TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024 Wed 03 Apr 2024

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
SERVERS
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 21:54    Post subject:  SERVERS
Subject description: TSGK servers not in main list

HI all sorry I havent been around mush latley Embarassed but thwe clan running is taking up more n more of my time ..

I dont know if you OSIRIS or any one else has this problemb or can answer it but I for some time have noticed that my own clan server is not visable to me in the main server list .I have now got a brand new pc and a completely fresh install af vista ultimate and steam pluss dm of course Laughing and find that I still cant see my clan server in the main list BUT also now a lot of the tsgk servers too.

The servers I cant see in tsgk are 3 4 7 9 16 17 19 23 THis is even ehen i put the server list in to alphabetical order. but if i add a server by ip to my favourites then i see it but only in my favs list.

PS haha osiris you will likes this .... after disaprooving of pentium processors I have now bought a
-Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 processor
-2 74GB Western Digital Raptor SATA 16MB raided
-4x 1 gig sticks of Corsair DDR2 800MHz 4-4-4-12 ram
-Asus P5W DH Deluxe i975X Socket 775 mother board
-2x ATI Radion 1950 pro 500mb graphics cards
-1 DVD drive /burner
-oz 600w power supply with blue 120mm led fan
-Aspire X-Plorer case
-200 gig storage drive.

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
Sadist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 22:44    Post subject:  

Well 16 I know has a new IP, as mentioned in another topic, but the rest I cant explain.
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 23:25    Post subject:  

I had to readd some tsgk servers Confused pain in the...
I remember after a steam update all my favorite servers was not on my favorite server list. Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 23:32    Post subject:  

I'm surprised it has before to you. Losing favourites happens to me all the time. It is after all Steam. Nice rig!

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 08:40    Post subject:  

NOOOOOOOO Its not my favourites that is the prob its the main list.

THey dont apear in the main dm server list in fact last night i only had about 200 servers in my dm list and thats with no filters at all .
Here look at this pic my server should be right between kc ans tsgk servers and lots of tsgk servers are missing

Last edited by [ TSF ] LORD DAVROS on Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:06; edited 1 time in total
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:34    Post subject:  

Oh.

[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:13    Post subject:  

I have now done some research and asked some players on my friends list and they have got similar probs but not neseceraly the same servers missing Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Rolling Eyes Confused

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 23:49    Post subject:  

good system but such a waste of money.
2gb ram is enough at the moment.
one geforce 8 series card would have been better.
at least all the programs are fully optimized for quadcore Razz
a dualcore with some overclocking would have been a lot cheaper.
with the money saved you could have invested in a good watercooler for the cpu and the gpu and later could use it to upgrade to the newest gpu and so on.

[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 09:15    Post subject:  

May be so lawitz but I didnt get a super computer just for playing half life. as sadist will tell you mapmaking needs a lot of resorces and I dont believe in overclocking as the cost of water cooling is high. and as my prevoous pc would run both cores at 100% whilst compiling a map for several hrs to do a full compile of a large map it would soon burn it out.
So not a waist of money in my opinion.PLUSS it is on 64 bit and there fore the system uses more ram to start of with .YOU should also remember lawitz that this pc has 4 cores running at 2.4GHz each where as my other pc had 2 cores running at2.2GHz so i have more that 4 times the calculating power than b4 I dont think you would overclock to any where near that power.

Its like a car engine which engine will go faster a 4 cylinder 2.0L engine with 150 horse power or a 3.0L v6 engine with the same horse power.

ANSWER the v6 bcoz it will have more low end grunt. ie more torque.

And I dont get the risk of water leaks blowing up my pc.And one other thing the mother board i got has an automatic overclocking facility built in so IF it needs it it will over clock the cpu for short perionds of time.So it is all designed to do everything with in normal perameters with out pushing it past what it is realy suposed to do

The requirements of my system were carefully considered b4 going out and buying it all by a profesional pc builder and as I am sure even you know that pc parts all have to be matched . You cant got bolting in a full race cam into your engine and not bother to get a new exhaust and carberation and filters and a gasflowed head to go with it . it just wont work properly.

OH and by the way lawits this Pc will do a quick compile of a map we are developing in 3 minutes where as my older ps which was no slow coach would take about 18 or 19 mins. so over all this pc is 7 or 8 times faster . BEET THAT... and if I had gone the way you sujest [ TSF ] SEC (used to be bendydick) would not have got a better pc for his birthday and it wouls still of been nowhere as good as this one.

SORRY ABOUT THE ABOVE BUT SLAGING OF MY NEW PC WORTH OVER 2000 pounds just pissed me off Sad Sad Sad

RUGHT now thats out of the way does any one know what to do about the problem I asked about in this topic. as im sure that if TSGK servers are missing for me and some of my friends there must be other players to and that means players that we wont get to play Sad Sad Sad Sad

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:28    Post subject:  

Quote:
does any one know what to do about the problem I asked about in this topic

Nope!

I got a new PC (not a lovely as yours but much better than my current dinosaur):
Viiv Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66Ghz, 1066Mhz)
Memory Dual-Channel 4096MB [4x1024] 667MHz DDR2
Hard Drive 640 GB (2x320GB) Serial ATA (7200 Rpm) Dual HDD Config. Raid 0 Stripe
20'' Wide Flat Panel
Graphics Card Single 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme
Windows Vista Home Premium

Still in it's box (I hope to install it some time this month Very Happy)

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 14:58    Post subject:  

I didn´t say its bad, just that you could have saved money. you know I´m still a student so when I buy the main pc components I buy the best that I need and don´t rush for the highest heights of numbers which are only slightly better but cost a lot more. this doesn´t mean I go for mainstream, I like to have good components too but without throwing out a bucket of money. I like to (waste) money on the case and the cooling though, but for me its very nice investments.

so here it is:
I bought a 6400 core 2 duo to overclock it to where it goes up to. (didn´t want to do it yet (lazy), but soon I will.)
it is said to go up to 3.6ghz without problems.
a quad core has its power, but almost no applications to use its cores on yet. even if it works with source sdk, is it really worth just for this?

the current gamers ram recommendation is 2gb so I bought 2gb ddr 800 and it never becomes full yet. since I use XP 32bit until vista becomes halfway useable (SP1 coming out) I can get a maximum of 3gb anyway.

as a graphics card I got a 8800gts 640mb which was a lot cheaper and almost as good as the gtx version. crossfire and sli are known to be useless (only about a 30% performance gain against a single card) unless one wants to use huge screens with very high resolutions.

as a mainboard there is not much to say, I bough an asus too but the p5b deluxe which is said to be better for overclocking.

as hdds I have 2x250gb, 1x400gb, 1x160gb, 1x80gb. 1.14TB total, I need space.

as a case I build myself a custom case called WaTeRpLeX for about 500€.

as a watercooler I got a tripple radiator set with coolers for the cpu, gpu, northbridge and mosfet for about 500€ but it is about 400€ now. even if you don´t overclock, the noise reduction especially on the gpu (no hairdryer anymore!) is worth it and you carry on most of the coolers to the next systems too so you buy the base only once and on new systems buy 1 or 2 new coolers (gpu and mosfet). the chances of water leaks are in the past, todays systems are very reliable for example german parts are very high quality. leaks still happen but its usually the users fault. but I read of people who had leaks while their pc was running (their fault not the components) and their systems ran fine after letting the components dry.

you can continue like the way you buy things now and you will be happy, just forget all the text above Wink

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 17:25    Post subject:  

LORD DAVROS wrote:
May be so lawitz but I didnt get a super computer just for playing half life. as sadist will tell you mapmaking needs a lot of resorces and I dont believe in overclocking as the cost of water cooling is high. and as my prevoous pc would run both cores at 100% whilst compiling a map for several hrs to do a full compile of a large map it would soon burn it out.
So not a waist of money in my opinion.PLUSS it is on 64 bit and there fore the system uses more ram to start of with .YOU should also remember lawitz that this pc has 4 cores running at 2.4GHz each where as my other pc had 2 cores running at2.2GHz so i have more that 4 times the calculating power than b4 I dont think you would overclock to any where near that power.

Its like a car engine which engine will go faster a 4 cylinder 2.0L engine with 150 horse power or a 3.0L v6 engine with the same horse power.

ANSWER the v6 bcoz it will have more low end grunt. ie more torque.

And I dont get the risk of water leaks blowing up my pc.And one other thing the mother board i got has an automatic overclocking facility built in so IF it needs it it will over clock the cpu for short perionds of time.So it is all designed to do everything with in normal perameters with out pushing it past what it is realy suposed to do

The requirements of my system were carefully considered b4 going out and buying it all by a profesional pc builder and as I am sure even you know that pc parts all have to be matched . You cant got bolting in a full race cam into your engine and not bother to get a new exhaust and carberation and filters and a gasflowed head to go with it . it just wont work properly.

OH and by the way lawits this Pc will do a quick compile of a map we are developing in 3 minutes where as my older ps which was no slow coach would take about 18 or 19 mins. so over all this pc is 7 or 8 times faster . BEET THAT... and if I had gone the way you sujest [ TSF ] SEC (used to be bendydick) would not have got a better pc for his birthday and it wouls still of been nowhere as good as this one.

SORRY ABOUT THE ABOVE BUT SLAGING OF MY NEW PC WORTH OVER 2000 pounds just pissed me off Sad Sad Sad

RUGHT now thats out of the way does any one know what to do about the problem I asked about in this topic. as im sure that if TSGK servers are missing for me and some of my friends there must be other players to and that means players that we wont get to play Sad Sad Sad Sad

The one i bought in 2005 and which will be given to me next year costed 7000€
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 17:43    Post subject:  

its 4 times better than yours Very Happy
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 18:38    Post subject:  

high quality spam served by ultra low graphics breen Razz
you will have like 1000fps with your settings on that pc Laughing

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 18:41    Post subject:  

Completly out of topic now.
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
Jump to: