TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eXs|DanielAndres
April 29 1978 (46 year old)
Freelancer
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Hahahahahaha
April 29 1971 (53 year old)
Juize_TSGK
April 27 1989 (35 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Spitfire
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024 Thu 25 Apr 2024 Fri 26 Apr 2024 Sat 27 Apr 2024 Sun 28 Apr 2024 Mon 29 Apr 2024

Birthday TeamScorpion  

Birthday Freelancer  
Birthday Juize_TSGK  
Birthday Spitfire  

Birthday eXs|DanielAndres  
Birthday Hahahahahaha  
The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 03:20
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Clan » Joining TSGK
well, here i am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts]  
euph

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 00:19    Post subject:  well, here i am  

Hi there,

Interested in joining, im still a bit of a noob but I like to play. I play usually on the killbox server and especially enjoy killing rublis because I normally get owned by him Razz

TSGK servers attract me because I like the HLSTATS thing and there are some great players on here.

I probably have too high a ktd ratio to join at the moment but hey, i thought i'd give it a shot anyway.

I've never been a member of any FPS clan before (except perhaps a half-member of gits on the original hldm).

So yeah, thats it, have a look see what you think, hope you guys give me a shot Smile

-euph

Last edited by euph on Mon Jun 18, 2007 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 00:50    Post subject:  

Hi and welcome.

We don't know anything about you so meet us halfway by reading this and posting your details as set out:

http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=28

It's not a requirement, but a sense of humour helps so posting a good joke would be nice, but off topic.

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 07:28    Post subject:  

Hi,

Welcome and thanks for your joining request.

There is your weekly activity at TSGK Servers:
http://hl2mp.tsgk.com/index.php?mode=playerinfo&player=455639

Here are our basic requirements:
http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=28

Then you haven't reach the rank of Private (3716 kills needed).
Your KpD of 0.62 is too low, 1.3 is required at least.
6% of SMG is a lot, the maximum should be 2%.
Your weekly activity is almost a half under the requirement of 800 kills with only 482 kills done the last 7 days.
Thanks.

euph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 01:28    Post subject:  

Thanks Osiris, I see that im not quite good enough yet.. note the yet Razz

Let me tell you a little about myself though,

In real life I work in 6 different businesses,

1) I run a pub.. working 80+ hours a week kinda takes away my online time
2) I hold an "Ultraseal" franchise
3) I'm general manager of an outside bar company (this kinda coincides with the pub)
4) I work for a contract catering company, (again, coinciding nicely with the pub).
5) I part time in a cafe.. owned by the same people as the pub, i have a managerial role here unofficially.
and 6) I runa cleaning solutions company, including staffing solutions, hygiene training, hygiene solutions, cigarette bin installation and monitoring and also basic cleaning of corporate institutions.

So, thats work.

In my spare time of around 4 hours a week (lol) I enjoy playing on games. Look me up on Runescape http://www.runescape.com username euph. I'm a player moderator and was a forum moderator as well, but i handed that in because I didn't have the time to commit.. I can re-obtain my f-mod status at any time I choose. I'm also runescape clan leader of clan HaVoK.( Ask the DI members about aaron lewis and hiskilling team Razz )

As well as that I'm a forum admin on a phpbb forum with a huge memberlist .. www.runevillage.com again, username euph. I had to give this up because I simply don't have the time to do it any more but at one time i singlehandedly moderated and adminned the entire forum and chat for 3 months.

Work it out.

I'll work on my ktd ratio and my smg kill percentage but I absolutely cannot commit any more hours to the game. If you guys want me then you want me, if you don't then you don't. It'd be nice to join but hey, your the bosses it's your call.

And, diet, especially for you:

One day, a vampire bat returned home to his roost. His face was covered in blood. All the other bats were amazed, "wow" they cried "where did you get all that elicious looking blood?!?!" .. "well" said the bat, "follow me I will show you". So all the little bats took flight, they followed the bat all the way through the forests, over the mountains, they glided past the lake and finally they happened upon a giant pine tree. "See that tree over there?" asked the main bat. "yes!" they all replied, eagerly anticipating all of the fresh blood. "Well I didn't" Said the main bat.

Last edited by euph on Mon Jun 18, 2007 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 02:28    Post subject:  

Laughing Laughing

Perfect - corny as hell. I love it!

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 02:50    Post subject:  

Welcome euph Very Happy
good to see you
and very impressive credential (offline and online)
I hope you get in
Good Luck and Hope to bump into you online Very Happy

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 05:13    Post subject:  

So, we will get ride of the weekly activity requirement then.
Improve your KpD, down the SMG usage and reach Private rank, that's all you will need to be eligible for a tryout.
Good luck.

euph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 16:21    Post subject:  

cheers me dears Very Happy

I'll do my best and stop using that smg. More sticks i thinks Smile

[edit] And I fixed my sig, I don't feel at home on PHPBB without Trev, my sig dragon. I've got a groovy hallowe'en version of him as well, keep an eye out late October for that one Razz

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:42    Post subject:  

Have fun and good luck!

Less smg got you lookin for a weapon???

Shotgun,magnum and 9mm work well in it's stead!
euph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 01:13    Post subject:  

Yeah, I am kinda stuck for weaponry.

One question I would like answered is if the SMG grenade launcher thingy counts as SMG usage. If so I'll stop using that as well.

I like the magnum, it can be a very good weapon at mid - long range in my opinion. I have used it a lot and i think its time to move on now.

The grav gun is.. well the grav gun I guess... It's fun, I'm starting to master it a little, especially with catching objects and re-launching them. My only wish is to master this grenade-cooking or grav-nading technique. I try my best but my nades either blow up too soon, too late or whilst I'm holding them and then I score a suicide!

The crossbow I like, a lot, I've always liked it, right since the original half life DM. BUT! I always seem to miss unless my target is stationary. I can't judge the timing at all and whatever I try I just miss by inches each shot.. and then, whilst I'm reloading I see a field of bodies aching for a bolt and click as I may, it doesn't reload fast enough!

The 9mm is fun, I always like to use it, but it's so feeble and the aim is poor, again, a backup sidearm I'm sure, but not for me.

What else have we got? The stunstick/crowbar. Funky. Traditional, old school and always great. But, I'm not quite sure how to use it. Sometimes I get a kill, sometimes I don't. Perhaps it's the luck of the draw, or perhaps I'm missing a fundamental point about it.

Which leaves us with the overwatch machine gun thing.. which I like but it feels too much like the SMG so I try not to use it. I love it's ball thing but really, any clown can launch that and get lucky. Doesn't really make me feel proud.. capiche?

And finally the shotgun. My favourite in the original HLDM, one of my least favourites in HL2DM. I find it slow, inaccurate, and unpredictable. Sometimes a right click will kill anything, othertimes it will merely glance off them as they stun-stick me to death. ARGH.

I guess the key is practise and experience. I've only owned the game a month or so, so I do have a lot of catching up to do. Grav-nading and stun-stick mastery would make me most pleased though.

And there we go. I just wrote a thesis on HL2DM weapons (without mentioning the SLAM) and I don't even know what the point of my thesis was! Was it to angle for some tips, tricks and techniques? Was it just to explain my inferiority? Who knows?! You decide.

BTW, tips and tricks would be good. K? Razz

MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 01:50    Post subject:  

smg nades are a O K.

also yeah the crossbow timing takes months of practice.

Last edited by MeekMeekle on Wed Jun 20, 2007 01:54; edited 1 time in total
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 01:52    Post subject:  

Well - most of what you ask and more is in the tips and tricks section so you're best looking otherwise your application thread will go way off topic. Very Happy

The stick is an artform that I haven't mastered. Shimmy tried to explain it to me using sounds like tock tock tock, and waving his hand in the air, but I'm still at a loss.

MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 01:53    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:
Shimmy tried to explain it to me using sounds like tock tock tock, and waving his hand in the air, but I'm still at a loss.

hahahahahhahaa

Laugh OUT LOUD!
euph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 00:23    Post subject:  

Hey babes,

just a progress report. I'm nowhere near good enough just yet.. this is fine Razz I will keep trying Smile

I've stopped SMG usage completely (well i think i got 1 kill cos i ran out of all my ammo) and I have been playing different servers, sadly this means i accidentally used the rpg a few times.. bad bad euphy Crying or Very sad

My grav nading is slightly improving (its a kinda 1:5 ratio with my suicide rate but what the hey). xbow usage is up, stick usage is up, pistol usage is for sure up.

I got my first god-like as well Smile Amd the one after that, whichever it is haha. (I was a little drunk).

Life is hard, work is hard and I have a massive problem with my feet (plantar facitis) or something (google "heel pain" and you'll find it). But I'm still here, still training and learning and soon I'll be TSGK.

Night night babes, sweet dreams.

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 20:06    Post subject:  

crossbow is easy to use O.o

why does everyone say its hard
MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 20:43    Post subject:  

easy to hit non moving targets..

hard to master hitting people strafe jumping in weird directions.
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 21:51    Post subject:  

Quote:
plantar facitis)

Wow - I had that! Seriously - something more like planta fascia or something. Took a lot of physio to work it out. Good luck (hurts bad first thing out of bed?)

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:37    Post subject:  

MeekMeekle wrote:
easy to hit non moving targets..

hard to master hitting people strafe jumping in weird directions.

yes.. i do that all the time

bouncing, even
underscore_n0rm

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 23:27    Post subject:    

HI!

my tip for nade cooking is simple. Listen to the grenade, count in your head, and line up the shot.

As far at the crossbow goes, know the speed at which the bolt travels, watch the player's movement patterns, and shoot where they are going to be.

This game involves all sorts of complex physics observations, which come with practice. I recommend exploring the exploits, such as strafe jumping, nade cooking, double jumping, giving the darkmatter and extra kick with the gravgun. Talk to other players; learn all you can.

_n0rm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:02    Post subject:  

You dont really need to predict all that, the brain by impulse does that crap

I many times was playing and for about a couple of minutes i didn't notice i was playing, like my brain taken over my body
euph

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 02:40    Post subject:  

that's the one diet h2o.

Only i've had it for almost 4 months now and each day it is slightly worse. I've gone down a few times first thing in the morning and last thing at night, just a knee jerk reaction as my legs give way due to the pain i think.

It hurts 24/7, sitting, lying, standing, walking whatever I do. Unbelievable pain. I bought some crocs (www.rubbersole.co.uk) sorry for the link if its against the rules please remove it. but they haven't really helped. I've tried diclofenac and ibuprofen, but no, nothing helps. Judging by what i've learned from the internet and various sources, it does look like surgery is the only option. Surgery = a 3 month recovery per foot.. so 6 months of hl2dm and runescape. Winner.

Back to hl2dm.. My gravnading is up, i'm much better at that now. Swicking slightly up I think.. i need to work on my weapon switching. I've been on the domebox/killbox server and it's really smashed my score, but in the same its broadened my ingame ability. My kpd is probably down a bit but my ability keeps on going up.

I mean it guys, one day you'll accept me Razz Until then, good night, sweet dreams.

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:31    Post subject:  

Well Euph - surgery is normally a last resort as it's very complicated due the muscle tissue in the foot (and can sometimes cause as much harm as good). Generally before that they would try a steroid injection - again, not always effective.

I found that intensive physio and specific exercises more or less got rid of it. The physio involved deep massage and stretching exercises (over months) and a regime of exercises at home which includes building up muscle in the calves.

Before you get out of bed, massage the foot for 5 mins (probably feels like massaging bubble wrap at the affected area). This will help you to walk. Wear good shoes/trainers that support the arch.

Good luck with it. Very Happy

euph

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 02:57    Post subject:  

cheers babes.

the best one so far is whee i put a lenght of 2x4 under each foot asrch as I stand. My entire bar is now surrounded by lenghts of wood just for me to rest my feet on. It does stretch the tendons and tissues but not enough to relieve all of the pain.

I've got my appointment with the podiatrist on tuesday so hopefully they wil be able to assess my case individually and assign a decent tretment or therapy to it.

I told a lie about the crocs, they real;ly have helped, and bizarrely sleeping in my trainers really helps. I think it is because they hold my feet at right angles and as such stretch the tendon overnight rather than allow it to relax.

Anyway Razz Are you guys gonna accept me yet? I think that you should just go
" ah what the hell. he's never on for major matches and he's a good enough guy, let's make him a member just for the sake of it" Razz

dablackdude989

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 04:56    Post subject:  

u doin good. i think u need some practice wit that stick. hit a brotha up if u need some practice. also your grav gun usage is just plain tight. once u get your kpd up i think youll get a try out soon. good luck
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:33    Post subject:  

Everytime I read the heading "well, here I am", I think of Lyle Lovett...

A bit of pointless info.

Hands Away From Michael J

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25    Post subject:  

euph

I played you yesterday your not bad at all, good luck and enjoy yourself Smile

P.S ( I THINK YOU TOOK 100 points from me per kill but thats the wonderfull points system LOL LOL)
Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » TSGK Clan » Joining TSGK
Jump to: