TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dablackdude989
March 27 1992 (32 year old)
JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Wed 27 Mar 2024 Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024
Birthday dablackdude989  

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 13:59
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Some thoughts...
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
DietH2O

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 13:42    Post subject:  Some thoughts...  

Hi Folks,

I've played on TSGK servers for a while now and I've been reading through the posts on this forum. I'd like share with you some of my thoughts (for what they're worth) and give you some 'customer feedback'.

First off, excellent servers. If I'm looking for a half hour of DM fun then TSGK is a favourite. By and large, the clan members are friendly, fair and courteous and needless to say very very skilled. Congrats also on your website - the best I've seen.

I'd just like to point out a couple of things that I've noticed when playing with (or against!) others (including TSGK members) on the servers. I've noticed similar tendencies on some of the postings here...

Firstly - points... I know points are important but they are not that important. What's important is developing your skills and playing better. I hate the term 'noob' - it's derogatory and refers to someone who's just getting used to the game. Everyone was like that (and I still have days where you'd think I never played before). Not giving away my age but I could probably call everyone noobs (I played Atari consoles!). If points are a priority then only play on restricted servers - it's impolite to call players noobs and unfair to unduly restrict them from enjoying the game.

Secondly... Camping - Arrgh! Two things here I've problems with. First - that some people think sniping is camping - it's not! I hate RPGs in killboxes and welcomed their removal from TSGK. If people don't like sniping then get rid of 357s and crossbows otherwise put up. I don't like grenades (too blunt and destructive) but I don't sound off to people when they blast me away.. I will snipe if I spawn near a sniping weapon - it's part of the game. Each to their own, I love physics, 357 and crossbow and hate crowbars and grenades (especially after the valve update). So that means I get the kills but others get the points - seems fair. Also, I like when others camp - nothing I enjoy better than super jumping (I really love the lifts!) through the air and hitting them with a crossbow bolt in the head. Mmm. Lovely. We should bear in mind that what makes the servers a good place to play is that there is always plenty of people on them. The more the merrier, including noobs and campers etc - it's what makes it interesting.

Finally - wouldn't it be lovely to flame anyone who accuses you of cheating? !

Sorry for the long posting - quite day at work.. Keep up the good work and drink plenty of water.

DietH2O

p.s. please ban grenades, crossbars and anything else harmful to me.
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 18:31    Post subject:  

Thanks for sharing your troughts.

Personnaly i don't care for the points at all, only the main statistics are interesting (favorites weapon, best maps, awards of the day is fun).
I never use the word noobs which for me mean nothing, but i admit that i saw lot of players using this word for almost everything.

I don't like restricted servers, you will never see me on XVII (Top 500), only on the XIX doing a tryout and on X trying new things and testing new maps. I play US servers where my latency is high but i still enjoy (loosing plenty of points).

My points about camping/sniping, first for me there is camping and sniping. Someone waiting near a spawnpoint with a crossbow isn't sniping at all... This is pure camping. Also, for those who really love sniping, then the best map is dm_council_tsgk, small windows, large area, long range shoot, it's what i call sniping, this map is available on XVI.
Grenades are the best weapon in combination with the gravgun, a very good anti "camper/sniper" weapon.

I didn't care anymore for people accusing me to cheat, actually i will considere it as compliment Smile

So as you said, we need all kind of players to enjoy a good game, including those who say noobs and those who say camper to a sniper Wink

Rublis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 18:54    Post subject:  

campers sux, but snipers are good, need be werry quikly to not be killed Very Happy
and i am that who say cheater or camper. sorry Embarassed
Viz3d_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 19:39    Post subject:  

heh, yes, and i am a noob, always trying to shoot honest palyers, that want to simple stick fight with me.....and yes, smg nades or shotgun are best for it Cool
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 19:47    Post subject:  

Viz3d_TSGK wrote:
heh, yes, and i am a noob, always trying to shoot honest palyers, that want to simple stick fight with me.....and yes, smg nades or shotgun are best for it Cool

Very usefull against the TV Bot Razz

Viz3d_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 20:26    Post subject:  

yes of course, TV is very evil , dangerous creature, we need to wipe'em all out! I fight for mankind!
pRiebe_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 02:53    Post subject:  

hehe.. hey diet.. glad you came here to post Smile

Yea, to my knowledge I dont know any TSGK that would call people noobs in a game. I believe I saw a post or two awhile back about someone complaining about losing points to noobs, I can't say I dont all together care about points because it is nice to be ranked high, but being ranked high, doesn't make you good ya know?..There are great players in low points that rock the house.. I love playing those guys.. I lose more points, but that's all good.. just makes you better..

I am against calling people noobs.. the only time I use that word is when I refer to myself in a new game.. Smile other than that, I dont like to scare people off because they think im a dick for saying that about them.. ya know? just not curteous..

i love the 357.. fun fun.. i like sniping with it.. and i LOVE grenades.. you'll notice that if you havn't already though.. Smile

I love the lifts to grenade people on the way up.. and way down.. its so much fun.. and i love lifting up and hitting those people up top with the 357 with a grenade to the face.. Smile

but thank you for your honest opinion diet.. Im glad you joined up with us and am even more happy that you continue to play on our servers.. I hope to see you stick with us..

--building portfolio, in progress---
http://sjp.notlong.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
DietH2O

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:52    Post subject:  

Thanks folks for your responses,

Nice to have a forum for exchanges such as these. Nice to know that my views are considered reasonable.

Lol pRiebe at your posting. I am very familiar with your grenade abilities! I often wonder "where the hell did he come from?"

As regards campers, although I wouldn't do this myself, I still love them even when they hang around spawn areas. When they kill me it gives me a very great pleasure to hunt them down and punish them - the line of sight on TGSK servers is very helpful in this regard. In fairness, I think it's ok to kill a spawn if they suddenly land in front of you - I used to leave them alone but found (unsurprisingly) that I'd be shot in the back if I passed them by. One type of camper I do despise though are those that plant mines at spawn sites. Absolutely unforgivable... grrr. It makes me go ballistic. Haven't seen this on TSGK servers though.

Confession - I'm no angel either. Sometimes I hold a stick up for a stickfight and then switch to shotgun. It gives me the giggles. But I know I will go to hell for it. And I deserve any abuse I get. Sry...

One last thing - a request to Mr Osiris. Sometimes at the start of a game there's some interesting music played. Any chance you could source Julie Andrews "Sound of Music"? Killing to that would be such a surreal pleasure Wink Go on - I know you want to.

Ciao babies - and remember, water's good for you.

DietH2O
Rublis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 13:23    Post subject:  

Quote:
Sometimes I hold a stick up for a stickfight and then switch to shotgun.

good boy, i do it too Wink
pRiebe_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 01:42    Post subject:  

DietH2O wrote:

Confession - I'm no angel either. Sometimes I hold a stick up for a stickfight and then switch to shotgun. It gives me the giggles. But I know I will go to hell for it. And I deserve any abuse I get. Sry...

One last thing - a request to Mr Osiris. Sometimes at the start of a game there's some interesting music played. Any chance you could source Julie Andrews "Sound of Music"? Killing to that would be such a surreal pleasure Wink Go on - I know you want to.
DietH2O

Haha, that's awesome..

and about the music.. i have a few songs that I would love to hear in the beginning.. mainly rock ones, but i have insane great house and trance ones as well that would just fit with the theme of hl2 and such..

--building portfolio, in progress---
http://sjp.notlong.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
[22g]TerDark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 09:56    Post subject:  

On 22g we have a swear filter in place to make the game environment more pleasant to all.

'noob' also comes under that filter as it is so derogatory. Its just putting some one down isnt it. unnecessary
22|hooligan|uk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 16:17    Post subject:  

Im with you on the points thing buddy.I dont play on the servers too much,but got told off for nicking all the points off people cause Im not a regular.

I understand not all of the TSGK are as immature as that,but it does stink a bit of elitism.If your not a regular your not allowed in kinda thing is just lame.
Serim_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 17:25    Post subject:  

22|hooligan|uk wrote:

I understand not all of the TSGK are as immature as that,but it does stink a bit of elitism.If your not a regular your not allowed in kinda thing is just lame.

Hah, just rembered that when i started playing on tsgk, when i noticed someone with high points, i hunted that guys specificly xD

Nah, i stop caring 'bout points sometime ago.. I focus on getting my kpd higher atm, and the points doesn't really matter there.
Osiris_TSGK
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 18:29    Post subject:  

Most of the players on TSGK Servers don't care about the points system, this is just a plus and could be fun for some of them.
Also points system is interesting to see if someone is a regular or not, for example, i don't meet all the regular of the US servers and those points can help me to meet them and share some talks (getting feedback etc etc).

Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
 Forum index » TSGK General » General Discussion
Jump to: