TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
Spectator Bug cheat
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]  
65 Impala SS

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 21:56    Post subject:  Spectator Bug cheat  

This kid does this on multiple servers. He must have some binds for spectate and uses them to disappear constantly on OW so he can get to the RPG.

And he laughs about it, says he is having fun F*** Off.

http://hl2mp.tsgk.com/index.php?mode=playerinfo&player=430760
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 22:43    Post subject: Re: Spectator Bug cheat  

65 Impala SS wrote:
This kid does this on multiple servers. He must have some binds for spectate and uses them to disappear constantly on OW so he can get to the RPG.

And he laughs about it, says he is having fun F*** Off.

http://hl2mp.tsgk.com/index.php?mode=playerinfo&player=430760

How exactly this player can get to the RPG by exploiting a bug from the spectator mode?
Going to spectator mode suicide the player, and then spawn him randomly on the map at spawnpoints when he joins a team back.

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 22:55    Post subject:  

Actualy there is some Engine bugs with the spec mmode Osiris.
I saw some other vid on css that uses a default server cfg. And you can BLOCK or Shoot players when thay see only your gun. And your Invincible.
But i thought Valve Fixd it

Example of css : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8aEJoRJvs

Its a Css one...still the engine is the same. ANd has same bugs. I hope this helps

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 23:05    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
I saw some other vid on css that uses a default server cfg. And you can BLOCK or Shoot players when thay see only your gun. And your Invincible.

Its a Css one...still the engine is the same. ANd has same bugs. I hope this helps

This example show nothing about something serious since the player can't shoot also it concern CSS with Deathmatch mode On only.

So, 65 Impala SS can you provide more information about this, that we may inquire and try to reproduce if possible then report to Valve or Plugin community if plugin related.
Thanks.

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 23:23    Post subject:  

He probably uses the spec mode until he Spawns at the closest point to the RPG (Any point at all?), at which point he proceeds to get it and Spam's away.

A favourite of mine, is trip mines, lots of them...... Place them under objects on way to RPG, place them under the RPG Mr. Green or do the thing that really pee's them off and Grav Nade them from below. I just suggest lots of SLAMS, lots and lots and lots, so much funnier when the player goes boom and they dont even see you, like my farts, the invisible killer.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Nutz

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 23:34    Post subject:  

StonedCabbage wrote:
like my farts, the invisible killer.

Laughing Laughing LMAO.

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 23:55    Post subject:  

StonedCabbage wrote:
He probably uses the spec mode until he Spawns at the closest point to the RPG (Any point at all?), at which point he proceeds to get it and Spam's away.

A favourite of mine, is trip mines, lots of them...... Place them under objects on way to RPG, place them under the RPG Mr. Green or do the thing that really pee's them off and Grav Nade them from below. I just suggest lots of SLAMS, lots and lots and lots, so much funnier when the player goes boom and they dont even see you, like my farts, the invisible killer.

If you spawn back from spectator mode you spawn from a spawnpoint, there is no spawn point at the RPG on dm_overwatch.

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 00:11    Post subject:  

Osiris_TSGK wrote:
StonedCabbage wrote:

If you spawn back from spectator mode you spawn from a spawnpoint, there is no spawn point at the RPG on dm_overwatch.

Yea I know, but the closest one is at the bottom of RPG which is the closest one to it, im just saying he may try to spawn at that one all the time so he hasn't got very far to travel to get to it. Ethier that or he just does it for his kpd and rank which again isn't acceptable (His stats don't really reflect that). Is there anyway we can stop the spec bug, like kicking a player if they spec more than 6 times during one map session. I personally only use Spec if I need a small break or im eating my tea and don't wanna leave game, any player using spec more than 6 times during one map makes it highly likely there Spec bugging to me. Then again checking his stats he has only joined Spec 6 times in the last 7 days. Confused Confused Confused Really need a demo to judge.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 00:52    Post subject:  

Osiris_TSGK wrote:
Freelancer wrote:

This example show nothing about something serious since the player can't shoot also it concern CSS with Deathmatch mode On only.

So, 65 Impala SS can you provide more information about this, that we may inquire and try to reproduce if possible then report to Valve or Plugin community if plugin related.
Thanks.

I will try to dig up some css forums about it... there was a vid where you could Block and Shoot people.

65 Impala SS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 03:08    Post subject:  

First, i noticed he just disappeared a few times and i knew he was using the spectate bug. You can't kill the guy, even at the RPG. if he see or hears you prime a nade or anything, he disappears. Granted, on a full server, he couldn't get back so easy from the nade spawn 2d floor.

Actually this kid was first on another OW HL2DM server that i thought was TSGK. He left and was on the TSGK server.

I tracked his name and low and behold, his events show him using the bug.
Not that he is any good but the way he flaunts his fun while others are trying to play...

Not a big deal to me. Probably not worth worrying about him, Just thought you should know.
i have seen folks use this bug but this kid was playin it and laughing about it.
{RiP}Judas.Priest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 06:14    Post subject:  

Sounds to me like this kid's a points manipulator. If he's too close to dying, he'll spec, then return to game. Voila, no points lost.

Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 08:27    Post subject:  

{RiP}Judas.Priest wrote:
Sounds to me like this kid's a points manipulator. If he's too close to dying, he'll spec, then return to game. Voila, no points lost.
yup. Darkmaster style Confused
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 13:53    Post subject:  

{RiP}Judas.Priest wrote:

We did fix that problem long time ago (a year ago), going to spectator mode while being alive trigger a suicide which cost -50 points to the player, not a problem for someone using the spectator mode once in a game, but cost a lot to a player abusing it in purpose.

This player maybe banned, but currently he doesn't have enough activity on the server to be considered as a spectator mode abuser.
Abusing the spectator mode in order to avoid being killed is enforced by a permanent ban.
Ex: http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2374

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 14:25    Post subject:  

does that mean I can get down to 0 points if I spec/join enough times? Very Happy

Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 15:33    Post subject:  

Lawitz wrote:
does that mean I can get down to 0 points if I spec/join enough times? Very Happy

And get banned after 3 days or at the 3th time, as everyday 0 points players are reseted to 1000, but if a player is reseted 3 times in a row he got banned automaticaly for points manipulation (we check the activity to be sure he was doing it in purpose and then lift or keep the ban).

65 Impala SS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 20:20    Post subject:  

Well, that explains why he was doing this on another server, because he can't rack up 102 - 38 without really playing the game on TSGK. So, great admin work!
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:42    Post subject:  

Case closed. Topic can be locked aswell. Smile Cheerz for the explenations Osi.
Cya Smile

Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
Jump to: