TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Grav/Nade Help PLz!
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]  
Bromine
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 02:52    Post subject:  Grav/Nade Help PLz!  

Hey guys, I know a lot of u r nasty with the grav/nade combo. I was wondering what u guys do to get so good at this? Maybe a really good key setup or something. I think I have got really good at all the comat in this game sides for that combo. If anyone can give me some tips I will take any! Thanks!

Keeper_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 04:31    Post subject:  

I learned that I needed to use this combo while trying out with Osiris. I use Z for grenades and F for grav gun. Right click the grenade the second you throw it pull out grav gun and right click. Once the grenade is picked up with the grav gun its 5 second timer is started, you will kill yourself many times while learning how to use htis.
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:13    Post subject:  

I'm similar to Keeper.

I use "Q" for grenades and "F" for grav gun. Keeper's explained how to use it and you WILL kill yourself a lot but it becomes easier with practice. You do it this way 99% of time.

But, if you're ambitious...There is another way of using grenade gravgun combo. After throwing the grenade in front of you, instead of catching it with gravgun (secondary fire), aim grav gun at grenade and press primary fire. This will launch the grenade a great distance very quickly. This is handy if you want to grenade someone very far away. But it can also be inaccurate unless you get it just right.

Find a server where you don't mind making a fool of yourself and only play using grenades. You'll be surprised how quickily it comes to you. Good luck. Very Happy

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
federalic

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:28    Post subject:  

I always run with a grenade in my hand(in real life too-"rgd" Twisted Evil ) i press "Q" to get previous weapon(gravygun)... If i need another weapon(i prefer stuntstick at all times, when i have no grenades), i choose this weapon by pressing digits(1-5) Laughing
ICQ Number 
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 16:32    Post subject:  

I have grenade on F and gravgun on G. I also killed myself often while learning it. I played only with the grenade because that is the only way to learn it quick and effectively. you will sure miss other weapons but after you learn nades you will combine them and be able to kill some players very easily (gangster (0.9) for me as an example Cool ) that were hard to kill before. it took me 1 1/2 weeks for me to learn it so that I donīt blow up anymore.

Caryl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 16:41    Post subject:  

I use a different key configuration.

I throw the grenade with right click then I take my gravgun with mouse 3 and i catch the grenade.

I think this method is easy for beginner.

Spike
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 18:38    Post subject:  

I use the defualt 5 for nades and then mousewheel up for grav gun but i use secondary fire 2 throw lernt it with secondary and never tried to learn with primary eventhough its faster i think Question

Ask me for a sig/avatar and I will make you one
Plasmo_TSGK
TSGK Member

Location: In the loving embrace of the tomfoolery of 3 chimps and a legion of angry lapps
Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 23:36    Post subject:  

Quote:
Find a server where you don't mind making a fool of yourself and only play using grenades. You'll be surprised how quickily it comes to you. Good luck. Very Happy

How true. I started trying the grav/nade combo a couple days ago (making a fool of myself on TSGK servers) and can pull it off reasonably well. Too bad the rest of my game needs a bit of work (inconsistancy)! I have grenades and grav gun bound to mouse 4 and 5, switching between the two is just a thumbs press away.

Bromine
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 23:35    Post subject: THanks for the info  

I have been practicing the combo a lot lately. I use 2 for nades and G for Grav Gun. I tried moving grav gun to F but just doesnt work.. lol I am too used to hitting G. Anyways I can pull it off now and my KpD should definately be goin up. Not sure if Im ready for Osiris though...

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 00:07    Post subject:  

use F for nades, that way the two buttons are beside each other and its faster then reaching up to 2.

Bromine
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 13:09    Post subject: Makes sense  

Yea Lawitz that makes sense. Hard to change ur ways though... but I will try anyhow (:

[AgC]Cannon Fodder
BPH patient

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 14:04    Post subject:  

Not sure there is a best way, just find whats comfortable for you. Expect to commit suicide a lot while learning to judge how long you can hold it for. Once mastered, there's little more satisfying than taking out two or three in a mellee for the "Multikill" sound Very Happy

www.arcadegeneration.eu - Arcade Generation Clan

Blurpy the RABID!!!!
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 23:04    Post subject:  So Ya Wanna Know The Trick To Usin' Grenades Effectively, Eh
Subject description: The Ins and Outs of Being a Grenadier =D

Here's the dirty details of how to use the grav gun & the grenade to their fullest effect.

First off, the grenade can be tossed by hand in one of two ways: a hard throw (primary fire); and a very light toss (secondary fire). If you're crouching and press secondary fire, you'll roll the grenade across the floor instead of tossing it (can be very useful at times).

If you press secondary fire with the grenade and then immediately switch to the grav gun, you can snatch the 'nade out of the air before it touches the ground by using the grav's secondary fire function.

When you pick up the 'nade, it'll begin chirping. REMEMBER THIS COUNT SEQUENCE: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - BOOM!! It chirps 5 times; on the 6th "chirp," it will explode instead of chirping. It counts down quickly, so don't diddle around with the 'nade in your grav gun's clutches for too long. That is, unless, you're gonna kamikaze someone. =D

To get an idea of how many chirps to wait before launching the 'nade, all you can do is experiment and gain experience with it. As a good rule of thumb, wait 1 - 2 chirps for long-distance targets, 3 - 4 chirps for mid-range targets, and 4 - 5 chirps for close targets.

For REALLY long distance targets (like a camper at the health station with the green light at the top of killbox_tsgk_v6 and such maps), you can toss the 'nade in the air with secondary fire and switch to the grav gun *BUT!* instead of using secondary fire to grab the 'nade, just press primary fire IMMEDIATELY. If ya did it right, you'll hit the 'nade with the force of the grav gun's primary burst, and you'll send the 'nade clear across any TSGK killbox map!!

Now for the KEY secret with the grenade, know this - whenever you pick up a live 'nade off the ground with your grav gun, the 'nade's timer will reset. That's right, it'll start over, and you'll have 5 chirps to get rid of it! With this in mind, if you've found a good perch from which to snipe people with your 'nades and ya snatch up a 'nade in your grav gun, you can keep dropping and picking up the same 'nade without it blowing up in your face! Just don't let it roll between your legs or something equally stupid, 'cuz then you'll have fire shootin' up your ass. =P

Good luck to ya, chief. I hope these pointers help out anyone else who comes arcross this thread. =D
Bromine
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 03:43    Post subject: Thanks  

Thanks Blurpy! That was very well written responce! I have learned a lot from you guys! THAnkS!

Blurpy the RABID!!!!
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 23:00    Post subject: Re: Thanks  

Bromine wrote:
Thanks Blurpy! That was very well written responce! I have learned a lot from you guys! THAnkS!

Hey, no problem. I'm always happy to help out with the ol' grenade tricks. ^-^ Now if only TF2 would come out sooner so I can get my hands on my ol' grenade launcher.... (@_@)
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 22:17    Post subject:  

its acctualy pretty easy to use but i stick to the default.

i press left key then press G for the grav gun as fast as i can, sometimes doesnt work but who cares

you can do the same for Orbs!

Orb bursting is favourite technique

EDIT

Quote:
'nade in your grav gun's clutches for too long. That is, unless, you're gonna kamikaze someone. =D

HAHAHA i do that all the time! thats why i have so much suicides in my stats! i once killed 4 guys in a server once Smile
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Jump to: