TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eXs|DanielAndres
April 29 1978 (46 year old)
Freelancer
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Hahahahahaha
April 29 1971 (53 year old)
Juize_TSGK
April 27 1989 (35 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Spitfire
April 27 1991 (33 year old)
TeamScorpion
April 24 1991 (33 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Tue 23 Apr 2024 Wed 24 Apr 2024 Thu 25 Apr 2024 Fri 26 Apr 2024 Sat 27 Apr 2024 Sun 28 Apr 2024 Mon 29 Apr 2024

Birthday TeamScorpion  

Birthday Freelancer  
Birthday Juize_TSGK  
Birthday Spitfire  

Birthday eXs|DanielAndres  
Birthday Hahahahahaha  
The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 08:43
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Admins... good or bad?
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:08    Post subject:  Admins... good or bad?  

For once, a serious discussion by me...

I like roaming around servers. It's good to play with different players and see different maps. One thing that really, really makes me angry are bad admins. Mad

On five occasions over the weekend I observed admins abusing their power (two of the occasions involved me). I really don't get it - it's like the power gets to their heads. One admin consistently changed the map whenever he was being beaten until he found a map where he could win. Another admin blasted people for infringements (without warning or querying the circumstances of the kill) etc etc. Even servers which I thought were fun & friendly have the odd plonker with admin rights acting like a spoilt child.

Funny, I notice that those servers with loads of "rules" tend to be the worse offenders. It's like they'll give admin rights to any clan member to ensure that rules are enforced.

It's one of the reasons I like TSGK servers... admin rights are very limited (I think) and admin interventions are rare. You let players get on with the game.

It happened so regulary over the weekend that I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is me? Embarassed

Hopefully, it's not me so I would be interested to hear if any of you get p'd off with some admins. Your views , and examples (of both good and bad) welcome but please no names. Don't want this to be a slagging match. Neutral

A sad a weary Diet.

Two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen with all the fat taken out
federalic

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 14:20    Post subject:  

Hi, Diet. This is not only your problem. I have the same when i haven`t played on TSGK servers(two mounths ago). But now i haven`t this trouble at all,bcz i play on TSGK and friendly clan`s servers.
ICQ Number 
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 18:10    Post subject:  

Administrate a server isn't an easy task, and this status shouldn't be in everykind of hand.
Our admins at TSGK have all the rights, but they know how to use each of them and how to avoid using them (this is the difference with others clans servers), also they have self-control and no inferiority issue on their personal life, this is the key for a fair server administration Smile
Kick or ban should be something to use as the extreme solution.

And, something the most of the admins never understand is:
That they considere their server as their own land with their own rules that everyone should follow or get banned (police state, kingdom).
They didn't considere their server as a welcome land for the players, where the guests must feel at home and should be treated with full respect.

But anyway, everyone is free to administrate server at his own flavor but player are also free to don't taste it if they don't like it.
Power is nothing on an empty server Cool

Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 18:19    Post subject:  

Wow. This realy freaks me out...
I never experienced this abusing thing, but I am sure that it would really piss me off Shocked .

I dont even really know what a admin is capable off. What is his function?
Maybe someone can explain that to me? I am a little new to this so I dont actually know how these guys can totaly ruin a game... Embarassed

Maybe I am just a real DuMBaZz Rolling Eyes
Keeper_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 22:28    Post subject:  

Osiris_TSGK wrote:
no inferiority issue on their personal life,

After playing Osiris 1v1, I gained this issue, and thus I am not an admin Twisted Evil
Captain Pikpik_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 23:27    Post subject: ban
Subject description: 2 times

I've been banned from two different HL2 DM servers because I was winning the game... ( Before to be a TSGK ).

Lauft ! Weil der Meister uns gesandt / Verkünden wir den Untergang !
Der Meister - Rammstein Twisted Evil
[el] Gringo

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 00:10    Post subject:  

Osiris_TSGK wrote:

And, something the most of the admins never understand is:
That they considere their server as their own land with their own rules that everyone should follow or get banned (police state, kingdom).
They didn't considere their server as a welcome land for the players, where the guests must feel at home and should be treated with full respect.

yes thats the truth man it is no personal playground it has to be accesable for everyone thats why i do not restrict the smg =) but sometimes its hard to play clean and not to kick or burn or whatever, if i'm gettin pissed of by bad gameplay or whatever i will leave my own server... no problem

you always have to warn guys before you kick or bann them if they do too many spawnkills or whatever... i mostly use my admin console to play sounds, thats all... i have never kicked or banned players!

and you cpt. pikpik i guess the guys who banned you must have dropped their pants when they see you! its really hard to fight with you but always fun because you play fair and clean! i like that very much, beein some awesome player with no need for excuses =)

btw come and visit us more often, i want your clan high in stats Wink and some good gamers bringin it on sometimes =) but hey some of you visit sometimes... hehe THX !

{el] N1 Killbox Server custom maps by [el]
85.114.129.133:27215

(sry for that little advert) Wink

ICQ Number 
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 14:19    Post subject:  

Thanks folks for the posts. It cheered me up knowing that I wasn't the only one... Cool

I think you have hit the nail on the head re admins thinking it's their own land. They fail to appreciate that players are 'guests'. Perhaps a useful analogy is somebody inviting a guest into his/her home. The home owner expects the guest to be polite and gracious. But the guest also expects a welcoming host!

Spike - an admin is someone with rights on a server. Those rights often come with some useful powers e.g. banning players, killing players, map decisions etc. Admins are needed and have a tough job. They can get some abuse themselves which they certainly don’t have to put up with. Unfortunately they sometimes go overboard. Osiris’ point about inferiority complexes is extremely accurate as is the fact that people will vote with their feet and not play on servers with abusive admins. I find that the more rules a server/clan has the more admins, the more problems...

If you haven't come across bad admins then that's a good sign - it means you're playing on good servers.

Most of the time I'm only a witness and not personally involved. I’ve never been banned except once… and that was a mate banning me by accident (he was a bit drunk). Maybe the reason why it annoys me so much is that it reminds me of the kid in the playground who owns the football and will only let people play with it if they obey him. Those types end up playing with themselves (pun intended). Wink

I must change my favourites and include the good clans I meet on TSGK. And El Gringo, leaving your own server when you don't like the way a game is being played shows you have class Cool .

Thanks again

A more cheerful Diet H2O

Spike
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 18:30    Post subject:    

Diet H2O wrote:
Spike - an admin is someone with rights on a server. Those rights often come with some useful powers e.g. banning players, killing players, map decisions etc. Admins are needed and have a tough job. They can get some abuse themselves which they certainly don’t have to put up with. Unfortunately they sometimes go overboard. Osiris’ point about inferiority complexes is extremely accurate as is the fact that people will vote with their feet and not play on servers with abusive admins. I find that the more rules a server/clan has the more admins, the more problems...

Question Me why me? what did i do wrong? am i an admin? i knew all that stuff anyway Question

Ask me for a sig/avatar and I will make you one
Diet H2O_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 18:46    Post subject:  

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG - So sorry. I meant Knife, I meant knife. What do I do now? I can't amend my previous post as that will make your post look odd. Confused

Perhaps this is why I'm having problems with admins. I should be banned. Embarassed

Spike
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 18:50    Post subject:  

Diet H2O wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG - So sorry. I meant Knife, I meant knife. What do I do now? I can't amend my previous post as that will make your post look odd. Confused

Perhaps this is why I'm having problems with admins. I should be banned. Embarassed

lol don't worry np atleast you got the right clan Razz i will just have to humiliate you on servers more Twisted Evil

Ask me for a sig/avatar and I will make you one
Knife
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 21:13    Post subject:  

lol. Thx Diet Wink .
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: