TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
cheating versus swearing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]  
Biffer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 19:02    Post subject:  cheating versus swearing
Subject description: are priorities in order

well what can I say...i have played TSGK for the last 2 nights and encountered opponents who do not die despite 4 radiators in the face or even 3 xbows. If this is the case, and obviously it is, aren't players more likely to express their disgust in more basic terms which in turn will provide muteness to themselves, when the true "crimials" remain at large. It is to be honest a crock of shite because while there is no doubt the language detector is working [i am absolute proof], the true renegades just go around in a state of cheating invincibilty. What are the priorities of TSGK? Fair players or those provked to profanity by cheating wankers???????????? Evil or Very Mad
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 19:19    Post subject: Re: cheating versus swearing

Biffer wrote:
well what can I say...i have played TSGK for the last 2 nights and encountered opponents who do not die despite 4 radiators in the face or even 3 xbows. If this is the case, and obviously it is, aren't players more likely to express their disgust in more basic terms which in turn will provide muteness to themselves, when the true "crimials" remain at large. It is to be honest a crock of shite because while there is no doubt the language detector is working [i am absolute proof], the true renegades just go around in a state of cheating invincibilty. What are the priorities of TSGK? Fair players or those provked to profanity by cheating wankers???????????? Evil or Very Mad

For your information, invincibility doesn't exist as a cheat for this game execpt on a "sv_cheats 1" server which is oviously not the case of our servers.

Caught cheaters is a public list at TSGK and can be found there:
http://hl2mp.tsgk.com/index.php?mode=cheaters&game=hl2mp

This is a lot more than muted players and that may answer your question about our priority.

We understand your frustration of being muted and that's your own responsabilities but a good recommendation would be to stop whining about it on this forum since your mute isn't a false positiv and there is no chance that we remove your mute (especialy after all the blabla you made about it).
Thanks.

MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 21:37    Post subject:  

Hey Biffer.. This game is much more complected then meets the eye. I'm sure all players have experienced shooting another player with 3 radiators and the player not dyeing / or shotting the player with the mag at the head (you even get a blood splatter) but the player on their end gets nothing. It doesn't necessarily mean they are cheating.. and to that player they may not even know what it looked like on your end. I have played games where players seem invincible.. I can't explain why it happens but it does and it's nothing to get upset about. The game is not perfect simple as that.

Also.. just because another player looks like they are cheating don't take it personally and no need to start and argument. Just RELAX.
Ghost Dog_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 21:40    Post subject: Re: cheating versus swearing

Biffer wrote:
opponents who do not die despite 4 radiators in the face or even 3 xbows.

I would really like to see a demo of this :/
Plasmo_TSGK
TSGK Member

Location: In the loving embrace of the tomfoolery of 3 chimps and a legion of angry lapps
Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 22:05    Post subject:  

I don't really have anything else to add here, as Meek's post sums it up very well. But I will say this, it is possible to survive multiple xbow shots, as the xbow only does 100 damage (i.e. a fully armored target could survive 2 shots). And if you do suspect someone of cheating, get a demo of them and their steamID otherwise your claims are baseless and you come off as a whiny little punk.
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 00:55    Post subject:  

its possible to sustain infinite crossbow shots if you get shot at a special angle. for example if someone is standing on a platform and you shoot up from below the arrows just go through them. its a weird bug but valve doesn´t have to care much about it because it can only be seen on killbox.

Biffer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 03:03    Post subject: impossible kill  

I am glad that my topic has provoked several responses but ultimately they refer to x bow death dodging and not radiators in the face!. Osiris, I accept my punishment and don't need your condescending comments about whining, especially when it is clear that your control freak attitude is the most important thing in your world. Ban me if u like but don't judge me by your own incredulous mindset! And Tomato, if I do come across as "a whiney little punk" then it is clear that your americanised diction says everything I need to know about your uneducated opinion. At least MeekMeekle seems to understand the problem and yes I will relax when people stop behaving like governmental officionados!
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 03:25    Post subject:  

His childish grande finaly with even more blablabla (frustration's side effect of being muted probably, interesting).
Glad to see that the Auto-Mute system is really reliable.
We wish him a nice continuation somewhere else.

Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 04:43    Post subject:  

There are lots of things that happen in game that do not obey the laws of physics. If you happen to be on the receiving end the natural instinct is to say foul play accompanied by foul language.

At the end of the day, those who create the game try their best to make it as realistic as possible. However they are constrained by by the rules which govern the construction of a map and also what makes the game run in the first place.
A large object has a position defined by co-ordinates. When moving, the larger the object the more complicated the the mathematics and the more computing power required to define its trajectory. A large object such as a radiator is not as solid is it appears. It is possible to run into (inside) solid objects. A hit may therefore not be what it seems.

Additionally, lag plays a big part in apparent kills which don't happen. With my old 512k connection and a less sophisticated system, I was possible to hit a player several times in the head with no result. The player simply was not there.

I have numerous screen shots of things that just are not possible in the real world. We all have to accept that these thing happen and get on with enjoying the game.

Zog

"You don't have to be mad to live on the planet Zog but it definitely helps"
Tharg of Zog
[DOH] Mick

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 06:02    Post subject:  

I think the way that lag treats us is unfair and we should mute lag for being mean to all the new players Laughing

The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 08:45    Post subject: Re: impossible kill  

Biffer wrote:
I am glad that my topic has provoked several responses but ultimately they refer to x bow death dodging and not radiators in the face!. Osiris, I accept my punishment and don't need your condescending comments about whining, especially when it is clear that your control freak attitude is the most important thing in your world. Ban me if u like but don't judge me by your own incredulous mindset! And Tomato, if I do come across as "a whiney little punk" then it is clear that your americanised diction says everything I need to know about your uneducated opinion. At least MeekMeekle seems to understand the problem and yes I will relax when people stop behaving like governmental officionados!

Serveral people have posts with good answers. I play on a average connection and find at very close range physics objects pass straight through with no hit, but someone who's only a few inches further away kills me. Its an error of the game.
What i don't like about your reply is the rudeness of it, it shows you to be Uneducated and immiture. If you want to strike someone down with words, lowering the tone of conversation makes you look worse than the person your complaining about Exclamation

MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 09:27    Post subject:  

[DOH] Mick wrote:
I think the way that lag treats us is unfair and we should mute lag for being mean to all the new players Laughing

hahahaah Laughing YES .. let's all mute LAG .. that'll show LAG!
Plasmo_TSGK
TSGK Member

Location: In the loving embrace of the tomfoolery of 3 chimps and a legion of angry lapps
Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:22    Post subject: Re: impossible kill  

Biffer wrote:
And Tomato, if I do come across as "a whiney little punk" then it is clear that your americanised diction says everything I need to know about your uneducated opinion.

Sorry, bud. In the ways of Deathmatch, I can assure you that I am far more educated on the quirks that it presents than you are, or else you wouldn't be incessantly whining about it!

To put things in Plasmo's Realm speak: farewell

P.S. Your reading comprehension skills are top notch Wink

65 Impala SS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 23:11    Post subject:  

Lousy hit recognition, lag, poor aim, better players, ping... are not an excuse to act like a jerk.

What you are seeing in MPs is not always what you get.
Get used to it.

Also, Tomato Whiskey sounds positively disgusting!
A single Malt Scotch sounds better but makes a lousy moniker!.
Rammie

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 23:46    Post subject:  

Zog Ecosse wrote:
We all have to accept that these thing happen and get on with enjoying the game.

Zog

Very nice words!!! Just play the game for FUN, because it's a GAME!!!
Plasmo_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 08:35    Post subject:  

65 Impala SS wrote:

Also, Tomato Whiskey sounds positively disgusting!

I love you too Laughing ! Would be mighty interesting having a tomato whiskey though...But yeah, it would probably suck Very Happy

fluffy little thing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:49    Post subject:  

very often i'v chased a player shooting him seversl times with a magnum(or so i thought) hit him with an object and given up Shocked , turned round and shot a player once with the magnum and bingo hes dead, as zog said its the nature of the GAME, no ryme or reason for it , it happens Rolling Eyes

as for the swearing, the effort put into swearing should be saved for your ingame skills, there would be a lot more skillfull players about then Twisted Evil
Zog Ecosse

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:57    Post subject:  

65 Impala SS wrote

Quote:

I don't know about that, there are some cracking names for Malts.

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jhb/whisky/malts.html

And that is not a full list. Rolling Eyes

Zog
Hands Away From Michael J

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 13:26    Post subject:  

Hi Guys,

Well since been muted (I probably deserved it) I have started to play much better and raise my kpd to a respectable rate as well as break into the top 30 players in tsgk ranking.

So even though its not ideal to be muted, its made me play hell of alot better.

C ya
Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 14:55    Post subject:  

GO ALEX! GO ALEX!

GOOOOOOOOOOO ALEX!
Shimmy_TSGK
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 15:44    Post subject:  

cheating and swearing are both lame
and if you are muted you are a swearer so you are lame
if you are banned you are a cheater therefore you are lame
and that is what the lame cycle is all about. lame lame lame.
oh did i mention that it was lame...

BREEN: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Illyria says: I am not going to explain why?you are too stupid to get it.

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 21:18    Post subject:  

SHIMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IS NOT SPARTAKUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Problem Reporting
Jump to: