TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1337_Byte
April 18 1993 (31 year old)
bullock007
April 21 1970 (54 year old)
DogSoldier
April 19 1974 (50 year old)
 TSGK Member 
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Thu 18 Apr 2024 Fri 19 Apr 2024 Sat 20 Apr 2024 Sun 21 Apr 2024 Mon 22 Apr 2024 Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024
Birthday 1337_Byte  
Birthday DogSoldier  

Birthday bullock007  

Birthday TeamScorpion  
The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 05:46
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Web browsers benchmark
Page 3 of 3 [69 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 22:01    Post subject:  

WHAT ABOUT IBROWSE????
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 22:55    Post subject:  

Ghost Dog_TSGK wrote:
WHAT ABOUT IBROWSE????

I didn't had the opportunity to test it yet.

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 22:31    Post subject:  

join the cause people

http://www.saveie6.com/

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:10    Post subject:  

Internet Explorer 9 website looks nice
http://internet-explorer.uk.msn.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 00:19    Post subject:  

Osiris_TSGK wrote:
This is a demo of what can be done with HTML5, this pacman game has been fully coded in HTML, you need a decent browser to be able to see it:
<style type="text/css"> @font-face { font-family: 'BDCartoonShoutRegular'; src: url('http://www.tsgk.com/funfiles/pacman/BD_Cartoon_Shout-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'); font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; } #pacman { height:450px; width:342px; margin:20px auto; } #shim { font-family: BDCartoonShoutRegular; position:absolute; visibility:hidden } </style><div id="pacman"></div> <script src="http://www.tsgk.com/funfiles/pacman/pacman.js"></script> <script src="http://www.tsgk.com/funfiles/pacman/modernizr-1.5.min.js"></script> <script> var el = document.getElementById("pacman"); if (Modernizr.canvas && Modernizr.localstorage && Modernizr.audio && (Modernizr.audio.ogg || Modernizr.audio.mp3)) { window.setTimeout(function () { PACMAN.init(el, "./"); }, 0); } else { el.innerHTML = "Sorry, needs a decent browser<br /><small>" + "(firefox 3.6+, Chrome 4+, Opera 10+ and Safari 4+)</small>"; } </script><a href="http://arandomurl.com/">Writeup</a> | Code on <a href="http://github.com/daleharvey/pacman">Github</a>

Still can't watch this on IE9 Sad

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 02:19    Post subject:  

Internet browsers are being very active at this time with many releases from the majors ones.
It was time to do a little update.

Firefox changed its strategy and is now adopting a faster development between majors releases, so Firefox 5.0 is now out and Firefox 6.0 should be coming somewhere this summer while 7.0 would come later that year.
5.0 has an improved javascript engine and a better support for HTML5.
They have stop selling t-shirt and caps and have finally reacted trying to come back into the course.
Although still not pass the Acid 3 test... maybe later.

Chrome still following its almost weekly new release, version 12 is now up since a while, essentially focusing on performance and HTML5 support, they are also starting to work out something more "finished" from the user side with features like print preview etc etc.
But still a cheap user interface and user privacy is being criticized by many as they gather information including form submission.

Here is some quotes from its past CEO Eric Schmidt:
Quote:
With your permission you give us more information about you, about your friends, and we can improve the quality of our searches [...] We don't need you to type at all. We know where you are. We know where you've been. We can more or less know what you're thinking about.

Quote:
If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, but if you really need that kind of privacy, the reality is that search engines including Google do retain this information for some time, and it's important, for example that we are all subject in the United States to the Patriot Act. It is possible that that information could be made available to the authorities.

If you'r a Chrome user and are bothered about the protection of your privacy (and apparently the one of your friends too), there is an alternativ called SRWare Iron with excellent performances, it does use Chrome interface but without the personal data collection.
Could be downloaded at :
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

Opera still innovate with its new 11.50 version Swordfish, new user interface, rendering engine and javascript engine have been optimized, HTML5 support extented, new extension management for the speed dial page and many more.
Also released a new branch of Opera browser called Opera Next which is their labs browser, Opera Next will automaticaly receive the lastest update before they are made stable and released to the Opera Browser.
11.60 (if not 12) is probably on the grill already with even more features and innovation, Opera Next will tell.

Internet Explorer 9.0 is the lastest one from MS, even it does catch back some of its lack of performance since IE 8.0, it still more like a showcase browser than a finished product, kinda like Vista was before the arrival of Windows 7, as a proof IE 10 is already under development (actually it was under it 4 weeks after IE 9.0 final release).
So, if you are a fan of IE then there is a point of using IE 9.0, considering that you do have Vista or Win7 since it can't be installed on an XP machine (but if you'r a fan you prolly have Win 7 anyway).
You can even test IE 10 but you'll need Win 7, can't be installed on Vista, obviously not on XP too.
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive
I'd like to thanks Diet H2O_TSGK for the 9.0 test results.

Safari 5.0.5, well nothing, almost the same as ever, only security update since 4 - 5 releases.
browserfinal.png
 Description   
 Filesize   9.67 KB
 Viewed   228 Time(s)

browserfinal.png

browsersextended.png
 Description   
 Filesize   43.82 KB
 Viewed   192 Time(s)

browsersextended.png

Growling_Mad_Scientist
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 18:27    Post subject:  

I tried IE9. always used IE....

Didnt like the interface at all... returned to IE8, wich i think its so much better in terms of interface.

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 19:34    Post subject:  

Growling_Mad_Scientist wrote:
I tried IE9. always used IE....

Didnt like the interface at all... returned to IE8, wich i think its so much better in terms of interface.

Make the switch and goto Firefox or SRWare Iron, once your used to it you will wish you have switched years ago. Wink

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Growling_Mad_Scientist
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 21:01    Post subject:  

StonedCabbage wrote:
Make the switch and goto Firefox or SRWare Iron, once your used to it you will wish you have switched years ago. Wink

Well, the times i tried firefox, never liked it to.. lol. although it was always in a friends computer.

I dunno if i will like something else but IE... because i been using it since.. since... it ever existed !? .. lol. and i got soooo used to it that i dont care to change it.

But all the updates they did till IE8, i liked, IE9 was really messy to me.

Cheers

Page 3 of 3 [69 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: