TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » HL2 Help
problems with catalyst control center
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
Necromonger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 08:42    Post subject:  problems with catalyst control center  

Hi i hope everyone can help me . my englisch is not so good i hope you can understand it lol. i have problems with my catalyst contol center . yesterday i will play halflife and the game chrashed and the display was full of color snow
. my system says Command line interface have make a problem and must be closed , ihave look in internet i must install netframework 2.0 but i have install that i mean im not dumb lol, all the time it works good . the game chrashed after 10 min and the display was black or full of color snow and lost signal to monitor O_o i hope my graphiccard is not the problem , ithink not all other programms works. ty for help
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 09:03    Post subject:  

I assume your talking about a ati card, re install graphic card drivers usually works

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 14:09    Post subject:  

A - One Large Wrench
B - Some Brute Force

C = ??????????

A + B = C

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

On a side note i'd do what Borg says

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 14:47    Post subject:  

Confused Perfect timing because I also have some wired issues with my ATI X1600 since this morning. I use the pure Catalyst Driver without the Control Center though.

It started when I noticed that my Monitor won't awake from standby this morning. I had no choice and forced a rude reset (Power off/Power on). The Startup (POST, Raid initialising etc.) worked fine and the Windows Loading Screen appeared after some time. But then... the Monitor switched into crazy-mode and only showed farious-coloured vertical lines for some reason.

I'm using the latest Catalyst (8.6 i think) since some days and had no issues until this morning. Also the Windows-Safe-Mode seems to work fine.

Couldn't check it any further until now because I had to drive to work but I really hope it's only something Driver related and not the Hardware. Sad

Necromonger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 16:23    Post subject:  

Today i have no problems , i dont know what was the problem yesterday but ty Smile when i have problem again i install the driver new
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 16:30    Post subject:  

If you do a new install, only install the drivers without all the crappy software they supply with it. Its not needed (Unless you like the funky effects they supply with some of them).

Sounds like a Hardware issue to be honest mate, things don't start fucking up unless you launch in to a gfx intensive application like a game. If it fucks up from startup, start blaming the hardware.

Make sure the boards plugged in properly and screwed down into the computer (I have a habit of yanking out my sound card and video card by accident while my computers still switched on) as well (I spent half hour trying to figure out why my sound wasn't working only to find I hadn't plugged the sound card in properly).

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 17:54    Post subject:  

I have always used the controll center as i like to keep an eye on my temperatures pluss I find it easier to set up my graphics from the controll center tha ngoing through the windows stuff.
I have my wifes pc running the ati 1950 pro with controll center on vista 64 bit with no problems at all.
have you both looked to see if there is an updated driver out .

If there is no updated available then first uninstall the old driver and all of its components then reinstall it fro the ati web site.

Hope this hepls and you get it fixed...

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 19:49    Post subject:  

Thanks for all the advise.

I had only bad experiences with the ControlCenter in past. It slows the Startup and the whole Toaster down and uses too many Memory in my personal opinion. I dont need to change my Graphic-Settings often (15 fps are 15 fps Laughing) nor do I have to worry too much about the temperature. It works until it dies some day.

I'm going to check all the suggested stuff when i'm back from work and a Driver re-installation will hopefully fix it.

The Driver is original, actual and got newly installed a few days ago. Maybe and hopefully thats the reason. Wouldn't be the first fresh Catalyst Version that causes more pain then doing any good.

Aditionally I'll take care of the connections and swinging the Hover to get rid of the Dust. Laughing

In worst case I'll have to re-activate my good old GF5200 temporarely... as far as I can find it. Rolling Eyes

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 20:34    Post subject:  

I crash less with out the catalyst software, I only have the display graphic card driver installed.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 23:11    Post subject:  

Hers is the update.

Actually I run without any Graphic Driver because Windows just wont start up with any(!), even older, Driver Version. Whenever I download and install a new Catalyst Driver, it boots up until the Windows Start Screen comes up... then... "Out of Signal" Message from my Monitor.

Even the good old Catalyst 8.5, that worked well for me since quite some time, produces the same failure.

I really wonder what's the reason. Windows Desktop runs in my usual resolution of 1280*1024*32 as long I use the standard Windows Driver but anything else results in a dark Screen.

Even scrolling of any Site in Firefox tends to become a real adventure with the standard Driver. Laughing

I guess I will have to search my good old FX5200 and look for a nice AGP replacement card. Seen an Sapphire AGP X1650 with 512 MB for ~45€.

Freetux

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 00:27    Post subject:  

eXs|DanielAndres wrote:
Confused Perfect timing because I also have some wired issues with my ATI X1600 since this morning. I use the pure Catalyst Driver without the Control Center though.

It started when I noticed that my Monitor won't awake from standby this morning. I had no choice and forced a rude reset (Power off/Power on). The Startup (POST, Raid initialising etc.) worked fine and the Windows Loading Screen appeared after some time. But then... the Monitor switched into crazy-mode and only showed farious-coloured vertical lines for some reason.

I'm using the latest Catalyst (8.6 i think) since some days and had no issues until this morning. Also the Windows-Safe-Mode seems to work fine.

Couldn't check it any further until now because I had to drive to work but I really hope it's only something Driver related and not the Hardware. Sad

I had an X1600 die on me last week Danny. It started by doing some of the things you describe. I'd give it a check if I was you..

gtamike_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 15:01    Post subject:  

eXs|DanielAndres wrote:
Hers is the update.

Actually I run without any Graphic Driver because Windows just wont start up with any(!), even older, Driver Version. Whenever I download and install a new Catalyst Driver, it boots up until the Windows Start Screen comes up... then... "Out of Signal" Message from my Monitor.

Even the good old Catalyst 8.5, that worked well for me since quite some time, produces the same failure.

I really wonder what's the reason. Windows Desktop runs in my usual resolution of 1280*1024*32 as long I use the standard Windows Driver but anything else results in a dark Screen.

Even scrolling of any Site in Firefox tends to become a real adventure with the standard Driver. Laughing

I guess I will have to search my good old FX5200 and look for a nice AGP replacement card. Seen an Sapphire AGP X1650 with 512 MB for ~45€.

I had a Sapphire card the drivers are not very well made, my friend had the same problem with Sapphire cards but he has vista.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3BA901DF57014CE8%21110&cid=3BA901DF57014CE8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 16:11    Post subject:  

gtamike123 wrote:
I had a Sapphire card the drivers are not very well made, my friend had the same problem with Sapphire cards but he has vista.

The actual one is also from Sapphire. It is (or was) a X1600 HDMI and worked without any problems until yesterday. I never used any customised or tweaked Drivers from Sapphire.

Always used (and will use) the original and stable Driver Releases directly from ATI. I'm usually not up for any Experiments in order to get 1.652 frames per second more.

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » HL2 Help
Jump to: