TSGK Clan Forum Forum Index TSGK Clan Forum
Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch TSGK Clan forum.

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JaMac
March 30 1981 (43 year old)
Vengeance_TSGK
April 01 1990 (34 year old)
 TSGK Member 
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Thu 28 Mar 2024 Fri 29 Mar 2024 Sat 30 Mar 2024 Sun 31 Mar 2024 Mon 01 Apr 2024 Tue 02 Apr 2024 Wed 03 Apr 2024

Birthday JaMac  

Birthday Vengeance_TSGK  

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 02:28
All times are UTC + 2 (DST in action)
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Advanced Movement Basics.
Page 2 of 2 [57 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Milton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:33    Post subject:  

Guys I know how to do bunny hopping procedure. I am in mid air I press crouch and then release forward and hit strafe and move my mouse. I know how it should be done and I am jumping ok without the aid of forward movement. The problem is I am seriously lacking speed. My velocity on strafe jumps is just the velocity of the basic boost movement (around 300). What am I doing wrong and how can I get to speeds over 400?. Maybe someone can take like 5 minutes and hit me on Xfire so we can practice a little bit.
Freelancer
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 17:25    Post subject:  

I think you have to curl your mouse ,
Than in the same time move in that direction you curled the mouse in
and jump, than quick change to forward....
Than crouch in mid air and hop on your knees Smile
I think its easyer to show the Clip Evil or Very Mad

Milton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 18:27    Post subject:  

Freelancer wrote:
I think you have to curl your mouse ,
Than in the same time move in that direction you curled the mouse in
and jump, than quick change to forward....
Than crouch in mid air and hop on your knees Smile
I think its easyer to show the Clip Evil or Very Mad

I saw the Seagull clip but I just can't get the damn speed. Well it seems I need more training.

And the thing that puzzles me the most is his basic movement. In his video when he is doing W+A sprint and when he is curving his mouse to the left he is getting the velocity of 400 or even over. The problem is when I am doing this move I only get it to like 350-370. Can't get it higher.
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 02:43    Post subject:  

I get over 400 but when Iīm supposed to whip it to the opposite strafe key I donīt seem to get faster, actually I just end up going straight other then in the direction I intended to go. but I can do the skate jumping now a bit (without this whipping thing) , still need countless hours to get it right always. I want to integrate this in the game.

[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 09:54    Post subject:  

Hi guys and gals.
I can do the bunny hop method with the flick of the mouse as diet taught me, dont know my velocity yet as untull reading this post i didn't know you could tell. So ill be looking at it when next in game.
But what is this strafe jump, can i even do it as i use a logitec extreem3D pro joystick and a mouse.my run =right mouse button.. jump= left mouse... duck =thum button1.. reload = thumb button2.. normal directions on stick in left hand.. main trigger = primary fire.. second button on side of stick = use item.. then 4 buttons on top of stick and top hat= 1for secondary fire... one for zoom and the rest for wepons.... plus 6 buttons on base for other things like scores tortch team chat chat ect.

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
[ TSF ] LORD DAVROS

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:45    Post subject:  

have now looked at speed and i can make around 350 to 370 consistantly tipping 390 to 400 sometimes for a breef moment but no faster i take it i'm doing it right. whilst moving forwars hit sprint then jump at the same time as flick mouse left or right then relese jump and hit crouch.

Government health warning DALEKS KILL.......
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 02:31    Post subject:  

I made a video of my current situation, I still get stuck sometimes and I canīt keep the speed up very well but itīs slowly improving:
http://files.filefront.com/skate_jumping_240107avi/;6605514;;/fileinfo.html
(gravity 400)

Last edited by Lawitz on Thu Jan 25, 2007 02:54; edited 1 time in total
MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 02:46    Post subject:  

Lawitz wrote:
I made a video of my current situation, I still get stuck sometimes and I canīt keep the speed up very well but itīs slowly improving:
http://files.filefront.com/skate_jumping_240107avi/;6605514;;/fileinfo.html

i think you're great at it Lawitz!!.. your aux power almost never goes down!
StonedCabbage
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 18:49    Post subject:  

I find best way to bunny hop is Little Speed, duck, Jump Repeat just as you land. If you get it right then you should get the kind of movement where you don't make a sound (I.e no footstep sounds, you move alot quicker with using less Aux Power), best way to practise is to do it stationary till you get a constant bobbing motion going on. Then apply the movement, hard at first but easy once you got it.

4 HSGK servers I just find Run then jump works just fine, no need to crouch becuase of the Low Grav, you'll find crouching actually slows you down with HSGK Grav. You should be able to get loads of speed doing that. Only use the crouch jump when you need to clear an object or barrier to make sure you get over.
Milton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 19:11    Post subject:  

Here is the great map made by Pincus that can help you with bunnyhopping training. If someone can do 15 levels at once he is uberelite. Download the file and place it in the maps folder. This helped me to achieve lockdown jump.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13502194/ptrain.rar.html
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 19:31    Post subject:  

its TSGK not HSGK.
by just doing strafe jumps I end up with no aux power after some time. but when I do skate jump I always have aux power left. so skate jumping isnīt useless on gravity 400 and crouching doesn't slow you down.

ptrain is easy, I can sometimes do level 15 3+ times without failure. but this doesnīt make you a master of it. it means you learned the basic move, you still will have to improve a lot.

its very confusing that everyone calls the jumps with a different name. Confused

Milton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 20:21    Post subject:  

Well then record the demo Lawitz. Pincus was offering some reward if someone can do them all in one shot. Wink
[DmK]chazzz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 21:23    Post subject:  

This may be a silly question but was the gravity set at 600?I would love to see a demo of someone clearing level 15,i've only ever managed to clear level 10 a few times.Lets have a demo please Lawitz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 21:58    Post subject:  

oh I forgot it was 400 and 450 not 600, sry for making you hopes lol Razz
I thought you were supposed to set it to 400.

[DmK]chazzz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 22:09    Post subject:  

Lol Lawitz.By the way anyone heard of air strafing and does anybody know how to do it?I read about it on the steam forums months ago just curious if anyone can do it.
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 00:09    Post subject:  

lol I just managed to do a 180° turn and skate jump backwards with a starting speed of 560 Laughing
when you turn the mouse all the way through its possible to get speeds of over 600, mostly 500 for me. but doing it backwards is something to learn after mastering forward completely. Razz

[DmK]chazzz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 00:26    Post subject:  

That sounds like some move,i'll have to try that one Very Happy
I've never had a starting speed of over 500,my max velocity i've achieved from a strafe jump was 480-490,i must be doing something wrong Confused
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 00:53    Post subject:  

lol so dumb, I experimented with sv_accelerate and when I set it back I set sv_airaccelerate back to its normal value instead of sv_accelerate, leaving sv_accelerate at a high value Embarassed

I donīt know if I did the jump above before this or after, anyway, getting over 500 is normally possible as [vdus] a seagull has shown.

but 480-490 is great, I mostly get 430-460.

deluxe

Browser:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 21:49    Post subject:  

i just played on server I and there was one guy |NERV|WeV who was moving so dam fast that i first thought he might use a cheat lol.
the strange thing was that he seemed to accelerate after the jump, IN THE AIR!!!
i don't know, maybe that's air strafing or however it's called. anyway, either he really masters the strafe jumps etc, or he uses a cheat Smile
Sacrifist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 20:49    Post subject:  

best way to bunnyhop is to go play HL2:CTF
Milton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:16    Post subject:  

Yesterday I was playing House of Blood Aim arena and A Seagull from Vdus came in. Man that is a player. He perfected his bunnyhopping routine and he is using it all the time. When you come to 1 v 1 duel with magnums with him he is so fast and precise I didn't even had a chance to fire 1 shot and he got me with a headshot. He is a cool guy and he also taught me and some other dudes the basics of bunnyhopp. The most important part of a good bunnyhop is good mouse curve to get you speed above 400.
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 03:26    Post subject:  

I also met him today, very nice player. he said practice is all so Iīll just have to keep training.

Xmeagol
Incontinent beast

Location: Oh my god look behind you it's an evil combine advisor with a raging erection oh my god.
Browser:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 13:10    Post subject:  

o Surprised
Habitathxc
TSGK Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 09:44    Post subject:  

Strafe jumping in CTF is much easyer to maintain velocity (try it www.HL2Ctf.com)... I know thats a fact but i have no facts to back it up =P In ctf I can get over 800velocity and some people talk of 2000 velocity. Its built up over time so dont think BOOM 2000 vel. In CTF you hold your strafe button get a nice starting speed, and keep hopping, holding the strafe button, timing your jumps (easy to do with mousewheel up) no forward no sprint, Just strafe and jump, and keeping your direction with the mouse. Im going to attempt to do some of this in DM after i hit the submit button =D Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 00:12    Post subject:  

wanted to play that but just saw it requires HL2. I only have the Source Multiplayer Pack.

my skatejumping/bunnyhopping has improved, I rarely get stuck on the floor and I can maintain speeds from 330-410 right now. but my gameplay is getting real bad at times because I concentrate on the jumping more then on the enemys Laughing

MeekMeekle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 07:35    Post subject:  

hl2ctf has very few servers .. from my experience only like 2 - 5 that have players..

as far as bunny hopping / strafe jumping is concerned .. i noticed htat killa/ppv can do it!! yeah crazy. i'm all confused on hopw you crouch and jump and strafe at the same time ... I dont have enough fingers for that!
Lawitz
TSGK Member

Browser:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 14:42    Post subject:  

its hard to learn, its hard to master. just start doing it and donīt say "this is too hard I canīt do this". go into lan server and train, also repeatedly watch the video made by A Seagull. then if you get the gist, start using it in games. you will play bad in the beginning but with time it will be normal again and with some more time it will show its benefits.
its not that hard to press the buttons, also you can put either jump or crouch on a mouse button so its not so hard for the left hand.
w+a+sprint
mouse to the left a bit
jump, crouch, let go of w+a and sprint,
hold d and crouch (keep crouch pressed the whole time)and turn the mouse over a bit to the right
when you touch the floor press jump (it must be timed right or you loose too much speed)
hold a and move your mouse over to it
when you touch the floor press jump
and so on. a or d is the direction you want to go, if you donīt press these you just keep going forward.

Page 2 of 2 [57 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » TSGK General » Tips & Tricks
Jump to: