TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1337_Byte
April 18 1993 (31 year old)
bullock007
April 21 1970 (54 year old)
DogSoldier
April 19 1974 (50 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 17 Apr 2024 Thu 18 Apr 2024 Fri 19 Apr 2024 Sat 20 Apr 2024 Sun 21 Apr 2024 Mon 22 Apr 2024 Tue 23 Apr 2024

Birthday 1337_Byte  
Birthday DogSoldier  

Birthday bullock007  

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 16:01
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
TSGK members. Please read.
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]  
bullock007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 18:35    Post subject:  TSGK members. Please read.  

Hi all,

As you may know my clan joined the UP LEAGUE and they asked me to become a Admin and help them with this new league and I agreed. I was very committed to this league and have done a lot of work . As some of you know this league has got a bad name already because they have let in some previous cheaters from CU league but I did not mind this because they stated in their rules that they wanted to give everyone a fresh start and if they messed up and didn't play by the rules they would be asked to leave. Unfortunatly ever since they league has started the rule book has been put to one side and the league division are in a right mess i.e players that should be in Div 1 are playing in Div2 etc. and as you can imagine they are beating their opponents by a great margin. Their forums are being abused regularly by petty arguements and very foul language. Therefore I have come to the decision that 007 will be leaving the Up league as of now. One of the main clans that have joined the UP League are [TSF] and they have had enough too for the same reasons.. Myself and [TSF] have had a long discussion about creating our own friendly league with other clans such as yourselves as TSF have been wanting to make a league for some time now and we believe we could make a very responsible , friendly league with friendly fire off and spawn protection on. So far, we have asked [DOH] clan and [BCC] if they would be interested in joining us aswell and they said yes, with them helping us if needed.
We hope you would be interested in joining us too and if so, please reply so we can start planning this successful league.
We will also be asking other respected clans soon to join.
Thank you very much for reading,
James
[007] Bullock 007

[007]Bullock 007 Clan leader Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 22:24    Post subject:  

A league turning out like that is a familiar story.

I recall a long time ago a lot of effort was put into organising a Friendly League. 13 clans entered, matches went ahead and things were going nicely. The fixtures table indicated about 75% of matches were played. Then it just fizzled out. Despite attempts, some clans just lost interest. I don't know why it fizzled out but my personal thoughts are that some people felt it was pointless to continue if they had no hope of winning - also some clans may have found it hard over time to put forward a team. Clans change. Officially, it was never finalised and technically there are still some matches to play! The point is that someone went to a lot of trouble helping to organise it and unfortunately it didn't reach a conclusion.

TSGK is reluctant to commit to leagues because in our experience they often end up in a situation like the one you described in your post. I've no problems with 007 (and well you know that) nor TSF. But I would be reluctant to become involved in any league - things get out of hand too quickly. And too many people get too upset losing (and sometimes are just as bad when they win) - even when it is supposedly friendly.

That's not to say that TSGK members can't become involved in tournaments. They can (and do). But they cannot wear their tag in those tournaments.

Naturally, the boss and others in TSGK may have different views to mine - but I wouldn't recommend it. Sad to see that there are still problems out there in HL2DM land - one of the same problems that helped kill the community.

Good luck with it though, I do hope it's a success.

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 22:58    Post subject:    

Given your oppinion Diet , you've proved my thoughts and belives in hl2dm community. The last league was fun to play and lots of people have met and are friends 'till this day , but alot of Enemies were made aswell. Alot of scandals were brought up and grudges that were held in for a long time.
No problem with the clans that joined ( the ones that i know of ) and I've no problem with people in those teams , but things can happen and friendships could be ruined. For Example, sometimes in a 1v1 ,2v2 , 4v4 matches that are hosted by one of the Match Players begin to mutate into something aweful, like Restarting the Server or kicking people, if the "Home" team is losing.

bullockjr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 23:09    Post subject:  

Hey guys,
I can fully understand your waryness towards a new league.
However, we hope this league will be different.
The rules will be created by the community, it will be run by a collection of respected clans and won't begin until every nook and cranny has been assessed.
It won't be an organisation but a community league.
Thank you,
Jordan.
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 23:10    Post subject:  

hi
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 23:17    Post subject:  

Xmeagol wrote:
hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I&feature=related

BTW doesn't that dude look a little similar to u ? Laughing

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 00:00    Post subject:  

Not really, no
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 00:08    Post subject:  

Yeah as Diet said TSGK have not really got involved with leagues and I dont see it happening now, were always ready for a friendly at any time though.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 01:41    Post subject:  

It's up to the long established "friendly" clans to make it work.
I for one wanted to participate without the expectaion of being remotely sucessful. Unfortunately the need to win at all cost seems to be paramount in the minds of many players and the fun element takes a very poor second place.
When we say GG at the end of a game is it just being polite or do we really mean it?
The game is what we make it and if enough like minded players get together the it will be a GG. If I can draw an analogy between all sport and online gaming in general, sport as such would not exist at a base level where amatuers play and compete for the sake of personal enjoyment were it a domain for only the elite. If the game is not to be stangled we must at least try to come together on as friends an play for the sake of fun.

"You don't have to be mad to live on the planet Zog but it definitely helps"
Tharg of Zog
bullock007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 03:58    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
Xmeagol wrote:
hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I&feature=related

BTW doesn't that dude look a little similar to u ? Laughing

Hi,
First of all we are NOT trying to do any TROLLING lol and if you think I am then I am very sorry you think that.

This new idea will not be like any League you have joined before and we are not going to even call it a league now it will be a friendly Prize Cup clan match for all clans but by invite only to see how it goes clans will include TSGK, 007, TSF, DOH, BCC, BKK S-UK all our friends we know. This will never be a pro setup for pro clans it will be just like a clan match we have with you all the time but more clans in one place and it will be a 3 v 3 for now and 1 killbox map each to play and 1 map like Joyride or any map you would like to play.

I hope this helps you all to make up your own minds about this and we hope this will save DM and rebuild it back up.

Thanks and take care
James.

Last edited by bullock007 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:11; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 04:49    Post subject:  

Freelancer is a sensitive wee one. \m/ the Free lancer one!

as Diet,Cab and Zog previously mentioned, everyone starts up the same, with the same promises but it always goes down the drain in no time at all.

I wish you guys the best of luck, hope it takes off without any problems.

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 09:56    Post subject:  

Hi everyone....
I know that I haven't posted or visited here for a very long time Crying or Very sad But such is life and the running of TSF plus a great many other things that I barely have time to even play the game sometimes. But I try to get in on TSGK 1 as much as i can to keep in contact with all my friends here.

This league or friendly cup WILL be different. My self RAV and the 007 team will not let this deteriorate into a pro clan slanging match. I and my team have suffered the typical pro style matches from the likes of DBS and the former DTS in both CU and the OFF league and now despite the promises of the admins the same has happened to both TSF and 007 in the up league.

The four of us ( RAV, 007 Bullock, Bullock jr and my self spent several hours in teamspeak last night thrashing out many of the details for this event, and we are determined that this will not be another spawn kill fest.
Clans will only be able to join by invitation and if another clan that we did not know was to ask if they could join they would have to prove to the admins that they are our type of clan. The finer points on how to do this will be discussed further but we do have some ideas on hoe to deal with this already.

So the main aim of this cup will be to bring the friendly clans closer together with a regular event that we can all get involved in. The rules and points system will be firm BUT not so over complicated as to cause more problems that they stop.

I read in one of your replies that you were very worried about arguments and loosing more friends than you make. Well if you were worried about in match arguments being caused perhaps together with some of the other ideas we have already had it might be possible to have a referee in each game, so a player that is neutral to both of the teams playing this could be either one of the admins or perhaps a team captain or clan leader from one of the other teams on the cup... but more on this sort of finer detail later....

I and the rest of TSF and 007 hope that you will trust us to create something where we can all have some good fun, and remember that we have just as much to loose as the rest of you by creating this cup and wish only to make friends not loose them.....

Over then next few days and weeks we will begin to get thins moving and will welcome input and suggestions from all who might take part so as soon as we have a forum area set up dedicated to this event we will let you all know..

Fun and stick fights rule Wink pro and spawn killers won't...

REGARDS TO ALL .......LORD DAV

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 14:29    Post subject:  

bullock007 wrote:

Hi,
First of all we are NOT trying to do any TROLLING lol and if you think I am then I am very sorry you think that.

This new idea will not be like any League you have joined before and we are not going to even call it a league now it will be a friendly Prize Cup clan match for all clans but by invite only to see how it goes clans will include TSGK, 007, TSF, DOH, BCC, BKK S-UK all our friends we know. This will never be a pro setup for pro clans it will be just like a clan match we have with you all the time but more clans in one place and it will be a 3 v 3 for now and 1 killbox map each to play and 1 map like Joyride or any map you would like to play.

I hope this helps you all to make up your own minds about this and we hope this will save DM and rebuild it back up.

Thanks and take care
James.

You missunderstood me Bullock Smile That comment was pointed at Xmeagol...
And Shimmy ,WHERE's THE VIDEOLOG!!!??? Evil or Very Mad

The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 15:26    Post subject:  

Good luck with this

bullock007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:55    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
bullock007 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks and take care
James.

You missunderstood me Bullock Smile That comment was pointed at Xmeagol...
And Shimmy ,WHERE's THE VIDEOLOG!!!??? Evil or Very Mad

Hi Freelancer ,

lol Embarassed Sorry Very Happy ,

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 19:34    Post subject:  

np man ^^
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 21:03    Post subject:  

plz calll me breez0r :'(
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 22:28    Post subject:  

Xmeagol wrote:
plz calll me breez0r :'(

You will always be known as "Dr Breen" Rolling Eyes

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
Balle_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 08:49    Post subject:  

Good luck guys – I really hope you succeed Very Happy
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 19:13    Post subject:  

Things are starting to fall into place for this now and we have 7 clans that have said they want in on this Very Happy . EL BK and SUK to name just a few..
SO if any of youy guys would like to form a team please let us know.

One of us will post again soon once we have rules and a dedicated forum set up for this to all be run from....
Once again the aim of this will be to have fun with in a team event and there will be things in place to stop the pro environment sreeping in.

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
bullock007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 13:31    Post subject:  

Hello again TSGk,

We will be adding this to the clans cup....

1 bonus point available to a team that can achieve 20 stick/bar kills with in a round..
If both teams manage to make 20 or more stick/bar kills then the bonus point will be awarded to the team with the highest no
of kills from stunstick or crow bar. Very Happy

So please give us a go and lets have some FUN Smile

PS This will not be a league, It will be a Prize Clan Cup Very Happy

Thanks and take care.

James

Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: