TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eXs|DanielAndres
April 29 1978 (46 year old)
Freelancer
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Hahahahahaha
April 29 1971 (53 year old)
Juize_TSGK
April 27 1989 (35 year old)
 TSGK Member 
lukejamie07
May 01 1988 (36 year old)
Spitfire
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Thu 25 Apr 2024 Fri 26 Apr 2024 Sat 27 Apr 2024 Sun 28 Apr 2024 Mon 29 Apr 2024 Tue 30 Apr 2024 Wed 01 May 2024

Birthday Freelancer  
Birthday Juize_TSGK  
Birthday Spitfire  

Birthday eXs|DanielAndres  
Birthday Hahahahahaha  

Birthday lukejamie07  
The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 13:38
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
.:buRnz:. MUTE
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
xciteful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 19:53    Post subject:  .:buRnz:. MUTE
Subject description: Needs addressing

TSGK,

I've been muted for over a year and a half now. I've asked before to be un-muted from your servers as a ton of my friends play on TSGK. It's rather sad to be unable to conduct a fun or instructive conversation. Furthermore, I find it frustrating that the policy that leads to muting doesn't seem to apply uniformly. I have kids cussing and taunting me and others constantly without recourse on the servers from time to time. Regardless, I'd appreciate the muting being lifted as I think any harm I might have caused from over a year ago + has duly been paid.

Thx
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 20:19    Post subject:  

Our records indicate that you were auto-muted in first time the 2007-11-05.
This first mute was then removed as a part of our 2008 new year "clemency" where only 8 players were eligible for this and you were one of them, the 2008-01-02 your mute was then lifted following this exceptionnal decision.
Unfortunatly, you got auto-muted again 2 months later the 2008-02-22.
As in normal time we do not remove a mute at all, getting a mute removed is a part of an exceptionnal decision, and this happend very rarely to not say never, once such a decision was taken and applied, it is definitly consumed, therefor a second lift is not possible anymore.
Thanks.

xciteful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 22:27    Post subject:  

Thx for the response. The second time I had a guy cussing me out. I'm a grown man of 37 long hard years. I don't let 17 year old kids talk to me like a piece of trash. It's happened back then and since then tons of times. Most of the time, as you know, no admin is ever present to attend to these sorts of issues. If that doesn't count for an exception I don't know what would.

Being muted disrupts the game so much that you can't even have casual conversations with friend and foe alike. I know what it's like to deal with these issues myself for I was a server admin (of my own server) for years.

Your call. I think your a reasonable person, recalling our conversation a long while back.
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 22:56    Post subject:  

Aye, i was muted but then un-muted Very Happy
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 02:18    Post subject:  

Being 37 years old, you should learn to rise above the trash and not lower yourself to their standards, its just a game.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
xciteful

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 02:50    Post subject:  

I agree and have on many occasions. There are times though when it's about respect. It's hard enough to gain any meaningful respect via a game online but it can be done. HL2 DM is a great game but the players are some of the most rude people I've ever met online. Almost everywhere you go you've got to contend with someone running their mouths, cussing etc. As I stated above, I ran my own Enemy Territory servers for a few years and we never had to deal with the same level of or lack thereof, of respect. At times though people will listen and you can make friends out of a bad situation. I simply want that ability again. I'd rather talk nicely to someone than to get into a stupid cursing match online. And I must say it again, since I've been muted, I've been cursed at, ridiculed, admonished and had some of the most terrible things said IN GAME at me. Where's the justice in all this?
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 03:04    Post subject:  

being cussed it really sucks dude but you don't feed the fire. The more they cuss,the more you beat them up. They will reach the quota and get muted.
No matter what,I think Hl2dm is fairly clean compared to CS, or as cabbage previously mentioned ages ago people on the playstation or xbox live networks.

I hope a decision comes to resolve your current issue but keep your cool and let the gameplay talk. It's really a game after all, and words don't hurt if you don't let it get to you.

My you humilate and headshot again with the freedom of speech enabled.

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17    Post subject:  

Shimmy_TSGK wrote:
being cussed it really sucks dude but you don't feed the fire. The more they cuss,the more you beat them up. They will reach the quota and get muted.
No matter what,I think Hl2dm is fairly clean compared to CS, or as cabbage previously mentioned ages ago people on the playstation or xbox live networks.

I hope a decision comes to resolve your current issue but keep your cool and let the gameplay talk. It's really a game after all, and words don't hurt if you don't let it get to you.

My you humilate and headshot again with the freedom of speech enabled.

Xbox Live and PS3 networks show plentiful examples of abuse. Infact im sure people only buy mics on them systems to yell abuse at other people. I have never heard a clean conversation on either of them.

PC gaming is really quite tame in comparison. I get all the usual 'cheater' and 'hacker' comments from other players and I just ignore them. I really haven't got time to argue with kids, and I'd rather much just kill them and ignore them instead. By giving a response your justifiying there insult, and it also gives them reason to chat more stuff that you might not like. As they say, ignorance is bliss (and a .357 headshot just for good measure).

[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:18    Post subject:  

Quote:
I get all the usual 'cheater' and 'hacker' comments from other players and I just ignore them. I really haven't got time to argue with kids, and I'd rather much just kill them and ignore them instead.

Laughing :lol

When I get called a cheat I ask if they are new to the game and do they need any help learning how to play Wink

pelvio
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 16:07    Post subject:  

xciteful wrote:
I agree and have on many occasions. There are times though when it's about respect. It's hard enough to gain any meaningful respect via a game online but it can be done. HL2 DM is a great game but the players are some of the most rude people I've ever met online. Almost everywhere you go you've got to contend with someone running their mouths, cussing etc. As I stated above, I ran my own Enemy Territory servers for a few years and we never had to deal with the same level of or lack thereof, of respect. At times though people will listen and you can make friends out of a bad situation. I simply want that ability again. I'd rather talk nicely to someone than to get into a stupid cursing match online. And I must say it again, since I've been muted, I've been cursed at, ridiculed, admonished and had some of the most terrible things said IN GAME at me. Where's the justice in all this?

you should see xbox live if you think hl2dm has bad chat and haters.

i was in a similar situation - being muted can make you feel a little impotent when it comes to other people talking rubbish to you. but let your game do the talking. keep killing them and if you can't, just tell yourself you may be having a bad game day and switch off. the game will still be there tomorrow and the haters probably won't. also i only play on a few select servers now as i know the others there are mainly for the game and not the silly talk. don't get sucked in to trying to change or reason with people who are simply there to cause trouble. if you rise above it and concentrate on your game, not only will your game improve but you'll feel better for it.

basically do this:

or this
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 19:47    Post subject:  

If only there was another form of communicating ingame besides text.

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 20:24    Post subject:  

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
If only there was another form of communicating ingame besides text.

1 Stun stick round the head for yes, 2 stunsticks around the head for no, if they don't respond, hit them again. Laughing Laughing

Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
Jump to: