TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1337_Byte
April 18 1993 (31 year old)
bullock007
April 21 1970 (54 year old)
DogSoldier
April 19 1974 (50 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Mon 15 Apr 2024 Tue 16 Apr 2024 Wed 17 Apr 2024 Thu 18 Apr 2024 Fri 19 Apr 2024 Sat 20 Apr 2024 Sun 21 Apr 2024

Birthday 1337_Byte  
Birthday DogSoldier  

Birthday bullock007  
The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 05:25
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Fun Stuff
Game of the year?
Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts]  

Game of the year?
Borderlands
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Batman Arkham Asylum
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Dragon Age
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 03:03    Post subject:  Game of the year?  

OK so there is a couple of debates im in right now with my friends.
And i start to get interested about what other people think.

So the nomenies for the "Game of the Year" are -

Borderlands
Call Of duty: Modern Warfare 2

In my oppinion it is abviously Borderlands!
The New look to a FPS added the mix of 2D with 3D artwork on textures and the characters.
Secondly the mix of an RPG with a FPS that is finaly balanced! And doesnt make it boring after 10 lvls.
And last but not the least there is a low rate of finding an awesome gun in one same place out of the same enemy. Even developers are still counting the gun quantity in the game! Last time i've checked it was arround 18.8 Million ( i think ) different kinds of GUNS created by the new technology , a tool combining gunparts by a set of rules set by the developers O_o thats pretty effing amazing. And t he skilltree can be edited and done more than once so when you go to kill a boss creature with your friends you have one set of skills , next time , when you are alone , another one!

And some can try to point out that im shoving COD:MW2 off , just ,because , I did not play it enough to see the true "Legendary" game that Infantry Ward made. But it is not much better than COD4:MW . It's jsut a new campaign with new characters , more guns and more stabile engine than cod4 ( cod4 had some glitches at first , jet it was a game of GOLD , that s why i bought the license). I've played Single player and MP and it did not Impress me Neutral
First off , IW disables the dedicated server hostings for the online experiance! What the F***?!?!? People haveto create lobbys to be able to play , with up to 9x9 players on the server! ok.. you haveto get a pretty solid pc to play with 17 more people and not lag or atleast stutter all the time. When consoles have 16x16 ( if im not mistaken) mp rooms and more game interactions than the PC users ok , F U IW , not buying it

So that's my point of view, whats yours? Smile

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 03:25    Post subject:  

Needs more choices
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 03:57    Post subject:  

Ghost Dog_TSGK wrote:
Needs more choices
add something via post, That is what i personaly can add to a list , the year was Empty , L4D was good but not nierly good enough
Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39    Post subject:  

Ghost Dog_TSGK wrote:
Needs more choices

Agreed.

Left 4 Dead 2? Forza 3? Uncharted 2? Dragon Age?

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 13:22    Post subject:  

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 14:41    Post subject:  

codmw2 has a great single player like all cod single players, but unfortunately its a bit short. canīt wait for codmw3 single player. no comment on the multiplayer. didnīt play borderlands.

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 17:33    Post subject:  

bad nominations out of all the games released in the year you choose those two... between those two mw2 wins hands down. borderlands is nice but not as addictive and well made as mw2.

as ghost said more choices dude.

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 17:33    Post subject:  

stupid safari always double posts for some weird reason.

title of this thread should be game of the month Razz and not game of the year.

Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 18:14    Post subject:  

And where is Plants Vs Zombies - that game rocks! Very Happy

And don't forget we had Batman Arkham Asylum, Killzone 2, GTA Chinatown Wars, Street Fighter IV, Dawn of War II, Resi 5, Halo 3 ODST, Flower, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Shadow Complex, Demon Souls?

Actually 09's not been too bad has it Laughing

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 19:30    Post subject:  

Wonderbanana wrote:

And don't forget we had Batman Arkham Asylum, Killzone 2, GTA Chinatown Wars, Street Fighter IV, Dawn of War II, Resi 5, Halo 3 ODST, Flower, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Shadow Complex, Demon Souls?

If im not mistaken part of the games you mentioned is on consoles. And i mean PC based games. Dow2 is purest of shits i've seen this year. It is indeed addictive and fun for a day , but than it's nothing new Neutral I played DOW with friends alot via lan and we had a blast , played DOW2 and i didnt even stop to think and deleted the game :\ Resident Evil 5 is not that great eather. Red Faction: Guerrilla is pretty addictive , yet it's a clone therefore it cant be a game of the year , if it's made very linear altho i confess that i play it from time to time , just cuz i want to pass it Laughing Gta must not be named in a GOY nomination anywho ,in my oppinion due to the fact it's GTA and it's dead since...erm..GTA 3 , after that it's same Crap with a different A-hole with a gun and alot of problems in the past O_O
Im Told Batman Is Really good , i did not play it , but i think it is really worth of GOY nomination , people say really good things about the game.
Shadow complex , Demon Souls , kinda evaded me tbh xD So i didnt see or hear them or anything about them.
Is Streetfighter for Xbox and PS3 or PC aswell?
Actualy there was more Console ports to a pc than the opposite , like it was most of the times Sad IT is sad that PC gaming slowly dies Crying or Very sad It always had it's special beauty. Shooters are still the PC games but most of them made for consolesnow Sad therefore i had only 2 games up to nomination. I will Add batman tho.

And shimmy if you will say that the Game of the year is another Sonic game for an Xbox , i will personaly stab you in the rectum with a broken glass bottle Laughing

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 19:34    Post subject:  

Cant add anything T_T will ask Osi for support on this.
WIll be added :
• Batman Arkham Asylum
• Dragon Age

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 20:13    Post subject:  

Voted borderlands purely on the basis that this is a PC forum, and COD:MW2 version has stuck too giant sausage fingers up to modding and dedicated severs.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 03:41    Post subject:  

Sonic games have sucked balls since the stuff released after the dreamcast version Sad 2009 is a very good year for gaming overall Very Happy we were gifted with alot of good stuffs Very Happy

Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:43    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
Wonderbanana wrote:

If im not mistaken part of the games you mentioned is on consoles. And i mean PC based games. Dow2 is purest of shits i've seen this year. It is indeed addictive and fun for a day , but than it's nothing new Neutral I played DOW with friends alot via lan and we had a blast , played DOW2 and i didnt even stop to think and deleted the game :\ Resident Evil 5 is not that great eather. Red Faction: Guerrilla is pretty addictive , yet it's a clone therefore it cant be a game of the year , if it's made very linear altho i confess that i play it from time to time , just cuz i want to pass it Laughing Gta must not be named in a GOY nomination anywho ,in my oppinion due to the fact it's GTA and it's dead since...erm..GTA 3 , after that it's same Crap with a different A-hole with a gun and alot of problems in the past O_O
Im Told Batman Is Really good , i did not play it , but i think it is really worth of GOY nomination , people say really good things about the game.
Shadow complex , Demon Souls , kinda evaded me tbh xD So i didnt see or hear them or anything about them.
Actualy there was more Console ports to a pc than the opposite , like it was most of the times Sad IT is sad that PC gaming slowly dies Crying or Very sad It always had it's special beauty. Shooters are still the PC games but most of them made for consolesnow Sad therefore i had only 2 games up to nomination. I will Add batman tho.

And shimmy if you will say that the Game of the year is another Sonic game for an Xbox , i will personaly stab you in the rectum with a broken glass bottle Laughing

To be fair you never said it was only for PC's Razz

And CODMW2 isn't anything new either. Confused

And whats the point in this vote if your only adding the games based on your own opinions? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Illyria_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 15:51    Post subject:  

Wonderbanana wrote:
Freelancer wrote:
Wonderbanana wrote:

To be fair you never said it was only for PC's Razz

And CODMW2 isn't anything new either. Confused

And whats the point in this vote if your only adding the games based on your own opinions? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, the thread/vote shouldn't be called "Game of the Year?" but "Which game do you think was better?". That would be more fitting in this case.
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 15:36    Post subject:  

Quote:

Actualy i intended the game list for normal games , not clon-like games such as GTA Smile
If Diablo 3 will come out THIS year as will (hopefully) Starcraft 2 , They would be added 100% , considering the games as LEGENDS and respectable developers made the games so ...yea.
GTA died as i said like at gta 3 xD but Diablo 2 was one of the MOST PLAYED games in it's day.
I just wanted a list of the games that nearly every person on the forum would be familiar with Idea

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 15:54    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
Quote:

Actualy i intended the game list for normal games , not clon-like games such as GTA Smile
If Diablo 3 will come out THIS year as will (hopefully) Starcraft 2 , They would be added 100% , considering the games as LEGENDS and respectable developers made the games so ...yea.
GTA died as i said like at gta 3 xD but Diablo 2 was one of the MOST PLAYED games in it's day.
I just wanted a list of the games that nearly every person on the forum would be familiar with Idea

GTA4 is not a clone,everything about it is different, it's really a marvel of video game programing,story telling and such a beautiful game engine. At first i thought it was a clone,but when i played it, it takes one big massive shit on gtaiii. it's so big it completely wipes it off this entire planet. Play GTA4 before you pass your judgement. Very Happy I assure you,it will be a very pleasing experience.

Illyria_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 16:11    Post subject:  

Diablo III out this year? You must be dreaming..
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 15:55    Post subject:  

Illyria_TSGK wrote:
Dependin on the unknown release date , i may say i am dreaming BUT i really want to get my hands on that game as soon as possible! I bet that Blizzard will do one hell of a game out of this one as they did with all the diablo Games. THere is more artwork in the games than money involved . So the developers dont need money because of WOW i guess XD I heard thay get millions per month so i dont see a problem with money in the project funding.
Illyria_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 16:25    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
Illyria_TSGK wrote:
Dependin on the unknown release date , i may say i am dreaming BUT i really want to get my hands on that game as soon as possible! I bet that Blizzard will do one hell of a game out of this one as they did with all the diablo Games. THere is more artwork in the games than money involved . So the developers dont need money because of WOW i guess XD I heard thay get millions per month so i dont see a problem with money in the project funding.

Yeah I am really looking forward, I nerded Diablo a bit back in the day..and Diablo II I nerded a lot xD AFter i posted here I actually dreamed Diablo III was released and am like SHIT HE KNEW! looooooooool

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Diablo <3
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 14:49    Post subject:  

I think uncharted 2 for game of the year.
It's so epic with lots of action and great story telling. Smile
The graphics are crazy good. (25GB game data)

http://gtamike.tsgk.com/uncharted_2_ingame.jpg <-----

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 17:10    Post subject:  

gtamike_TSGK wrote:

UC2 is great for sure Very Happy How did you do the screenie dude?

Currently playing Uncharted 2 on Crushing (level 18 I think I'm at) Cool

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 17:45    Post subject:  

Wonderbanana wrote:
gtamike_TSGK wrote:

UC2 is great for sure Very Happy How did you do the screenie dude?

Currently playing Uncharted 2 on Crushing (level 18 I think I'm at) Cool

I searched the web and found the image. Wink
Crushing, that sounds hard XD Laughing

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
65 Impala SS

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 22:24    Post subject:  

Far Cry.
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 15:31    Post subject:  

65 Impala SS wrote:
Far Cry.
Far Cry 2? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *Falls laughing*
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 17:25    Post subject:  

Far Cry was epic! Far Cry 2 was epic FAIL!

arjen

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 20:33    Post subject:  

Machinarium. I'm serious.
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 21:48    Post subject:  

gtamike_TSGK wrote:

This isn't a PC game so has no place here

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 02:48    Post subject:  

The Borg_TSGK wrote:
gtamike_TSGK wrote:

This isn't a PC game so has no place here

You got me there borg hehe XD Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcioljOY9Ao&feature=player_embedded#at=175
rigogov364

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 21:33    Post subject:  

Since we talked about games I will recommend you a platform where you can not only enjoy the excitement, but also earn money, the online casino platform https://download1win.com/ is perfect for you. Here you will find a huge selection of gambling games, ranging from classic slots to card games with live dealers. And the opportunity to bet on sports will allow you not only to relax, but also to make money on your favorite teams. I myself have been spending time on this platform for several months now and every time I get a lot of positive emotions and winnings.
Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » Fun Stuff
Jump to: