TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 16:55
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Nice Mice
Page 1 of 4 [103 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 15:01    Post subject:  Nice Mice  

We don't actually have a specific thread for mice. My Mickey Mouse is the Razer Deathadder which is very nice.

However, I've big hands Wink and the Deathadder may be a bit small for me. This mouse looks very nice and reminds me of the good old logitech mice which perfectly fitted my hands.

http://www.cybersnipa.com/eu/products/stinger-gaming-mouse.php

*coming soon... 'Nice Keyboards'!

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Freetux

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 15:04    Post subject:  

I've never understood the whole idea of gaming mice. I've used some generic laser mouse for the last two and a half years and never have I felt it was holding me back.

Last edited by Freetux on Mon Oct 20, 2008 16:00; edited 1 time in total
Rublis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 15:50    Post subject:  

[KC] Rafadagaffer wrote:
I've never understood the whole idea of gaming mice. I've used some generic laser mouse for the last two and a half years and never have a I felt it was holding me back.

same here, but my good old mice is in better place now Sad

i got Logitech mx518. it is actually almost like that crap mouse, but this one doesn't spin all the time Cool

Last edited by Rublis on Mon Oct 20, 2008 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 15:51    Post subject:  

Used up to 7 differents mice since i'm playing HL2dm.

The first one was a Compaq mouse, 2 buttons, mechanical, wired, then after months of game it broken down (couldn't click any more), had to replace it with another one urgently, that time it was a generic mouse called Simbasi at $4, still mechanical, 2 buttons and a roll (but not clickcable), wired, probably the favorite mouse that friends love to see me play with, because i couldn't aim to the right, so i had to do a full 360° to the left, to kill someone on my right. Life time was probably a couple of weeks then the ball just get out of it, but i could still click.
Got a logitech wireless mouse after that, mechanical, 2 buttons and a clickable roll, battery was dying fastly and if i remember this mouse finished at approximativly 150 km/h on the floor, that was the last time i experienced wireless mouse, too dangerous.

It was the time for a revolution, as i got an Optical mouse, Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0, 2 buttons and clickable roll, wired of course.
Later there was all this gaming mince euphoria, so, i get caugh by the mouvement for a couple of minute, put the basic one a bit away, then got a Razer Diamond Back, was ok, big, complex, too many buttons, shiny, used it for 1 week then gave it to a friend, get back to my Basic Optical.
I gave a try to another one of these gaming mice, this time it was the Copperhead, less shiny, a bit smaller was ok, used it 2 days and gave it to another friend, got back to the Optical Basic mouse, then as a last moment of disapointement, i got the Deathadder, small, not too shiny, not too complex, was ok, used it 1 day, gave it to my parents as they were looking for a new mouse.
Back to the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0, which still there after ~2 years of service.
compaqmouse.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   11.57 KB
 Viewed   1043 Time(s)

compaqmouse.jpg

simbasimouse.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   84.85 KB
 Viewed   1119 Time(s)

simbasimouse.JPG

razer-diamondback.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   15.15 KB
 Viewed   1260 Time(s)

razer-diamondback.jpg

razer-copperhead.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   10.56 KB
 Viewed   1083 Time(s)

razer-copperhead.jpg

razer-deathadder.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   28.07 KB
 Viewed   1244 Time(s)

razer-deathadder.jpg

basicopticalmouse.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   7.25 KB
 Viewed   957 Time(s)

basicopticalmouse.jpg

Cynyx

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 16:42    Post subject:  

4 mice since i have started to play HL2DM :

Simple Cordless Logitech mouse : mechanical, no reaction
MX1000 (cordless) : big, not enough reaction, expensive and finally ... crap.
MX518 : my best mouse ever in my opinion ...
G9 : my current mouse, expensive with useless features (u can change the color of LED of the mouse !) ... not bad, not good.

I really think no mouse can increase skills ... and even I remember it's a pain to change mouse (time to be trained with it) ...

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 17:05    Post subject:  

I first used some mouse with 3 buttons (2 top, 1 left side). WHich I loved becuase it mean't I could assign sprint to that which made it alot easier to sprint around whilst shooting. That broke after a fit of rage, and was replaced with the next one.

My next one was some Microsoft Intellimouse (Wired, OPtical) for a about 1 year and a half. Trouble was it was only two buttons which mean't I had to move sprint somewhere, and I ended up sticking it on my Mouse Wheel click. that really messed up my gampleay for about a month, rhen the right mouse button started sticking (Over use of SMG spam and Orbs) which made hl2 practically unplayable for catching nades and stuff.

I then went onto a Microsoft Comfort mouse which was pretty similar to my last one, but I couldn't get used to having my Sprint back on my 3rd mouse button (The mouse wheel click was crap so I couldn't use thatr for sprint), so I went back to my Intellimouse, which started clicking again after abit of bashing and swearing. Its starting to stick again now though, so I dunno what I am going to do, cry maybe. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 17:09    Post subject:  

My last 4 rodents have been :

microsoft IntelliMouse 1.1 ( slow and only 3 buttons )

logitech MX518 ( a great mouse but worn out ... still used on spare PC )

Razer Deathadder ( A really cool mouse but to small for my hands )

Logitech G5 ( the same shape as my loved MX518 )

The MX518 is a great mouse and Deathadder and G5 are only slightly better... you can get a mx518 really cheap as well.
31N7ENCV2ZL__AA280_.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   6.61 KB
 Viewed   991 Time(s)

31N7ENCV2ZL__AA280_.jpg

logitech_mx518.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   25.93 KB
 Viewed   1042 Time(s)

logitech_mx518.jpg

razer_deathadder_1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   19.96 KB
 Viewed   1055 Time(s)

razer_deathadder_1.jpg

logitech_g5_mouse_pc_image-711243.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   5.18 KB
 Viewed   1031 Time(s)

logitech_g5_mouse_pc_image-711243.jpg

Balle_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 17:30    Post subject:  

I'm quite satisfied with my Logitech G5. It's the "new" version with 2 thumb buttons, which I use for crowbar/stunstick and gravgun. It also has buttons to the left and right when you flip then scroll wheel to the sides - I use those for zoom and reload.
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 17:32    Post subject:  

31N7ENCV2ZL__AA280_.jpg in Mics Pics (1 @ top), that's my baby, god I love it Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Nutz

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 19:22    Post subject:  

My old standby. I am on my second one after 1 year of DM, and I am not sure I could change because I like the larger size and the location of all the buttons.
49954-d5800028.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   4.7 KB
 Viewed   796 Time(s)

49954-d5800028.jpg

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 19:40    Post subject:  

Ah memory lanes!

Since I started to play hl2dm I've gone through 2 dell mice (they were fine but died), an mx518 (good mouse but not long lasting in my hands) and the deathadder. While I need buttons on the side, I've never used the addtional functionality - macros etc.

My most favourite mouse ever was the logitech cordless mouseman wheel. While it's completely unsuitable for modern fps I refuse to ever let it go into the dustbin.

Look at her. The slender curves, the subtle shape, the bold arching back... perfect fit for my hand. Ever since, I've been searching for another the mouse with the same shape... but I fear she's unique.

Ahh, isn't she beautiful?
IMG_1219.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   52.11 KB
 Viewed   1054 Time(s)

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   55.36 KB
 Viewed   1019 Time(s)

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   66.49 KB
 Viewed   1083 Time(s)

IMG_1217.JPG

nex7one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 19:57    Post subject:  

I myself used to play with a Logitech MX1000 that I sold to a friend (I'm not as generous as Osiris_TSGK), then I changed for a Razer Deathadder for the reasons mentionned above by Cynyx about the MX1000.

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
Ahh, isn't she beautiful?

Teamscorpion_TSGK and I, both found the best mice ever in one of our class rooms, forgotten behind a computer:
SP_A0125 [Résolution de l'écran].jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   170.08 KB
 Viewed   1008 Time(s)

SP_A0125 [Résolution de l'écran].jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 20:00    Post subject:  

1: optical 2 button mouse with scrollwheel. used it 4 years till it broke.

2: MX518, was good but too big. being used by the family now.

3: G5, better than the MX518 but still the same size. also being used in the family now.

4: G9. the mouse I use now, I use it without the grip attachments that came with it. that way its as small and even smaller than most basic mice. I had to put in all possible weight into the weight cartridge so that it wasn´t too light. my aim has immediately gotten better with it after starting to use it because its so small and fits well in my hand. I think I have found the optimal mouse for me with the G9.

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 20:31    Post subject:  

first when half life first came out
i used the logitech mx500
then the razer diamondback which was excellent!
then the logitech g5 (it was so hard for me to get used to it)
then the logitech g9 (it was awesome to get used to it)
then the razer lachesis ( i think is the best mouse out there) but need to be used with the destructor mousepad as all other mousepads are too frictionful and it's harder to use the mouse then

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

nex7one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:02    Post subject:  

Quote:
then the razer lachesis ( i think is the best mouse out there) but need to be used with the destructor mousepad as all other mousepads are too frictionful and it's harder to use the mouse then

Ah yes the Lachesis, I never have been so disapointed of something I bought at a such price. Used it for one week, definitly banned. I didn't even know how to put my hand on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:48    Post subject:  

You lot have got to much money Wink

I 1st played with a microsoft wireless optical mouse, was good but with the battery dieing on me mid session it had to go.

Have had the mx518 which is a nice size for me (you lot must have tiny hands) and my game improved with having 2 extra weapons easily available with the thumb side buttons. Don't plan to change it at

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:49    Post subject:  

nex7one wrote:
Quote:

Ah yes the Lachesis, I never have been so disapointed of something I bought at a such price. Used it for one week, definitly banned. I didn't even know how to put my hand on it.

Gently, Nex... do it gently.

Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 22:18    Post subject:  

nex7one wrote:
Quote:

it is a finger tip control mouse, so if you are a palm control person like the death adder which was the offspring of the microsoft/razer mouse the habu, then you wont like it. But razer is known for fingertip control more than palm control. but palm control is more popular in the cs world, in the quake world, it's fingertip control as it's the best type of mouse for high sensitivity players who are too lazy to move their hands hehe Very Happy

Lachesis FTW Very Happy

size comparison with some phones loik
2645297359_e6cbf8977e.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   152.8 KB
 Viewed   737 Time(s)

2645297359_e6cbf8977e.jpg

Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 22:20    Post subject:  

Started with a HP ball mouse and quickly destroyed that, then a HP optical mouse, didn't take as long to destroy that one (eventually did though) it would double click when you pressed a button once xD.

Then got the logitech G5 and it's still going strong, it really does move smoother than basic mice do, the G5 wheel/tilt wheel buttons need work they aren't quite right yet but the mouse is awesome as soon as it breaks I'm using the warranty for another one.
pelvio
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 22:34    Post subject:  

+ 1 for deathadder here. used to have the microsoft intellimouse one which was good, but when it gave up the ghost, i spent a lot of money on a "good gaming mouse".

could prob have got another intellimouse and saved $30 to spend on beer, but it's too easy to get caught up with the hype lol.
nex7one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 22:38    Post subject:  

Diet H2O_TSGK wrote:
nex7one wrote:
Quote:

Gently, Nex... do it gently.

It's the aftermath of holding the pinky finger in the air like if I was drinking tea while playing with a Lachesis during an hour, it has deeply hurt my mind!
Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:47    Post subject:  

I started out with a logitec tracker ball which for reasons I will not go into was the only option for playing at the time. They are amazing for aiming with.
When that disintegrated I was able to move on to a Fujitsu wired optical mouse which served me very well but alas died on me ( there is a poem about that posted somewhere in the TSGK archives)
I used a standard wireless optical mouse for a short time before I bought my first gaming mouse which was an el cheepo Trust Preditor. It lasted about 6 weeks but the asignable buttons were enough to allow me to concentrate on developing my bunny hop. I no longer had to think about keys for some quick weapon selects.
I liked that mouse. It felt good in my hand and and allowed me to make what was for me a quantum leap in my game play.
This was replaced by a Razer Diamondback which allowed even more quick weapon selects and enabled me to learn and use the nade/gg combo.
I am now on my second Diamondback although the first one is still ok but a bit worn.
I have limited mobility in my left hand and the gaming mouse made it possible for me to play alongside better players and enjoy it without a feeling of total inadequacy.

Zog

"You don't have to be mad to live on the planet Zog but it definitely helps"
Tharg of Zog
opti185
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 19:37    Post subject:  

I had

Logitech mx1000,mx518,g5 Cool
OCZ Equalizer Mad
Raptor M3 Laser Shocked
Razer Copperhead,Diamond Back 3g,DeathAdder Laughing

But my favorite mouse is the "Copperhead" in combination with Razer "exact mat" pad. Very Happy

Freetux

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 04:16    Post subject:  

My "leet" mouse
SP_A0031.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   46.85 KB
 Viewed   867 Time(s)

SP_A0031.jpg

nex7one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:24    Post subject:  

[KC] Rafadagaffer wrote:
My "leet" mouse

And with this you do 6 bullets 6 headshots.. Firms like Razer must hate you!
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 13:27    Post subject:  

nex7one wrote:
[KC] Rafadagaffer wrote:
My "leet" mouse

haaha indeed!

Freetux

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 14:23    Post subject:  

nex7one wrote:
[KC] Rafadagaffer wrote:
My "leet" mouse

I've never been able to find out the model number to buy another if it breaks. All I know is its made by some Chinese company called Chic

Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 02:47    Post subject:  

err ehm, nice mice from the 60's.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ohqY1UvkLtA

Zoggy
Controllerboy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Location: Ingelmunster, West of the Flanders, Flanders, Belgium
Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 18:44    Post subject:  

I started with a logitech mouse, was decent for everything non-gaming but don't really know how it was for gaming since I didn't do that back then Very Happy After that I bought a dell pc and got mouse with it. Started to play hl2dm a bit and when nade maeggs was training me once he told me to buy a razer diamondback so I did Smile it's an excellent mouse; the paint and fancy things are all gone and the white rubber turned yellow but I'm still very happy with it. I do think a better mouse can make you a better player but I think I shouldn't say this too loud since a lot of you guys play prety awesome with a basic mouse already Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
NiTRO

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 02:48    Post subject:  

I use a MX600, I love it and won't ever change it Very Happy
Page 1 of 4 [103 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Jump to: