TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freelancer
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Juize_TSGK
April 27 1989 (35 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Spitfire
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Mon 22 Apr 2024 Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024 Thu 25 Apr 2024 Fri 26 Apr 2024 Sat 27 Apr 2024 Sun 28 Apr 2024

Birthday TeamScorpion  

Birthday Freelancer  
Birthday Juize_TSGK  
Birthday Spitfire  

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 16:11
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Maps
dm_[tsf]_killbox_v1 launch sunday 6/01/2008
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 16:17    Post subject:  dm_[tsf]_killbox_v1 launch sunday 6/01/2008  

Hi there again to all my friends here.
As some of you know I have been working on a killbox baised on the tsgk v8 version of bs_killbox_final.
This map has been ready since before Christmas and i have decided that now xmas and new year are out of the way it is time to get it out on the servers.
As per last map reliece We at TSF did this map will be going on TSF server1 tomorow night ip.= 217.163.27.50:27015. map should be on the server from around 6.30 to 7. pm UK time

Final pictures are here..
http://www.rtype.com/TSF-Clan/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=336
Along with a description of the map.
Hope to see some of you there and hope you all enjoy the map. should be up and running from around 6.30 to 7 pm UK time.

There will be a download link in the maps section here in the next few days... http://www.rtype.com/TSF-Clan/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=14

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 16:30    Post subject:  

NIce Peace of work Smile
But some stuff needs Tweaking Wink I have some points that you may find interesting, ill pm you later,no time for it now @___@

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 17:26    Post subject: Re: dm_[tsf]_killbox_v1 launch sunday 6/01/2008  

LORD DAVROS wrote:
As some of you know I have been working on a killbox baised on the tsgk v8 version of bs_killbox_final.

Nice, i wasn't aware of that.
For a correction, dm_killbox_tsgk_v8 isn't a version of dm_bs_killbox_final at all.

The original map has been made by Furianer for BloodSucker and for TSGK, long long long time ago (dm_killbox_tsgk), the only difference between the BS and the TSGK version was the texture, one was white the other one was more like dm_killbox_final textures (some old players will remember that map).

We did upgraded both versions in same time until the version v5, where TSGK decided to get rid of the RPG, added/removed weapons and physics which has become dm_killbox_tsgk_v6 and has been the final version of the old one, also BS changed their textures too, at this stage the BS and the TSGK versions were the same execpt minor changes.

V8 is a complete orignal map, a complete reworking version of the old dm_killbox_tsgk made by Furianer for TSGK, SuperHebbe has been the refresher of this V8 following the wish of TSGK (new textures, rounded corners, lights improvement and more tweaks).
As we do care for the work done in the name of TSGK, we have still keep the decal "map by [BS] Furianer for TSGK" from the old dm_killbox_tsgk version even if [BS] Furianer wasn't involved for the V8 version and it will still there even if further versions will be released.

dm_killbox_tsgk_v8 is a TSGK map, and shouldn't be considered as a copie of another map.
Any official TSGK maps have been especialy made for and/or by TSGK.

Just to be sure there will be no confusion here, we did already get accused to have stole dm_council_tsgk and dm_donutbox_tsgk and simply added _tsgk after it, we wouldn't like it to happend with dm_killbox_tsgk_v8 which is already running on some others clans servers who removed the _tsgk from the map name thinking we did add it for fun (spreading the map with cubemap errors also since the original name has been modified).
Thanks.

[el] Gringo

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 18:45    Post subject: Re: dm_[tsf]_killbox_v1 launch sunday 6/01/2008  

Osiris_TSGK wrote:

dm_killbox_tsgk_v8 is a TSGK map, and shouldn't be considered as a copie of another map.

For real?
In my heart and my mind it is and will ever be the Bloodsuckers map.
Sure you brought your inspiration in the map but the developer is and will ever be the Furianer dude.
The first map which brought real killboxing fun 2 me.
I also did an [el] version of the map.
But I didn't touch the BS decals and also the BS tag stayed in the mapname...
AND I didn't decompile the map.
http://electro1337.de/hl2mp/maps/dm_killbox_bs_el.bsp.bz2

I feel really sad now Shocked

Last edited by [el] Gringo on Sat Jan 05, 2008 18:57; edited 1 time in total
ICQ Number 
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 18:53    Post subject:  

Sorry for the confusion Osiris I had been lead to believe that TSGK v8 was a slightly modded version of bs killbox final. In that case my map is baised on the BS map and not v8 and I will alter my posts to corect the mistake.
But to follow on my intention was to create a map that has the same fast game play as v8 But not just be called another copie of a great map.
To be honist the similarity to v8 is only the room in the middle and the 2 floating blocks .
But even those are different as the room is not square and has 3 entrances not 4. Even the floating blocks are in different positions from v8 a few of the weapons plasements are in similar locations but not the same. All the walkways are also moved and turned around.
two of the rounded corners have rooms, lifts and secret sliding doors built into them. the other 2 are similar to v8. above the rounded corners the whole map is rounded to the ceiling which v8 does not have.

So realy I am sorry about my choice of words in my post it should of read A V8 INSPIRED MAP not v8 baised map.Also sorry for saying that v8 was copied from another map.

Finaly I know ther is no posibility of council being copies or donut.

[B§] Furianer

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 19:00    Post subject:  

to bring some light in the dark... gringo from el, osiris and lord davros got the source from me of killbox bs final. Like Osiris said, i did with his influence together this box from v1 till v6, later BS and tsgk versions goin its own way.
That gringo did a el version is also ok, he asked.
Also lord davros asked me for source and i gave him. He wanted to know the size of the room inside. But my source i have contains only the box without round corners, so its a tsgk like map and i cant say this map from tsf is now a real copy of mine, but more of the tsgk version. And if osiris isnt well with that, you should find both a way to get it right. Maybe make some changes (round corners out) or let the tsgk tag inside the map name. you will find some.... in the end its also a modified map like the el version, but should be a little bit more different to tsgk v8 maybe.
peace should be with u guys ^^
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 20:27    Post subject: Re: dm_[tsf]_killbox_v1 launch sunday 6/01/2008  

LORD DAVROS wrote:
Sorry for the confusion Osiris I had been lead to believe that TSGK v8 was a slightly modded version of bs killbox final. In that case my map is baised on the BS map and not v8 and I will alter my posts to corect the mistake.
But to follow on my intention was to create a map that has the same fast game play as v8 But not just be called another copie of a great map.
To be honist the similarity to v8 is only the room in the middle and the 2 floating blocks .
But even those are different as the room is not square and has 3 entrances not 4. Even the floating blocks are in different positions from v8 a few of the weapons plasements are in similar locations but not the same. All the walkways are also moved and turned around.
two of the rounded corners have rooms, lifts and secret sliding doors built into them. the other 2 are similar to v8. above the rounded corners the whole map is rounded to the ceiling which v8 does not have.

So realy I am sorry about my choice of words in my post it should of read A V8 INSPIRED MAP not v8 baised map.Also sorry for saying that v8 was copied from another map.

Finaly I know ther is no posibility of council being copies or donut.

We are all fine with that, we just don't want any kind of confusion, perfect exemple is the post from [EL] Gringo, which doesn't know at all the history of this map and that's ok since Furianer and myself are probably the only ones aware of it, but it doesn't hurt to check information before posting.
I have recieve enough insults from anonymous people who do think we are stealing maps from the others and just add our tag at the end of it for the fun, that is the only matter about the confusion.

[el] Gringo wrote:
Osiris_TSGK wrote:

For real?
In my heart and my mind it is and will ever be the Bloodsuckers map.
Sure you brought your inspiration in the map but the developer is and will ever be the Furianer dude.
The first map which brought real killboxing fun 2 me.
I also did an [el] version of the map.
But I didn't touch the BS decals and also the BS tag stayed in the mapname...
AND I didn't decompile the map.
http://electro1337.de/hl2mp/maps/dm_killbox_bs_el.bsp.bz2

I feel really sad now Shocked

Please, get your information correctly before posting, it start with a little knowledge of history.

First read that thread:
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=20
And post any missing credit if needed, as i know there is not and there will never for any of our maps.

And fully read that one:
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?p=35390#35390
Instead just looking at the end if you plan to reply to it.

This map has never been decompiled, their decals have been here since the begining, none added, none removed, even kindly done by Furianer itself for TSGK, including "Map made by Furianer for TSGK" which has been here since the begining (probably the first release was in February 2006) and do remain for the V8, and will still remain in further versions.

[B§] Furianer wrote:
Like Osiris said, i did with his influence together this box from v1 till v6, later BS and tsgk versions goin its own way.

Thanks to our very old friend Furianer to enlight those who have no knowledge about dm_killbox_tsgk map history and who do confuse all the other about it.
---- End of this discussion ----

Now back on the topic, as Furianer said, it is more like the V8 than the BS_final at multiple points, so i was a bit surprised when someone told me you were working a on map inspired by V8 (infact it was just 2 days ago), a simple PM to let me know would have been more than enough.

All we request, is that there is no confusion about the root of this map, then we will not receive another insult for having copying your dm_[tsf]_killbox_v1 and made it dm_killbox_tsgk_v8 (yes, some people would beleive that), lack of history (plus this reputation of maps stealer that we got from the incult).

At the end it is a nice work, players will probably enjoy it.

[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 03:58    Post subject:  

Thanks for that osiris hopfully we all know the right story now Very Happy .

MY self furainer and some other well known players gave my map a test tonight to see how it ran b4 the final launch tomorow and to make sure all the custome textures are working Laughing Laughing . And it is looking like it will play nothing like v8 but will still have a fast game play with lots of kills, which is what i was looking for any way. So hopfully it will get a name in its own right and not as a copie as it now seems less and less like v8 the more I play it.

You are welcome to down load it from the link in my first post in a day or so once it is set up or to come and play it on the tsf servers any time.

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » Maps
Jump to: