TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eXs|DanielAndres
April 29 1978 (46 year old)
Freelancer
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Hahahahahaha
April 29 1971 (53 year old)
Juize_TSGK
April 27 1989 (35 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Spitfire
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 24 Apr 2024 Thu 25 Apr 2024 Fri 26 Apr 2024 Sat 27 Apr 2024 Sun 28 Apr 2024 Mon 29 Apr 2024 Tue 30 Apr 2024
Birthday TeamScorpion  

Birthday Freelancer  
Birthday Juize_TSGK  
Birthday Spitfire  

Birthday eXs|DanielAndres  
Birthday Hahahahahaha  

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:10
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
A Thought That Could Make Screenshots More Fun...
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Blurpy the RABID!!!!
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 22:35    Post subject:  A Thought That Could Make Screenshots More Fun...
Subject description: Just had an idea for a possible mod of sorts, and looking for people's thoughts

Hi hi, all. A random thought just shot through my head as I was looking at some in-game screenshots that were recently taken on a couple of TSGK's servers. I thought about it some more, and it struck me as a neat idea for those who wanna be able to put some personality into their screenshots (or taunt your opponents after displacing their skull contents with a crowbar).

My idea was this - what if you could get your player model to make facial expressions on command? It could be something as easy as pressing the "Talk" button and typing in a smiley. An alternative way to do that could be to type in a descriptor of the desired facial expression within a set of curly brackets, like {grin} or {angry}.

Allow me to elaborate on this a bit. If any of you have ever tried out http://gmod.garry.tv/, you're probably familiar with the Face Poser tool, which lets you control the facial "muscles" of a selected model to make whatever facial expression you desire. Setting the Face Poser tool on random is especially fun at times because of the sheerly obnoxious ways it distorts the models' faces. =P If a mod existed that allowed the user to manipulate their model's face through something as simple as typing in a command into the "Talk" command or by binding keys to certain preset commands, it could give the player to express more personality in their multiplayer endeavers.

So, any thoughts on this idea? I know it has little practical use at all, but it'd be nice if we had more control over the Source engine's utilization of facial expressions while playing multiplayer. Let me know what you guys think. If enough of you guys think it's worthwhile, I'll go ahead and request for a mod to be made at the FacePunch forums.
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 22:42    Post subject:  

Phewar! That went way over my head but I like the sound of it. Smile

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Blurpy the RABID!!!!
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 19:09    Post subject:    

Diet H2O wrote:

Here, let me describe how it could work in-game...

Scenario 1:
You're playing a good ol' game of HL2 DM - the map is TSGK's dm_killbox_v8, and there's this crazy guy running around with live hand grenades. He drops the 'nade, scoops it up with his grav gun, and just charges into people so that he kills them when his 'nade blows up. You take note of this, but go about fragging people and having a good time.

So then you see someone runnin' about with a baton and taking people out, and you decide that you'd like to have a melee duel with this player. He sees you, and the two of you start to tango. Armed with a crowbar, you manage to score 3 blows off your opponent while taking 2 baton blows yourself. The next hit will mean defeat for both you and your opponent, so the fight is getting quite exciting for you. Your foe swings but misses, and you see the opening to get in there and whack him in the face, taking the victory and all the glory of the duel!

But suddenly...

The kamikazi grenade guy jumps in between both of you while you're in mid-swing, causing you to crack the kamikazi dude in the face instead of your melee opponent! You then see the live grenade in the kamikazi guy's grav gun, and it's on its 2nd chirp!! You then see the kamikazi guy's bloodied face, and he then quickly types this message to you...

Kamikazi Dude: >Very Happy

At that exact moment, the facial expression on the kamikazi guy's model changes from that emotionally blank expression to a malevolent smile, complete with angry eyebrows and a big, toothy smile!!! And then... BOOOOOOM!!!!

Does that clear it up a bit? =]
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 19:33    Post subject:  

Yeah, I like your way of thinking dude Smile . You got my vote for sure.

and maybe there is also a possibility to control the arms and fingers? So if that guy does a kamikaze with me, I can pul out my dirty finger when I am done sticking him to death Idea . Or maybe sit down on his face and fart all over it lol Smile Idea
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 20:17    Post subject:  

Blurpy - I need that facial expression! I am the kamikaze dude!

Very Happy

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
sol man uk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:29    Post subject:  

Blurpy the RABID!!!! wrote:
Diet H2O wrote:

Here, let me describe how it could work in-game...

Scenario 1:
You're playing a good ol' game of HL2 DM - the map is TSGK's dm_killbox_v8, and there's this crazy guy running around with live hand grenades. He drops the 'nade, scoops it up with his grav gun, and just charges into people so that he kills them when his 'nade blows up. You take note of this, but go about fragging people and having a good time.

So then you see someone runnin' about with a baton and taking people out, and you decide that you'd like to have a melee duel with this player. He sees you, and the two of you start to tango. Armed with a crowbar, you manage to score 3 blows off your opponent while taking 2 baton blows yourself. The next hit will mean defeat for both you and your opponent, so the fight is getting quite exciting for you. Your foe swings but misses, and you see the opening to get in there and whack him in the face, taking the victory and all the glory of the duel!

But suddenly...

The kamikazi grenade guy jumps in between both of you while you're in mid-swing, causing you to crack the kamikazi dude in the face instead of your melee opponent! You then see the live grenade in the kamikazi guy's grav gun, and it's on its 2nd chirp!! You then see the kamikazi guy's bloodied face, and he then quickly types this message to you...

Kamikazi Dude: >Very Happy

At that exact moment, the facial expression on the kamikazi guy's model changes from that emotionally blank expression to a malevolent smile, complete with angry eyebrows and a big, toothy smile!!! And then... BOOOOOOM!!!!

Does that clear it up a bit? =]

this writing is so addictive, I have read it constantly for five days now, I love the word " chirp!! "

my girlfriend makes that noise when I pull her pin

http://www.fraggies-clan.uk.tt/

Blurpy the RABID!!!!
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 23:39    Post subject:  

sol man uk wrote:

this writing is so addictive, I have read it constantly for five days now, I love the word " chirp!! "

my girlfriend makes that noise when I pull her pin

My writing's addictive? Well, I guess I am decent at telling stories and such. Thanks for the compliment! ^-^

Does your girlfriend explode violently after chirping five times because ya pulled her pin? =P~ Hee hee...
Blurpy the RABID!!!!
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 23:41    Post subject:    

Diet H2O wrote:
Blurpy - I need that facial expression! I am the kamikaze dude!

Very Happy

Wait, which facial expression are you talking about? ^.^

And so you claim that you're the kamikaze dude?? Well, then that must make me the kamikaze KING! >=D Huzzah!!!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: