TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bullock007
April 21 1970 (54 year old)
DogSoldier
April 19 1974 (50 year old)
 TSGK Member 
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Fri 19 Apr 2024 Sat 20 Apr 2024 Sun 21 Apr 2024 Mon 22 Apr 2024 Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024 Thu 25 Apr 2024
Birthday DogSoldier  

Birthday bullock007  

Birthday TeamScorpion  

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 00:42
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Now This is interesting
Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]  
VisualShock_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 19:13    Post subject:  Now This is interesting
Subject description: Here's what wikipedia has to say on HL2DM

[edit] Special Techniques
In addition to the basic gameplay elements, there are several important advanced techniques often used by skilled players.

Gravity Jumping: By standing on top of a physic object and firing straight down at it with the Gravity Gun's primary fire, a player can boost into the air several feet or more. This can be used to move to areas that are otherwise difficult or impossible to reach quickly.
Fast Balls: By shooting an orb from the ar2 rifle and immediately switching to the Gravity Gun whilst hitting primary fire, the orb can be given an extra boost of speed.
Note: A fast ball, once caught, cannot be returned at high speed.
Grenade Cooking: After using secondary fire to drop a grenade, the player quickly switches to the gravity gun and picks it up. The timer on the grenade resets, giving the player additional time to aim and fire it. This technique is often more effective than simply tossing a grenade because it allows the player to have greater control over where exactly it will explode.
Bunny Hopping: A type of movement used to move silently, jump over large gaps, and travel even more quickly than sprinting. It is performed by sprinting into a circle jump and then remaining in the crouch position while bunny hopping.
Note: In HL2DM bunny hopping is also commonly called strafe-jumping, speed skating, and overbouncing.
Fast Physics: A removed exploit that enabled players to shoot physics objects much faster and more forcefully than with a normal Gravity Gun shot. To do this, primary fire was held down while very quickly switching between the Gravity Gun and another weapon using the "last weapon used" key. This caused the Gravity Gun to shoot repeated bursts of energy at the object, giving it the ability to travel farther and kill opponents much more easily.
Fast Shotgun: Another removed exploit that allowed players to fire a shotgun at a higher rate of speed than the default. This could be accomplished by repeatedly pressing reload after firing each round; with good timing, this would unload a clip of ammo about twice as fast as normal.
Rabbit Punch:Causes similar actions as Fast Physics this technique can fire a single object 3-5 times but only in a point blank capacity and doesnt leave your gravity gun, it can be used to renew a orb or grenade timer but with a higher possibility of hitting your opponent with a physical object or orb.
Note: This is a hardly used much less known technique

How many of these can people do?
Which ones?
Could they be included in clan training sessions?
and could someone who can do them write an article about how to do them so us noobs (just me) can learn how to Wink

Thanks
VisualShock

Ask me for a sig Very Happy i'll make you one
"no internet = no life = no half life" - Wise words of Shimmy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 19:22    Post subject:  

grav juming is ok,we use it alot to get to hard places here and there...
fast balls are my looooooooove..... they are just crazy and it's.... *droool*
grenade cooking is a very vital skill and if you don't know it by now... well i think you know it by now... it's quite normal and takes a bit of practice and time to get the timings right...

bunny hopping is very useful...lets you catch up people really fast and give them a nice stick...

yeah a training session would be awesome... Very Happy am up for practicing just let us know when you want it... I am free on the 22nd Sad exams till then Sad[/b]

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 19:49    Post subject:  

In answer..

Gravity Jumping. This is easy but not always effective.
I think there is a better way involving the 'use' button which I'm going to have a chat with someone about.

Fast Balls - I can do these. As well as catching straight from AR2 (secondary fire on ar2, gg, secondary fire). This can be handy.

Quote:

It can (sometimes) if you sprint and jump or use something else to increase acceleration like a fast lift (donutbox is perfect)

Grenade Cooking: We can do this. Try also long tosses (senconday toss of grenade, gg and primary fire). Very useful if you spawn on a corner ledge in kilbox and see someone camping on a far corner ledge.

Bunny Hopping: I need to improve on this

Rabbit Punch:The explanation here is inadequate!

Good idea re training. We should do something about this. (Might be best to use teamspeak)

Gotta go - I have an exam in 15mins! Very Happy

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 20:20    Post subject:  

Fast shotgun was a 'glitch' and was removed in an update I think.

edit: didn't read it properly - it does say 'removed'! Doh! Rolling Eyes
Plasmo_TSGK
TSGK Member

Location: In the loving embrace of the tomfoolery of 3 chimps and a legion of angry lapps
Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 20:21    Post subject:  

Grav jump: I can do it, but never in battle. Good for high places or if you want to kill yourself in an amusing fashion.

Nade cooking: My specialty (I like to think Smile ). I've started using grenades to maim and then I rush in with the stunstick to finish the job Twisted Evil .

Fast balls: I can do these as well...but my accuracy with them is absolutely horrendous.

Bunny hopping: I'm working on this as well. I suggest practicing it on 600 gravity as well as 400. Your rhythm in game will be off for successive jumps, but the speed boost is more evident, and you actually need a good jump to do the lockdown jump (a sprint jump with a crouch at the end will get you over the gap on 400 grav).

Rabbit punch: Take the fast physics explanation, but use secondary fire rather than alternate fire after the weapon switch to bring the orb or phys object back to you. I can't do this, but I think Tron! can.

I'm up for any kind of training. Gets lonely all by meself in lockdown Embarassed .

Spike
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 20:25    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:
In answer..

Gravity Jumping. This is easy but not always effective.
I think there is a better way involving the 'use' button which I'm going to have a chat with someone about.

The use key for picking up objects does not work in DM (unless i am mistaken) you can use the use key(to pick up objects) in HL2 single, as shown in the HL2DQ movie.

http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=960

Ask me for a sig/avatar and I will make you one
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 20:49    Post subject:  

yeah i agree with spike on the E key functional to grab stuff only in single player

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

VisualShock_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 21:34    Post subject:  

I can do the grenade cooking, fastball and grav gun jumping Smile

i've worked out a way to improve aiming the fastball.

see, if there's someone running away, that you can't quite catch with a fastball, crouch down, and aim half way between you and them on the floor, the bouce gives it a chance to re-align with them, and it almost aimts itself...you'll know what i mean when you see it.

Ask me for a sig Very Happy i'll make you one
"no internet = no life = no half life" - Wise words of Shimmy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 22:38    Post subject:  

If you masterize fastorbs its a very strong weapon. at fastest speed you see the enemy, then next moment you are dead. but to make it hard to catch you have to let it touch the floor and get back up to the player.

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 23:54    Post subject:  

those are old techniques!
Milton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 00:01    Post subject:  

Guys can someone give me some tips on grenade cooking timing. I can cook the grenade and all but when I shoot it it always gets past the player. I saw some guys just shooting it in the ground and it exploded. Must I wait more time before I launch it?
krazimu
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 00:24    Post subject:  

Milton wrote:
Guys can someone give me some tips on grenade cooking timing. I can cook the grenade and all but when I shoot it it always gets past the player. I saw some guys just shooting it in the ground and it exploded. Must I wait more time before I launch it?

This is something you have to get used to from doing it over again and again until the timing becomes second nature to you. It's just trial and error and will be messy gettin' there Wink
Milton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 00:59    Post subject:  

krazimu wrote:
Milton wrote:

This is something you have to get used to from doing it over again and again until the timing becomes second nature to you. It's just trial and error and will be messy gettin' there Wink

Yeah it's not an easy thing I know. But I will make it in the end Wink .
Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:38    Post subject:  

Yeah just give it some time man, try going in an empty server and setting up some barrels to practise your timing on. I find tho you can hold it a little longer than you expect. Unfortuantly there is a delay in the character animations that makes it appear other players timers are shorter. Dont go by other players you see in game, coz by the time the animation has finished that nade is often already on its way to your face Smile.

Orbs have an auto aim function after their first bouce, this is why it appears orbs fired at the floor in front of appear to come str8 for you. Its not by any means accurate but it does seek out players for sure. Hense why you can shoot around v8 in a perfect square even when you hit the corner at a weird angle Smile

Quote:

If your in a tight space a good idea can be to let go of the ball with primary fire rather than fireing back, this gives it the speed of a fast ball (ish), and after its first bouce will seek out players in the confined area. Its much less accurate but can also be quite hard to catch by someone else as it leaves the ggun at a random angle. Gr8 for lockdown coridoors, and if the player is behind you, letting go will send the ball backward, can be quite amusing too Smile

As for the rabbit punch im still a little sceptical about it. I have only managed it with an orb and ive honestly practiced it for hours and was only coz i was falling. Ive seen players do it with rads and bricks which im not so sure about. My ggun is inactive after secondly fire far too long to primary fire again, even if i swap to another weapon and back again really quick (tho saying that there is a faster next and previous weapon settup which may help i guess to make the changes faster). If anyone has tips on this one then shoot.

Grav jump - the small rads are the best for this, just run over it looking down, fire with grav and jump, 9 times out of 10 you'll get higher than a jump, the other 1 out of 10 you'll kill yaself hehe. Though cynyx uses nearly all non blade objects to gain speed rather than height (well actualy he does both the cheeky devil) but combined with that you would get huge lift. I have managed to reach the upper windows of council with a grav jump, but only very just, and it did take a few attempts. Smile
Think i have only managd bout 5 successful kills for the air after one of these, but this was done by grabbing the object i used once in the air and firing it at someone below me rather than using a weapon Smile Complete fluke tho hehe

Slow crossbow bolts - This is gr8 for maps like dome of v8 with regularly used lifts. Get some slams and drop one (not stick to wall or floor, just drop it), then with a crossbow crouch down above it and shoot it with bolts, the bolt will travel at 1/10th the speed (you can even catch up with them and over take) Is gr8 also for an oncomeing stick fight as you know you wil be in close combat, shoot a slow bolt and walk over the bolt towards your enemy. As the stick fight begins they get shot in the legs with your bolt. hehe

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 13:53    Post subject:  

BTW - what is 'fast weapon switch'? !!

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Cynyx

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 14:33    Post subject:  

The fast switch weapon remove the HUD that shows you your weapon, try in console :
Code:
hud_fastswitch 1
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 17:21    Post subject:  

[KC]Fyckfaco[B] wrote:
Yeah just give it some time man, try going in an empty server and setting up some barrels to practise your timing on. I find tho you can hold it a little longer than you expect. Unfortuantly there is a delay in the character animations that makes it appear other players timers are shorter. Dont go by other players you see in game, coz by the time the animation has finished that nade is often already on its way to your face Smile.

Orbs have an auto aim function after their first bouce, this is why it appears orbs fired at the floor in front of appear to come str8 for you. Its not by any means accurate but it does seek out players for sure. Hense why you can shoot around v8 in a perfect square even when you hit the corner at a weird angle Smile

Quote:

If your in a tight space a good idea can be to let go of the ball with primary fire rather than fireing back, this gives it the speed of a fast ball (ish), and after its first bouce will seek out players in the confined area. Its much less accurate but can also be quite hard to catch by someone else as it leaves the ggun at a random angle. Gr8 for lockdown coridoors, and if the player is behind you, letting go will send the ball backward, can be quite amusing too Smile

As for the rabbit punch im still a little sceptical about it. I have only managed it with an orb and ive honestly practiced it for hours and was only coz i was falling. Ive seen players do it with rads and bricks which im not so sure about. My ggun is inactive after secondly fire far too long to primary fire again, even if i swap to another weapon and back again really quick (tho saying that there is a faster next and previous weapon settup which may help i guess to make the changes faster). If anyone has tips on this one then shoot.

Grav jump - the small rads are the best for this, just run over it looking down, fire with grav and jump, 9 times out of 10 you'll get higher than a jump, the other 1 out of 10 you'll kill yaself hehe. Though cynyx uses nearly all non blade objects to gain speed rather than height (well actualy he does both the cheeky devil) but combined with that you would get huge lift. I have managed to reach the upper windows of council with a grav jump, but only very just, and it did take a few attempts. Smile
Think i have only managd bout 5 successful kills for the air after one of these, but this was done by grabbing the object i used once in the air and firing it at someone below me rather than using a weapon Smile Complete fluke tho hehe

Slow crossbow bolts - This is gr8 for maps like dome of v8 with regularly used lifts. Get some slams and drop one (not stick to wall or floor, just drop it), then with a crossbow crouch down above it and shoot it with bolts, the bolt will travel at 1/10th the speed (you can even catch up with them and over take) Is gr8 also for an oncomeing stick fight as you know you wil be in close combat, shoot a slow bolt and walk over the bolt towards your enemy. As the stick fight begins they get shot in the legs with your bolt. hehe

Man i didnt read all but ..... Shocked
How much time you spent on this ?
You are a crazyass typer Razz
Write a book or somethin

Cynyx

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 17:41    Post subject:  

and u are a crazy "quoter" Freelancer
Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 17:18    Post subject:  

na i just type fast, and i know some people on this site have trouble with some english so i tryed to make it as descriptive and easy to read as posible without using long words to shorten it down. Plus i go on a bit when i get carried away Smile

Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Jump to: