TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 21:31
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Suggestions
top 100?
Page 2 of 2 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Sadist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 15:46    Post subject:  

Zog Ecosse wrote:
This was not about the smg. Crying or Very sad

You get so far and then there is nobody wants to play sticks or physics. Its a kill box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On an ordinary map the rules are different.

Everyone should be allowed to choose whichever weapon they want, at any time, I shant be pulling out my stick everytime someone crows me just because its honorable, id rather shoot them in the face for being so personal.

And by assumption I think everyone should be allowed in Server I or any server, not just the top 100. Its about Newbies, and by assumption newbies use smg which I assume is what sparked the topic.
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 22:54    Post subject:  

Bad Idea in my opinion, the Top 100 is hard enough to get into as it is without alot of effort, u'd be excluding those that come on server I armed with an SMG and nothing else, great I wont miss them! But then you would be excluding TSGK players (Not everyone in TSGK is in the top100, aint checked), Good regular fun players and players that like a good game with TSGK in general.

1. [Aas mentioned b4 it will attract stats who**es just wanting higher points (Quite possibly messing the points system again, you end up with players with 50,000 - 60,000 points who play rarely just to keep there rank (high ranking players = more points to be won)).

2. Its taking the fun out of the game, as someone mentioned b4, it just takes it to that level of 'pro play', not fun like its mean't to be.

3. If your in the Top 100, you shouldn't worry about new players scratching at your back with the SMG, you should be able to take them out no problem, I used the SMG all the time when I first came online (1st few weeks of play), its the only weapon I cud use until i discovered the beauty of a Grav Gun. If every1 checks there stats I gurantee you the weapon your killed most with won't be the SMG at all.

If I want a Fun friendly game with no SMG, Ill wait till Sunday night for Server X, or Ill jump on KC's server (Always good players there, none off them whore the SMG, good games to be had). New players are always going to be around and there not going away, along with us they keep the game alive, alot of them play on TSGK servers because we good players, but we also have fun and that what counts, you know that becuase of the amount of players that come back to the servers.

I hope that packet gets lost forever in network oblivion
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 23:26    Post subject:  

I understand what your saying StonedCabbage, but server X is just for members and KC's is someone else's Wink Of the 30 servers it would be nice to have one server where all can play on, but has a slightly higher skill level to survive. By reducing starting ammo level it would make camping harder and tommy gun fans work harder for there kills.

StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 00:36    Post subject:  

yer i know but thats the equivalent of starting with 3 mag rounds instead of ur usual 6, just cus we dont use them weapons dont mean its fair to drop the ammo usage just to please ourselves, we can choose not 2 use the smg ourselves, but we cant impose it on other players or semi impose it by lowering there ammo count....I'd complain like a women on her period if it was the other way round like dropping one of my favourite weapon ammo counts (Plus to drop the ammo count I think it has to be done through changing the Map properties in Hammer, and thats alot of maps to change)

Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 01:22    Post subject:  

So... an smg user lasts long enough on server 1 to reload? Shocked

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 13:37    Post subject:  

Diet said

Quote:
So... an smg user lasts long enough on server 1 to reload?

The problem is that they all don't run out of ammunition at the same time. Sad
And, thats not to mention the ar2 which is equally as bad.

Believe it or not, I am actually a ranked player on some servers. After the first five mins of play some of the box figure out it is fatal to come anywhere near me and either resort to potshots or smg spray. If you are ranked this is something you have to learn to live with, especially on popular servers.
I would not change this or exclude these players. They need to learn and they are not going to stuck on a server where the general skill level is not much above that of the smg.

Yes, I do use the smg. There is nothing I like better than emptying a full magazine in the face of a camper Laughing

Zog

"You don't have to be mad to live on the planet Zog but it definitely helps"
Tharg of Zog
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 14:39    Post subject:  

You have gone off the point here, the original post was to make 1 server a little bit special, the following posts basically said lets not cut out the newer players. I'm suggesting a compromise cut down with starting ammo which will please the "top 100" but don't take out the smg. This way both sides can still play and be a little less annoyed with each other.

arjen

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 17:00    Post subject:  

It’s definitely bad idea. This game has enough bugs to discourage new players, don’t make another barrier.
I know that newbies with smg are sometimes annoying. But playing with top players is the best way for them to improve.
I remember when I started play hl2dm. I was one of these noobs spamming the whole map with smg Embarassed
But I’ve made big progress from that time. Some of you from TSGK and other clans gave me hard lessons how to play. Now I’m in top 50 but I don’t feel I’m the best and sometimes I really suck. Enjoy your game and don’t care about points Smile
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 17:52    Post subject:  

arjen wrote:
It’s definitely bad idea. This game has enough bugs to discourage new players, don’t make another barrier.
I know that newbies with smg are sometimes annoying. But playing with top players is the best way for them to improve.
I remember when I started play hl2dm. I was one of these noobs spamming the whole map with smg Embarassed
But I’ve made big progress from that time. Some of you from TSGK and other clans gave me hard lessons how to play. Now I’m in top 50 but I don’t feel I’m the best and sometimes I really suck. Enjoy your game and don’t care about points Smile

You think HL2DM has bugs?

You should see Crysis, yet i and many still play it

its not about the bugs :\
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:03    Post subject:  

arjen wrote:

There's 29 other servers for them to smg'ed the place down and learn the basics. I'm not suggesting banning the smg, just reducing from 2 clips to 1 and ONLY on server I. Then they have to move to get more smg ammo, thus learning about movement etc

arjen

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:15    Post subject:  

DrBreen wrote:

You think HL2DM has bugs?

You should see Crysis, yet i and many still play it

its not about the bugs :\

Yes, I think HL2DM has bugs. Don't know about Crysis but it's a new game and certainly is still updated, HL2DM is not.
And I think that new players aren't happy when they have 5 crashes per round, not to mention about other bugs. Look at steam forum and at these complaints about HL2DM.

Sniperborg wrote:
There's 29 other servers for them to smg'ed the place down and learn the basics. I'm not suggesting banning the smg, just reducing from 2 clips to 1 and ONLY on server I. Then they have to move to get more smg ammo, thus learning about movement etc

I'm not talking about smg usage. I'm against top 100 server. Maybe your idea is good Smile
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:56    Post subject:  

I crash 3 times a day..10 maximum...it mostly Depends on the HARDWARE,and how much you mess with your System Rolling Eyes
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 22:25    Post subject:  

You missed my point.. arjen

its not about the bugs, What can possibly be worse than the bugs that crysis has?

Valve has better things to do rather than fix hitboxes (a bit annoying, but SMG gets the job done? lol)

If someone really likes the game's gameplay, they wont quit the game because of the bugs, they will quit the game because they think the game is shit, thats why
eXs|DanielAndres

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 23:37    Post subject:  

Whats next. Lifting all server passwords because "everyone should be allowed to spray and spawnkill everywhere" as the William Wallace's aka Braveheart's just mentioned?

I see no harm done in having 1 (out of many more) halfway restricted server. It's milder then a passworded server because everyone can manage the access by its own. Simply reach the required place by playing more/better (or both) and you're allowed to connect.

Top 100 isnt even set in stone for our server. It was just a good point to start at but basically it was ment to be an exclusive place for the regular players. I would have preferred to judge this on the connection time for example but it offers only triggering by rank actual. There is a connection tough.

It's an additional server for the regular (in this case top 100) players to stay on their own if they want to. There is nothing special on the server itself. Same maps, same gravity etc. the only difference is the privacy.

New players who join there get disconnected with the message: "Not a Top 100 player". They are able to change this on their own and "get their key" on the 5 other offered and public servers.

At the end of the day its the serverowners decision to offer a passworded, public, top100 or even none server and it should be taken as privilege to play at any server as long the rules are respected and the requirements are fullfilled. It was never - and wont be ever a personal right to play on someones server.

It was about HL2DM and not Amnesty International when I checked it last time.
Biffjab

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 21:21    Post subject:  

All I can say is its a bit funny how some people think TSGK are about to pay for a server which some of their own members cant join , however you never know.

PrinZe

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13    Post subject:  

Well , it's a good idea!
Phat Bacon

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 00:45    Post subject:  

Biffjab wrote:
All I can say is its a bit funny how some people think TSGK are about to pay for a server which some of their own members cant join , however you never know.

lmao , kind of ironic isnt it? xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger 
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 01:48    Post subject:  

well Paht won;t have a problem, whos no 1 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Phat Bacon

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 03:06    Post subject:  

oh come now Very Happy

i wont be here long. ill probably lose it again >.>

XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger 
Page 2 of 2 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Suggestions
Jump to: