TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 21:14
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Suggestions
Suit recharge points
Page 2 of 2 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2

Do you want Suit recharge points?
Yes - I can't live without 'em!
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
No - I think they are the work of Satan
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

sargE

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 15:15    Post subject:  

Ok first of all. Yes i may be a chapion to the "suit whores" (for want of a better term) because everyone else seems to be against them. They may not be the best players in the world, it might infact be there first days play. They know from playing hl2 that powering suit protects them, so its ok for them to do it because they are new.
So for new players its alright you say? So why not experienced players? Lockdown (the most popular map in hl2dm) has 2 suit chargers, one of which is a 200charger. Alot of "pro" players have 1vs1's 2vs2's on this map and they always use the chargers (believe me, they kicked my arse because i never got a chance to charge up). So its not right for them to charge up because they can easily kill without it? In my mind that makes no sense whatsoever. They use the suit charger to keep them alive much longer. In intense 2vs2 fights on lockdown every drop of juice counts and if you camp the 200 charger, you will not last long at all Razz

As for camping the charger on v8. Surly to an experinced player such as youself cylon, you could easily take them out. Even with 200suit a headshot from the mag will do the job Twisted Evil

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
A Cylon! OH NOES!!!

Location: In a harsh reality borne of logic and common sense =)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 16:15    Post subject:  

I usually don't have a mag in v8, unless I spawn on one of the mag points (I usually don't seek it out if it's not on the ground, another weakness =)). I'm on the ground or flying through the air, spam the shit out of 'em.

As for the "pro" players in LD it's pretty damn frustrating when they camp the charger. I had a makeshift 1v1 time with oozy (one of the top ten in the fios grand tournament a year ago) a while back and it was quite difficult to get him off the charger. That being said, he was also very efficient. There were plenty of mag hits with a shotty finish. Sure, it's frustrating, but that's why combine balls were invented. Hell, I've had plenty of instances where I've done something that my opponent didn't like, but said "it's LD, it cool". LD really has no rules, as it's freaking LD.

Along those same lines, as far as I'm concerned there really are no rules it clan fights or 1v1's. There the prime concern is kicking the shit out of the opposition regardless of the cost. It's a double standard, yes, but if everybody played with that mentality in the pubs it would totally suck and be unenjoyable for all.

Damn, I needs be sleeping Rolling Eyes . Reply in a few hours =).
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 16:58    Post subject:  

A Cylon! OH NOES!!! has a slightly diff take on the charger to me sarge. The one's he's talking are v annoying, but its the skilled player who can play and win the session, who charges up (in my humble view) who's the biggest git. Why do they need it, just so they can have a few more frags at the end, they could have done this without it and give the average player a decent gaming chance and thus encourage them to play against better players. Instead after they observe this skilled player whoring up his suite, running around knowing if they attack/challenge this player there as good as dead. So instead of improving the game by joining in on the floor areas, these then average players decide to camp, at least they may get a few more hits before the whore has finished his circuit of the box and heads up to camp land to recharge.

Yes its a good tactic for them, but it in the lond term puts newer players off this great game or just makes them camp/smg u for a little bit longer.

Maybe you like it if there's only few very good players, but myself i prefer a level playing field where we all got the same chance and newer players have more interest to learn new weapons and styles of play. Which they won't if there's a suit whore about.

sargE

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 17:50    Post subject:  

You make a good point sniperborg. Average to low skill players are put off by one good player... I can see how this could work. I can also see this "low skilled" player observing how the high skilled one's plays and attempting to bring that into his/her own game to improve.

Before tought otherwise, i used to use smg alot because i thought it was a strong weapon. I proberly camped occasionly aswell Embarassed as im sure many high skilled players on this forum have done before shown how to play at better standard. At my point of turning into a better, more respectfull player i was also shown how valuable a suit charger is... I mean, why have them in v8 or lockdown at all if they were not valuble in some way. Perhaps to give less skilled players a chance, perhaps to be used wisely by more skilled players.

Many might think of me differently for saying this but oh well..
At the end of the day, the aim of the game is to kill you opponents. The best way to do this is to use everything at you command, including disliked weapons (smg, rpg even ar2 for some of you) and suit. Having a good balance between all of this is the key to becoming a very good player and i bet the best tsgk members use it on v8 and other maps. I challenge them to tell me otherwise. Very Happy

Thinking about it, all of the most popular maps have suit chargers. Lockdown, biohazard, lostvillage even v8 and v3 killboxes. Why i ask all of you?

Sniperborg: you may wish to practice getting up to the charger and down with 50-70suit alive to give you a better chance of passing your tryout to get into tsgk. You may think it unfair, but against osiris or pikpik (whoever does your tryout) it could give you an advantage you need to pass. Smile
Also, dont get me wrong. I would love it if there were more average-high skilled players in the game. Makes for a better/tougher game!

Cylon: Why do you think the "pro" you played used the charger? If not to give him a desisive advantage when coming around to kicking your arse. Im guessing he could off done it without it (if he is as good as you claim), so why would he use it?

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
The Borg_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 19:59    Post subject:  

You make your points well sarge. The game is all about killing and being the best. The suit charger helps you to become this. I'm just a romantic and believe the game should have a level playing field. Embarassed

Suit charger in the tryout Rolling Eyes Wink

Page 2 of 2 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » TSGK Servers » Suggestions
Jump to: