TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 21:35
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
No dedicated Servers for mw2
Page 1 of 3 [63 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 17:05    Post subject:  No dedicated Servers for mw2  

http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-modern-warfare-matchmaking-service-will-definitely-reshape-pc-community

*cries*

The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 17:51    Post subject:  

Quote:
you can get in and play with players your same rank,"

this bit sounds good though Laughing

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 18:02    Post subject:  

that is stupid! stupid! stupid! the connections on xbox live and psn network absolutely suck balls! they created a perfect franchise and now they took one big massive dump on it. Reshape pc gaming my arse! this is so pissing off. A game that supports 64 players can never be played on a non dedicated server. Even mag that is coming out on ps3 that supports 128 people is played on dedicated servers. Freakin lazy programmers porting console crap netcode to pc gaming, ruining the server business. Now this needs a boycott not l4d2.

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 20:08    Post subject:  

Well tbh shimmy i tihnk completly the opposite, i hate ranked matches. I like being able to play with a room full of pros, and i love playing with newbies too.
They really havent concidered the impact this will have on the community. Pc gamers are normally less of a casual gamer. We are the ones who have spend shit loads of cash on a rig that can push these games at full fps, and who dedicate to mastering the controls with mouse and keyboard.
What about clans? I know they say that there will be no impact on the clan community. But the message that clans like tsgk and kc send out "play with us, be with us, join with us", where you find the family you love, and dedicate yourself to playing with them, is gone. There will be no clan servers, no way for servers to be differnt.
Imagine if someone sets up a server that you enjoy, all the settings are nice and the map roation is cool, then the host disconnects, and the game server gets passed to the pc with the next best net, cpu and ram. He then gains control of the settings, and he can change them as he feels best. Ruining the server you have just spend 10 games trying to find xD

Also, no server list Sad No addons. No custom shared content.

Why change a system that has worked on pc for years. PC's are not consoles. Why do people who up until this point havent supported Pc stright away, feel they know what PC users want. Clearly they have done no market research, if they had they would have realised this is the wrong move.

Everyone i know who was looking forward to it on PC now says they have concelled their pre order. Ģ50 is too much for single player......

Illyria_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 20:23    Post subject:  

Fyckfaco wrote:
Well tbh shimmy i tihnk completly the opposite, i hate ranked matches. I like being able to play with a room full of pros, and i love playing with newbies too.
They really havent concidered the impact this will have on the community. Pc gamers are normally less of a casual gamer. We are the ones who have spend shit loads of cash on a rig that can push these games at full fps, and who dedicate to mastering the controls with mouse and keyboard.
What about clans? I know they say that there will be no impact on the clan community. But the message that clans like tsgk and kc send out "play with us, be with us, join with us", where you find the family you love, and dedicate yourself to playing with them, is gone. There will be no clan servers, no way for servers to be differnt.
Imagine if someone sets up a server that you enjoy, all the settings are nice and the map roation is cool, then the host disconnects, and the game server gets passed to the pc with the next best net, cpu and ram. He then gains control of the settings, and he can change them as he feels best. Ruining the server you have just spend 10 games trying to find xD

Why change a system that has worked on pc for years. PC's are not consoles. Why do people who up until this point havent supported Pc stright away, feel they know what PC users want. Clearly they have done no market research, if they had they would have realised this is the wrong move.

Everyone i know who was looking forward to it on PC now says they have concelled their pre order. Ģ50 is too much for single player......

didnt you mean borg? o.O
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 20:44    Post subject:  

Fyckfaco wrote:

lol dude why are you explaining all this to me?i know this,and i hate the way they are doing it....

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 20:55    Post subject:  

The people saying they canceled their MW2 order are lying their ass off.
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 22:27    Post subject:  

the idea of being able to join people with the same rank is nice, but only if it is an option which in this case it isnīt. if people boycot it then dedicated servers can continue in future games. its in the consumers hands where the future might go.

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 22:46    Post subject:  

Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
Fyckfaco wrote:

lol dude why are you explaining all this to me?i know this,and i hate the way they are doing it....

Cos you're thick.

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Fyckfaco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 02:17    Post subject:  

Oops yeah i got the posters mixed up sorry xD

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 05:18    Post subject:  

Fyckfaco wrote:

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
Fyckfaco wrote:

Cos you're thick.

Hahahaha! Bi ciuin! Go hifreann leat!

Freetux

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:04    Post subject:  

Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
Fyckfaco wrote:

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
Fyckfaco wrote:

Cos you're thick.

Hahahaha! Bi ciuin! Go hifreann leat!

Laughing

The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 14:00    Post subject:  

This is what i meant
Quote:
the idea of being able to join people with the same rank is nice, but only if it is an option which in this case it isnīt.

I'm used to being mixed up Embarassed

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 21:00    Post subject:  

Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
that is stupid! stupid! stupid! the connections on xbox live and psn network absolutely suck balls! they created a perfect franchise and now they took one big massive dump on it. Reshape pc gaming my arse! this is so pissing off. A game that supports 64 players can never be played on a non dedicated server. Even mag that is coming out on ps3 that supports 128 people is played on dedicated servers. Freakin lazy programmers porting console crap netcode to pc gaming, ruining the server business. Now this needs a boycott not l4d2.

256 players for M.A.G on one map.
Resistance 2, 64 players you can create a server.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 22:26    Post subject:  

uhm, can it be, no threadshitting?!
Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 09:50    Post subject:  

Sad news; did an article about this on Paradox.

Would the communities of both 22g and TSGK have been created without dedicated gaming servers?

You can sign a petition here which at the time of posting has over 86,000 sigs. Shocked

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 01:36    Post subject:  

came out the very first day, but good that they included the choice for dedicated servers so you can ban cheaters Rolling Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MdSwgKtSYg

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:29    Post subject:  

playing it on the xbox 360... and it's insane! all the maps are well made, the game flows beautifully. I <3 it a lot. shame pc version got consolized, wouldve gone for that one instead.

Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:26    Post subject:  

Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
playing it on the xbox 360... and it's insane! all the maps are well made, the game flows beautifully. I <3 it a lot. shame pc version got consolized, wouldve gone for that one instead.

Went for PC version in the end; mainly as with L4D2 on the horizon I won't be playing the MP side much anyway. Plus it was cheaper! Laughing

Had some issues running the game though. Crying or Very sad

What did you make of the Airport level?

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 13:46    Post subject:  

What airport level? i never played a call of duty single player campaign since call of duty 1 lol. I just thought the messages asking you to skip missions people find disturbing funny... will give you some feedback once i start the single player :$ multiplayer is just too bloody good.

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 14:50    Post subject:  

I only played call of duty single players so far, they are great. I tried the mw multiplayer but didnīt like it.

btw. this is how mw2 multiplayer can be like (lag): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo

[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 16:07    Post subject:  

I think what they are saying is the multi-player is crap
and more to the point would not work with dedicated servers
and that would piss the PC community off even more.

PS: when I first started playing online games I did not
want to play other players of the same level as me
if that was the way it was we would all be standing still with a smg. Rolling Eyes

Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:55    Post subject:  

Played some co-op (the special ops) with Hooligan last night, was great fun - highly recommended Very Happy

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:20    Post subject:  

Wonderbanana wrote:
Played some co-op (the special ops) with Hooligan last night, was great fun - highly recommended Very Happy

I won't buy this until I read your (PC) review.

Shanchez

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:13    Post subject:  

http://kotaku.com/5403286/what-modern-warfare-2-boycotters-are-playing
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 14:41    Post subject:  

Shanchez wrote:
http://kotaku.com/5403286/what-modern-warfare-2-boycotters-are-playing

lol!

Wonderbanana

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 15:48    Post subject:  

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
Wonderbanana wrote:

I won't buy this until I read your (PC) review.

The way I'm going atm the above might be it! Embarassed Laughing

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 22:51    Post subject:  

Ping
http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-427623.aspx

and 4 hours story mode Laughing
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-425856.aspx

Last edited by gtamike_TSGK on Sat Nov 14, 2009 00:16; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 23:40    Post subject:  

Well don't expect Dedicated servers anytime soon, when they rake in 186 million in the first 24 hours i think they will happily stick 2 fingers up to us pc gamers, considering amazons orders of pc versions of the game reached 8 % of the total (X Box 61%, PS3 31%).

I will play this game on my ps3 no problem when i can be arsed to do so (my dad brought a copy) but I will not ever own this game on my pc, ever, fuk em.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 23:44    Post subject:  

Im liking the look of Battlefield Bad Company 2 more Cool
(if your lucky you can get a Beta key)
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-426913.aspx Very Happy
Page 1 of 3 [63 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: