config the movement is sloppy IMO. I can't say that i dislike the EYE maps . They are balanced FPS-wise and have a "good looks to FPS" ratio, they have never lagged or choked for me on my previous rig.
So good luck to you ,Ade and have fun fragging .

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:12    Post subject:  

Ade wrote:
I know a very popular server that changes mapcycle every week or so and recently lags the shit out of everybody and the regulars are still there! And it's got more activity than some of your servers combined. I'm curious how many of your 30 servers have non tsgk regulars, no offense.

This is not a competition for numbers, Osiris even asked permission to create his own KBH server, you know back when this game was actually played these servers stayed full every day of the week, clearly the administration is not worried about some pretentious game monitor numbers. Never asking for anything in return especially a lame donation like every other server network similar to this one does.

Ade wrote:
If EYE servers are too fast for you (tho i don't see you playing on them, according to consortium)

The same servers I was accused of hacking in 30+ times and informed that I should go back to playing with grain and poorbilly because we all hack (still waiting on proof because I was recorded multiple times).

I have played at the highest level this game had to offer and we won by a landslide, skill is old to me, been there done that, yet I wouldn't change anything about our server and you know who else wouldn't the entire ~$W~ team, lukegt, tlc, juice, moose and conflict. Same goes for Modern, ninojman, toad, yard guy, rejected and the list goes on and on.

These old school players came here to unwind, they could still utilize their skill to 100% capacity if they wanted, let's not bring skill into this I am an original member of ewR.

If you have a problem with being shot from mid air, stop going in the air so much like I always see people do for no reason, make use of your situations instead of trying to change them to please a handful of people that are 3 years late to this game trying to say we have done it wrong.
[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 00:14    Post subject:  

Look at that horse the horse is amazing give him a lick it tastes just like Wink

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 00:20    Post subject:  

To summarise:

Q. Could you change some settings?
A. No thanks

Q. Ah go on
A. No

Q. But...
A. Yeah but...

A. Horses

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
whatever

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 00:46    Post subject:  

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
To summarise:

Q. Could you change some settings?
A. No thanks

Q. Ah go on
A. No

Q. But...
A. Yeah but...

A. Horses

You forgot the bit where Ghost Dog reckoned he's best player in the world.
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 01:40    Post subject:  

whatever wrote:

You forgot the bit where Ghost Dog reckoned he's best player in the world.
I adore the bashing of Gdog , because he have played with really good players and skilled opponents , and can say his point of view because of that . Also , i like that people are being jelous. Proove him wrong! Neutral Bashing in the forums and specialy bashing one of the TSGK on the TSGK forum. Making second Logins because you are afraid of reviealing your true face\nick Wink GL with that , this topic goes nowhere , but to another Gdog Bashing flamewar.
Can anyone close this thread so we will be done with this faster. People here don't want a change. Leave us be and move on to other players who might share your "Propper settign for Killboxes" oppinion .
Cheers

whatever

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 02:04    Post subject:  

Thread was over. Who cares what Ghost Dog has done. As soon as someone shows their ego, I loose any respect for them as a player!

And I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the majority of players aren't pros? They don't know shit about gravity and acc settings. They just basically, 'put up' with things the way they are. And die a lot. Looks like the lame settings will stay at TSGK. Shame.
Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 05:57    Post subject:  

whatever wrote:
Thread was over. Who cares what Ghost Dog has done. As soon as someone shows their ego, I loose any respect for them as a player!

And I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the majority of players aren't pros? They don't know shit about gravity and acc settings. They just basically, 'put up' with things the way they are. And die a lot. Looks like the lame settings will stay at TSGK. Shame.
jg1k5z.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   28.37 KB
 Viewed   756 Time(s)

jg1k5z.jpg

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 05:59    Post subject:  

In case you haven't noticed pro's don't go to 400 grav maps to be pro regardless of any setting past that.

Keep playing pubstar.
whatever

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 06:47    Post subject:  

Oh, pubstar. How degrading. (Yawn).

I might just go and crash a few servers...Well, maybe wait till you're playing, just for the lulz.

PS. Take the stunstick out of your ass.
Ade

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 13:44    Post subject:  

Look, I've mentioned like 8 or so servers in total (Killbox fun, SKINS server, EYE servers and Loki servers), stop saying EYE this and EYE that, few other servers out there as well for you to try.
Quote:
Maybe not change your servers at all, but if just one member out of almost 1000 on this forum agrees with me and signs that petition OR puts me into contact with another kbx server admin, that's also helpful

Yes I quoted myself. Look guys, you cant honestly say you represent the opinion of a thousand users here, Im sure the rest of the 935 weren't in ewR and what not, so let people notice this thread still. Closing it would just be ignorant. But hey, your forum and Im outta here if thats how things are. "community sux, b a counterExampl"

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 14:08    Post subject:  

whatever wrote:
Oh, pubstar. How degrading. (Yawn).

I might just go and crash a few servers...Well, maybe wait till you're playing, just for the lulz.

PS. Take the stunstick out of your ass.

I smell a troll

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 19:09    Post subject:  

Update:
To summarise:

Could you change some settings?
No thanks

Ah go on
No

But...
Yeah but...

Horses

Summary

You suck
Yeah right

You do
Yeah whatever
Whatever you mofo
Who you mofo my mofo you mofo mofo

Guys - 400g, proportional representation and UN human rights

That's it so far.

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 21:35    Post subject:  

Ok I tryed it and this is my opinion.

Pro: Yes movment is faster
Con: Very hard to shoot people, ground and air

But thanks for suggestion

[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 21:37    Post subject:  

More horses Very Happy

Page 1 of 3 [65 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Suggestions
Jump to: